Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jovi Moment: During the #MeToo Scandal? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70208)

rocknation 02-06-2018 03:29 AM

Jovi Moment: During the #MeToo Scandal?

Quote:

TMZ: Republic Records honcho and The Four judge Charlie Walk claims he was being extorted before an ex-employee accused him of sexual misconduct, and says he has a voicemail to prove it.

TMZ has obtained a voicemail from a source close to Charlie who claims it was left by radio exec Tom Gilligan. The caller, who sounds drunk, offers Charlie a "deal" -- resign from The Four and Republic and "nobody will ever say anything." He claimed Walk hired hookers, and (that three) women were ready to go public as part of the #MeToo movement.

Gilligan tells us he doesn't recall leaving a voicemail for Walk, but does acknowledge he was drunk and upset with him around the same time... He claims Charlie had ignored his request to set up a meet-and-greet with Jon Bon Jovi...

The message was left about a month before Tristan Coopersmith went public with allegations against Walk...Gilligan insists he has nothing to do with her or an extortion plot....Walk pulled out of The Four finale, airing this week...Walk's attorney...says they've filed a complaint about Gilligan with the district attorney and submitted the voicemail as evidence.
When I first heard that there was going to be a TV series starring Fergie, Puff Diddy, DJ Khaled, and Meghan Trainor, I thought it was going to be sitcom! But seriously, folks, though I never doubted that a member of Bon Jovi would get pulled into a #MeToo story, I was thinking more along the lines of aging groupies. Why did Gilligan need Walk to set him up with Jon if he knows Jon personally -- because he also works with Universal Records? And why did he get so upset when Walk didn't respond? Also, how did the voicemail get from a "source close to Charlie" to the media AND the legal authorities? Kind of narrows down the list of suspects as to who the source could be, doesn't it?

http://rocktivity.com/Graphics/shrug.gif

Karla Bongiovi 02-06-2018 11:19 PM

His mention intrigued me, but I'm not sure what about was it. I read it the first time here:

Quote:

...“I’ll make a deal with you. I was told that you stepped in front of me with Jon Bon Jovi who is someone I know personally and have known since 1986. You fix that and I’ll back off … we can either come to terms or not … I want nothing from you … you were just a prick and you’ve always been a prick just for the record … I don’t even know how you became the president of that company because you’re an asshole. But I will back off if you will do that for me. Or I can continue to harass you and put you on TMZ … use all of my powers which I have a lot of and blow your life up.”
https://pagesix.com/2018/02/05/charl...e-allegations/

English is not my first language. Fix what, exactly? Like, Jon had to confirm he was with him that night? :confused:

Becky 02-07-2018 02:55 AM

It comes across to me as the accused is using Jon as an alibi an the accuser is calling BS because she knew Jon personally and he wasn't there.

But it's pretty confusing out of context.

rocknation 02-07-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1234100)
It's pretty confusing out of context.

Quote:

PageSix.com: ...“I’ll make a deal with you. I was told that you stepped in front of me with Jon Bon Jovi who is someone I know personally and have known since 1986. You fix that and I’ll back off...we can either come to terms or not...I want nothing from you...you were just a prick and you’ve always been a prick just for the record...I don’t even know how you became the president of that company because you’re an asshole. But I will back off if you will do that for me. Or I can continue to harass you and put you on TMZ...use all of my powers which I have a lot of and blow your life up.”
Welcome to JoviTalk, Karla, and thank you so much for finding and posting the actual text of the voicemail, because it gives us context with which to test TMZ's contention that Walk "ignored" Gilligan.

First, let's set up a timeline. The message was left a month before Walk was outed as a #MeToo-er? That makes it late December -- just in time for Jon's televised New Year's Eve appearance:

And now let's pull some resumes:
Quote:

Walk was named president of the Republic Group, "a newly formed grouping under the Universal Music Group, where he is charged with developing strategic partnerships with sister labels in addition to his role in charge of promotions and artist development."
Quote:

Gilligan: I started in radio as a DJ when I was 16 at a station in Philadelphia... My experience includes every job possible in broadcasting from "snow phone man" to Vice President/General Manager of a 9-station group at age 29...Currently I'm the Owner-President/CEO of The PowerPlant Multimedia Studios in Columbus, Ohio...full-service multimedia...do(ing) television/radio commercials, video content for local and international clients, a recording studio (Keith Urban recorded with us), marketing strategies, and business consulting.
Which brings us to some possible motives. If Gilligan was working on some kind of promotion or appearance with Jon, it due to his contacting Jon directly (since he knows him so personally) or by going through the "proper channels" of Jon's management. But Walk "stepped in front" and squashed the project, either because he knew Jon wouldn't be available, or because he saw Gilligan as too "small-time."

Even worse, maybe Jon had committed to doing something with Gilligan, but had to renege because Walk refused to give him "permission." And worst of all, Gilligan may have therefore found himself in an embarrassing position due to having made promises to others which he could no longer keep.

That would certainly explain why Gilligan was so upset -- especially if he was told by Jon or a member of his camp that it was Walk who ruined everything!

Karla Bongiovi 02-07-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1234100)
It comes across to me as the accused is using Jon as an alibi an the accuser is calling BS because she knew Jon personally and he wasn't there.

But it's pretty confusing out of context.

Yes seems plausible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1234114)
Welcome to JoviTalk, Karla, and thank you so much for finding and posting the actual text of the voicemail, because it gives us context with which to test TMZ's contention that Walk "ignored" Gilligan.

First, let's set up a timeline. The message was left a month before Walk was outed as a #MeToo-er? That makes it late December -- just in time for Jon's televised New Year's Eve appearance:

Jon Bon Jovi Times Square 2017-8

And now let's pull some resumes:

Which brings us to some possible motives: Gilligan wanted to work up some kind of promotion or appearance with Jon. Either he contacted Jon directly (since he knows him so personally), or he "went through channels" via Jon's management or record label. But Walk "stepped in front" and squashed the project -- either because he knew Jon wouldn't be available or because he saw Gilligan as a small-time, small-town "country hick." Or worst of all, maybe Jon had committed to doing something with Gilligan, but had to call back with the bad news that he didn't "have permission."

Moreover, if Gilligan had made some promises to others that he could no longer keep (putting himself in an embarrassing position), that would certainly explain why he was so upset -- especially if he "was told" by Jon or a member of his camp that it was Walk who "stepped in" and ruined everything!

Thanks ;)

I´ve found this vídeo on facebook by Pagesix, I'm very bad at listening english. Something about him being at the center of a music feud.

https://www.facebook.com/PageSixTV/v...7871878954452/