Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   All shows are being recorded and released (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69820)

Captain_jovi 01-10-2017 09:13 PM

All shows are being recorded and released

Jon just mentioned that each show this tour is being recorded and you can get it after you leave. Why start this now with his voice in this shape I don't know but they're at least finally doing it.

Thierry 01-10-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1216806)
Jon just mentioned that each show is being recorded and you can get it after you leave. Why start this now with his voice in this shape I don't know but they're at least finally doing it.

About time, hope they'll release older shows too.

fanofrem 01-10-2017 09:27 PM

Video or audio only?

Kathleen 01-10-2017 09:43 PM

Best news I have heard all day. I don't have to sweat the metal scanners at MSG......whew.....

Rdkopper 01-10-2017 10:41 PM

Just watched the Facebook Feed and he is only referring to this current tour... The question was about a DVD release so I'm assuming he means every show will be streamed or recorded....However still cool... I need to purchase a very large SD Card....

Bounce7800 01-10-2017 10:50 PM

Cool, but way too late.

I got this from Linkin Park show 10 years ago, we could have had some great Jovi shows in that time. Still, I'm always wanting to get recordings of shows I've been to Whether they are good bad or indifferent.

Captain_jovi 01-10-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1216810)
Just watched the Facebook Feed and he is only referring to this current tour... The question was about a DVD release so I'm assuming he means every show will be streamed or recorded....However still cool... I need to purchase a very large SD Card....

Sorry, that's what I meant. All shows this tour.

Becky 01-10-2017 11:51 PM

Great news!! I'm glad they are catching up with what other bands are already doing.

Rdkopper 01-11-2017 12:04 AM

I wonder if they are going to charge

Rdkopper 01-11-2017 12:05 AM

Hopefully we get a nice array of songs so we can put together a nice mix

Javier 01-11-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1216816)
Hopefully we get a nice array of songs so we can put together a nice mix

The songs Jon mentioned from their catalog gives me hope. But with the current state of his voice I wonder if that's more of his wishful thinking or more based on reality of what they've been rehearsing....

liljovi93 01-11-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1216817)
The songs Jon mentioned from their catalog gives me hope. But with the current state of his voice I wonder if that's more of his wishful thinking or more based on reality of what they've been rehearsing....

What did he say?

They'll definitely charge.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 01-11-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1216817)

Interesting how he knows what the fan favorites are... Loves The Only Rule

Rdkopper 01-11-2017 12:55 AM

I knows it's pointless but I wonder if that LAST question was real or fake!!!

If the question wasn't asked about the DVD, we wouldn't know about this?

Rdkopper 01-11-2017 01:06 AM

We should collectively set up a group with a bunch of us where we each purchase a show... If there are 30 shows, we'll get 30 people to join... hopefully some rarities will be pulled out of the vault too...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Savvi 01-11-2017 01:22 AM

Wow, Jon's got balls. He must feel confident enough in his voice to do this. Good on him.

I'm still doubting they'll do Australia this tour.

Dicanio 01-11-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1216819)
What did he say?

It says you get the audio as part of the VIP packages on Backstage and has done since they went on sale last year

IML88 01-11-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1216824)
Wow, Jon's got balls. He must feel confident enough in his voice to do this. Good on him.

I'm still doubting they'll do Australia this tour.

Or he's had a whiff of the cash Springsteen gets from doing the same thing and fancies a bit of that action.

I'm not convinced his voice or this band are strong enough to merit the ticket price anymore let alone the inevitable £10 or so for a glorified soundboard recording from each concert.

I still can't get over how bad that live album from the Palladium is.

Javier 01-11-2017 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1216819)
What did he say?

He Mentioned Dry County, Something to Believe in, Right side of Wrong, Loves the only rule, When we were Beautiful and maybe one or 2 others. It's the last video on the Bon Jovi facebook page. It's about 9 or 10 minutes long.....

Nige 01-11-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1216806)
Jon just mentioned that each show this tour is being recorded and you can get it after you leave. Why start this now with his voice in this shape I don't know but they're at least finally doing it.

I have it on good authority that his previous contract didn't allow for shows to be recorded and sold for whatever reason. New contract, new rules for this tour.

Kova 01-11-2017 04:02 PM

Great idea!
Hopefully its video, and hopefully people will upload these on YT so we can have pro shots of every show!

JerseyGiant 01-11-2017 04:19 PM

Dont quote me but didnt he say he/they are ready more then ever to get touring?... this excites me I luv this Jon! Each show being recorded, talk of rarities, this sounds like a Jon whos got a fire in his belly and is ready to go!.. of course it could all be balls... and im in the UK so no shows for me for a while anyway 😂😂 ... To YouTube 🖒

Captain_jovi 01-11-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1216832)
I have it on good authority that his previous contract didn't allow for shows to be recorded and sold for whatever reason. New contract, new rules for this tour.

Interesting! Thanks!

