Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Netflix documentary "Hired Gun" (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70202)

JoviGirl 01-23-2018 02:43 PM

Netflix documentary "Hired Gun"

Anyone else watch it? Phil didn't have a lot of opportunity for storytelling there. I was waiting to hear the debacle unfold through his eyes, but my guess is that Jon would never allow him to discuss what actually happened. His moment to say a word about Bon Jovi was only seconds.

Thierry 01-23-2018 02:55 PM

Yes I’ve seen it too. I thought it was very interesting and shows how rotten the market is for hired musicians. I’ve felt sorry for that drummer guy.

JoviGirl 01-23-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1233480)
Yes I’ve seen it too. I thought it was very interesting and shows how rotten the market is for hired musicians. I’ve felt sorry for that drummer guy.

The one from Billy Joel's band? I felt sorry for the whole damn band he fired after 18 years, without saying a word to them.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 01-25-2018 07:11 AM

Yeah, I've watched it a couple of times. I liked it. A few of my musician friends are big fans of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1233480)

Liberty DeVitto?
Yeah, Billy Joel doesn't come across looking too good in this.

steel_horse75 01-25-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1233605)
Yeah, I've watched it a couple of times. I liked it. A few of my musician friends are big fans of it.

Liberty DeVitto?

Yeah, Billy Joel doesn't come across looking too good in this.

This is the man who wrote I love you just the way you are for his insecure wife.......then dumped her for Chrissy Brinkley.

Amazing what money gets you.

JoviGirl 01-25-2018 11:51 AM

Billy Joel is a weak coward who didn't have the balls to man up to the band who stood by him and arranged his music with him for decades. I lost all respect for him after watching this. One of the guys even killed himself and he didn't care or reach out.

Sorry for going OT. I really did wish Phil would be able to tell more of his story.

Thierry 01-25-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviGirl (Post 1233614)
Billy Joel is a weak coward who didn't have the balls to man up to the band who stood by him and arranged his music with him for decades. I lost all respect for him after watching this. One of the guys even killed himself and he didn't care or reach out.

Sorry for going OT. I really did wish Phil would be able to tell more of his story.

Well I agree on the Billy Joel part.

Becky 01-26-2018 12:19 AM

I’m glad I saw Billy Joel before I saw the documentary. I would never go see him again. I expected Phil to have a bigger part in it because he was doing so much Press as a selling point.

Thinny 01-26-2018 12:25 AM

It's been well known for many years that Billy is not a nice person at all. Extremely talented guy though! I never got to see him live, but I would. The fact that he is a massive ass doesn't deflect on my enjoyment of his music. In fact, if we know most of the people we looked up to, we'd all probably be less than impressed. There's a reason they say never meet your heroes...

Nige 01-26-2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1233650)
It's been well known for many years that Billy is not a nice person at all. Extremely talented guy though! I never got to see him live, but I would. The fact that he is a massive ass doesn't deflect on my enjoyment of his music. In fact, if we know most of the people we looked up to, we'd all probably be less than impressed. There's a reason they say never meet your heroes...

He's playing Manchester in June...think tickets are still available.