Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

thesedays2014 11-29-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1215579)
It is a very respectable opinion. But of course I do not share it. Nobody said that Hardwired is a masterpiece, obviously it is not a perfect album, but it is very enjoyable, and especially accessible, something that were not the latest releases of metallica. There are a lot of references to all his albums and also to other bands that have influenced Metallica, but for some strange reason, this mix works very well for me. It sounds cool, there are great voices, good riffs, groovy songs, it's a solid album despite its flaws. And yes, the album grows over time.

And in my opinion, I hope someday Jon make a record as satisfying as this. I can not credit Jon because what he have done with This House Is Not For Sale is basically the same from 2000 until now. Jon is don't take Keep The Faith, These Days or New Jersey and SWW, ok, but is influenced by Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway and WAN, its worse version. This House is an album that also reminds me of a lot of songs that before became much better, but I understand that even though it is not perfect, it is not bad.

It seems like we have a way to measure different for both bands, I understand, we are Bon Jovi fans first, no problem, but both have some problems when it comes to creating something original, at least metallica tries to use the best of their repertoire to make a good song, Jon though ...

I love both bands, and And I am aware of their weaknesses. This House is ok, Hardwired feels very good.



Agree 100% [emoji4]


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jeeper 11-29-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1215577)
I'm torn on this one... I like it a lot but don't love it... Something is missing... It's like I've heard all this before but better versions... It's almost like these are the And Justice For All B-Sides... Spit Out The Bone? Really? In 2016?



I know I'm alone on this one but this is where I credit Jon for never wanting to repeat the same album twice... I think musically it's there, lyrically not, and the attitude seems a little forced...



And Justice For All was their musical peak imo... Although the Black album (along with Load and Reload) solidified them into that mainstream top 40 commercial success category, And Justice For All was the album that got them there... 'One' is obviously a classic... Then you got Ride The Lighting, Fade To Back, Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, it's just an endless list of beauties that are so well written lyrically that none of these songs can even compare... I'm not one for comparing albums to the past but if you are going to put out an album like it's the mid 80's, I'm going to compare it to the mid 80's..



With all that said, having this sound back is a breath of fresh air!!! I don't give it the same praise that everyone else is but It sounds like classic Metallica and for that, I gotta love it... Maybe with a few more listens, it's grow on me some more...



I agree here. I've listened to the new album and I like it. But there's not a "wow" song on it. It's very solid and well produced. I love Metallica and think they are the best thrash metal band ever. (I know they have crossed over into other genres at times)

I think Hardwired is good. But it for me feels a little predictable. At their best they combined ferocious riffs with fantastic melody.

I actually think Broken, Beat & Scarred is a perfect recent example of this. That's a classic modern day Metallica song for me.

I'm still enjoying Hardwired and think it's got a lot of good songs. There's not anything negative to say about it. Not being on a par with RTL, MOP, AJFA or the Black album doesn't make it bad. Very few albums can touch those.

Good effort.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 11-29-2016 11:08 AM

Spit out the bone is great

some of the tracks on disc 1 sound like they couldve come off the black album

my least fav? Hardwired to self destruct. Does nothing for me

rokenrola 11-29-2016 11:20 PM

the best Metallica albums are Black,Load and Reload and at that time James sings very nice and listenable,from then to now everything is about banging and the way he sings now FROM THE BALLS is really annoying and not good for ears,what I specialy dont like it is running time of songs,too freaking longgggg

Jeeper 11-30-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1215599)
the best Metallica albums are Black,Load and Reload and at that time James sings very nice and listenable,from then to now everything is about banging and the way he sings now FROM THE BALLS is really annoying and not good for ears,what I specialy dont like it is running time of songs,too freaking longgggg



Reload is disappointing for me. I really like Load & obviously The Black album is a classic.

But Metallica are at their best on Master Of Puppets. The other 80's albums are all great with some outstanding songs on them. But Puppets will always be my fav. The fury on Battery - "smashing through the boundaries lunacy has found me" - God almighty that song wants to hurt you!

Just a great great album.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thesedays2014 11-30-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1215599)
the best Metallica albums are Black,Load and Reload and at that time James sings very nice and listenable,from then to now everything is about banging and the way he sings now FROM THE BALLS is really annoying and not good for ears,what I specialy dont like it is running time of songs,too freaking longgggg



Can tell you're a Jovi fan [emoji23]

Metallica were, are and always will be a different band. Their musical creativity high was AJFA; the 90s were full of commercial experiments (never a fan of the Black Album, but like Load and Reload); Saint Anger was Saint Anger; Death Magnetic was a 'could have been' record if produced well and Hardwired ****IN ROCKS!!!!

Could you imagine Jovi taking 8 years to come out with a new record and then it being a mix between Bon Jovi, Slippery, Jersey, Faith and These Days but with a modern and fresh touch (without surpassing those albums as albums, all must be said)...that's Metallica today [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 12-01-2016 12:45 AM



Metallica: Behind the Hardwired... Photo Shoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=xYrR2Bdzao0

rokenrola 12-02-2016 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1215607)
Can tell you're a Jovi fan [emoji23]

Metallica were, are and always will be a different band. Their musical creativity high was AJFA; the 90s were full of commercial experiments (never a fan of the Black Album, but like Load and Reload); Saint Anger was Saint Anger; Death Magnetic was a 'could have been' record if produced well and Hardwired ****IN ROCKS!!!!

Could you imagine Jovi taking 8 years to come out with a new record and then it being a mix between Bon Jovi, Slippery, Jersey, Faith and These Days but with a modern and fresh touch (without surpassing those albums as albums, all must be said)...that's Metallica today [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I am Jovi fan but Metallica is number 5 on my list. Like you said they are different band,they are trash metal band,Jovi is rock band,different audience too,I dont see that combination albums in one Jovi album,they can do experiment,I dont care if they sell much or dont,I like new album a lot,it is different and fresh for me but Metallica album is not fresh,it is pretty much same old stuff,fast and hard songs and too long also.
Alter Bridge new album is better for me,not the mention album before that Fortress,Megadeth last album is better for me.
Every band wants to be commercial and sell a lot,the best commercial period for Metalica is from 1991 to 1997.
I listen Hardwired couple of times and I cant remember one song from beginning to end,not moving by,it is just my feeling.
I am very glad they do well in sales and concerts ;)

rolo_tomachi 12-02-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1215702)
I am Jovi fan but Metallica is number 5 on my list. Like you said they are different band,they are trash metal band,Jovi is rock band,different audience too,I dont see that combination albums in one Jovi album,they can do experiment,I dont care if they sell much or dont,I like new album a lot,it is different and fresh for me but Metallica album is not fresh,it is pretty much same old stuff,fast and hard songs and too long also.

This new album is not fast, friend, is varied and only has 2 or 3 fast songs. Has some heavy and others that are not heavy. There are also fresh songs that feel new in your catalog. And this last album, despite being 2 discs, contains 12 songs, and feels shorter than Load, Death Magnetic or St Anger.

------------------

Metallica: European Promo Tour Recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ugtLKmDbrZA



Jeeper 12-05-2016 08:20 AM

Still enjoying the new album. Very good effort.

On a side note - top 3 underrated Metallica songs?

1. The God That Failed
2. The Frayed Ends Of Sanity
3. Leper Messiah


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.