Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

asok80 02-09-2014 12:43 PM

Now THAT makes me jealous. I have been a fan since the late 60s.

Just bought tickets to see Davy Knowles at The Iridium Room in NYC. This guy rocks - saw him open for Chickenfoot a few years ago and then saw him at The Iridium Room recently. He is an incredible guitarist who can also sing the blues.

---

Yeah me too so this is def. a dream come true. Was sure I wasn't gonna get any tix without paying through the nose but luckily they released more tickets. Taking my god son with me, as he's a big fan too and we'll celebrate his birthday while we're there.

ooh will have to check that guy out for sure.

TheOriginalJez 02-09-2014 03:20 PM

Saw Airborne in Nottingham a few months ago. If they weren't so desperate to be AC/DC they'd be awesome, as it is they're just good.

brighton84 02-10-2014 10:06 PM

Saw the Treatment last night in Manchester,for a bunch of kids they sure can rock....Awesome.!!

Supported by Cage the Gods who were also very good.....A great evenings rock for £9.50....The Treatment actually hung round after to sign copies of their new album.
Remember when rock bands used to do that before those blasted meet n greets....

dcj28 02-10-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton84 (Post 1161820)
Saw the Treatment last night in Manchester,for a bunch of kids they sure can rock....Awesome.!!

Supported by Cage the Gods who were also very good.....A great evenings rock for £9.50....The Treatment actually hung round after to sign copies of their new album.
Remember when rock bands used to do that before those blasted meet n greets....

Saw a Cage the God's track on YT last week,looks like it could be a decent cd when it's out.

Ricky Skywalker 02-20-2014 11:13 PM

This year's gonna be very full of live shows for me :D

I've already seen Polish band called Vincent, then Civil War (band formed by ex-Sabaton members and Nils Patrik Johansson from Astral Doors) and Deep Purple :)

I got tickets to few other shows - Steel Panther, Alice Cooper + Orianthi @Rock Meets Classic, Robbie Williams, Reckless Love and AEROSMITH :D

And I'm planning to see also Kee Marcello, The Rolling Stones, Gotthard and Masters Of Rock festival (with Sebastian Bach, Sabaton, Civil War and others in the line-up). Europe and Eric Clapton, maybe, too :) and Orianthi's solo show if it's gonna happen this year somewhere in Europe ;)

brighton84 03-02-2014 01:51 AM

Birthday surprise for the wife,took her to see Micky Bubbles tonight in Manchester.Actually enjoyed the gig,guy can sing,good band to back him up and a decent stage show to boot.

Is it a crime to say I enjoyed it more than seeing Judas Priest??:D

asok80 03-06-2014 03:19 PM

Just got tickets to An evening w Elvis Costello here in Gothenburg in September. :-)

Fredrik 03-06-2014 06:19 PM

I went to see Europe last night in my hometown and they blew me completely out of the water. They're in their late 40's / early 50's but man do they put on one hell of a show! I wish BJ would show just a hint of such energy in their shows. It's obvious that Europe as a band are still hungry and striving to show what they're made of and not relying on previous merits. That also reflects in their more recent albums since 2004, especially Bag Of Bones (2012), which display both a maturity and edge. Awesome, to summarize!

asok80 03-06-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akmaghir (Post 1169165)
tickets are still available???
http://watchfree.me/118/w.png

I Think so

Kathleen 03-07-2014 12:28 AM

Well I have some catching up to do.

I have a Southside Johnny show on March 22,
Davy Knowles at the Iridium Room on April 23
Heart on April 5
And 3 Springsteen shows in May - 2 at the Mohegan Sun and 1 in Albany.

Really looking forward to some live music again, it's been a long winter.