Kathleen 01-11-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1216832)

I suspected that this might be the case. Whatever the reason, I am pleased :)

jesyjames 01-11-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1216835)
Dont quote me but didnt he say he/they are ready more then ever to get touring?... this excites me I luv this Jon! Each show being recorded, talk of rarities, this sounds like a Jon whos got a fire in his belly and is ready to go!.. of course it could all be balls... and im in the UK so no shows for me for a while anyway 😂😂 ... To YouTube 🖒

He did say that... something like "I am more ready, willing, and able than I have ever been.." It stood out to me. He has to be keenly aware of the general fan perception that is out there regarding his current state.

Rdkopper 01-13-2017 04:00 AM

I'm excited too... I always have a great time at these shows... Jon's voice is the least of it... You don't hear the notes when you are there live... It's overshadowed by the acoustics, volume, crowd, and energy...

Walleris 01-13-2017 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kova (Post 1216834)
Great idea!
Hopefully its video, and hopefully people will upload these on YT so we can have pro shots of every show!

I very much doubt it. Other artists that have done similar things (Bruce, Pearl Jam, Robbie Williams, Linkin Park, and many others) only released it in audio formats, which is understandable; considering how much more expensive it would be to produce quality video releases for each show of the tour. And there's no way you'd be able to buy it right 'after you leave'.

rolo_tomachi 01-14-2017 11:11 PM

Metallica has been doing this for 12 years. Jon is definitely late. But it would be interesting to enable a site and bring back some shows from vault of other tours of the past. Metallica also does this.

Captain_jovi 01-15-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1216887)
Metallica has been doing this for 12 years. Jon is definitely late. But it would be interesting to enable a site and bring back some shows from vault of other tours of the past. Metallica also does this.

Like someone else mentioned, it was their contract with AEG that prevented it from being done.

It would be nice to have old shows released as well but I think the cache they are going for here is "listen to the show you were just at".

Walleris 01-15-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1216888)
Like someone else mentioned, it was their contract with AEG that prevented it from being done.

This is pure speculation. And not one I would personally put a lot of stock in, considering the large amount of livestreams during the past couple of tours; which is not that different than releasing shows on CDs at the venue.

I have no inside information (so this might be full of crap), but I think the case for not doing this much earlier is (much like with most business decisions) is the laziness and mismanagement.

Dave88 01-15-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1216888)

Hmm I don't think the tour promoter has a say in this. I guess it's more of a label thing, and as we all know their contract with UMG has now been renegotiated after the 2014/15 fall out...

Javier 01-15-2017 10:20 PM

All we can do is speculate but if their old contract the record company didn't have any revenue as far as touring and merchandising went then it would have created a murky area where even though they owned the masters of the songs being performed they wouldn't get any piece out of this "official bootlegs" being released so to speak. My guess is that now that the contract is renegotiated and everybody get a piece of the pie, an agreement could finally be made....

Nige 01-15-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1216889)
This is pure speculation. And not one I would personally put a lot of stock in, considering the large amount of livestreams during the past couple of tours; which is not that different than releasing shows on CDs at the venue.

I have no inside information (so this might be full of crap), but I think the case for not doing this much earlier is (much like with most business decisions) is the laziness and mismanagement.

Livestreams are totally different to releasing shows in a legal sense, even if the core concept is quite similar.

Captain_jovi 01-16-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1216911)
Livestreams are totally different to releasing shows in a legal sense, even if the core concept is quite similar.

Agreed. Releasing the show you were just at isn't at all the same as broadcasting a hand ful of live shows for free one time only.

Kathleen 01-16-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1216922)
Agreed. Releasing the show you were just at isn't at all the same as broadcasting a hand ful of live shows for free one time only.

I remember you visiting us and going to see BNL at Radio City Music Hall. How long ago was that? (I just looked, it was 2006 - yikes) We walked out of that show with a thumb drive with the soundboard audio all those years ago. Bon Jovi is way behind the times.

BJFan99 01-18-2017 02:24 PM

Here I am, ready to cringe through dozens of pro-shot murders of Always... I really hope Jon does something to save what's left of his voice (which probably, with all the confidence issues taken off, is the voice he had in June/July 2013). I don't think his voice is completely gone - meaning that he's 100% unable to do any of the songs justice - but it will take a LOT of work from his vocal coach to get him back to the shape where he was in 2010-11 (which I'm sure Jon's still trying to reach).

Dicanio 02-08-2017 05:29 PM

Anyone else get the email today?

Gigs will be available as either mp3 or Flac but will cost a staggering $34.99 per show!!!

Captain_jovi 02-08-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1217446)

Gigs will be available as either mp3 or Flac but will cost a staggering $34.99 per show!!!

Wait......wait what? Seriously?

I really....come on...

DryCounty 02-08-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1217446)

Thank god for piracy

Thierry 02-08-2017 07:13 PM

Very expensive, I guess they use this as a compensation for normal album sales and Spotify and Deezer.