Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Neurotica (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49321)

heart&dagger 11-03-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 954586)
The recording sessions for what ended up being Crush were probably the longest for any album the band released. I think they had penned/recorded some 40 odd tracks and with varying styles, stuff like Temptation for example.

Just Older was played in 1998 by Jon on solo tours whilst other tracks were written in 2000 with the band.

The problem is that they wanted to release an album that had a bit of everything, some stuff for the old fans and some material that would bring some new fans in. They wanted to emerge as a new BJ. This made for a very patchy album IMO.

You could probably make a better album with the cuts that were left off it.

I know we have covered this before but I really wish I could hear what the original Sex Sells album would have been like.

Well, I'm new here so if it's been covered before, I missed it.

Having said that, I also would have loved to have heard what the original Sex Sells album would have been like.

Why did the band or Jon decide not to complete and/or release the Sex Sells album?

Thanks.

hackster73 11-04-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superwoman (Post 954597)
Well, I'm new here so if it's been covered before, I missed it.

Having said that, I also would have loved to have heard what the original Sex Sells album would have been like.

Why did the band or Jon decide not to complete and/or release the Sex Sells album?

Thanks.

The whole process was delayed.

Dave had an accident in which he almost lost one of his fingers + change of producer, nothing the band could do about that and I think as time passed by they just kept writing new material and Crush evolved.

Panda 11-04-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZB_ (Post 954454)
When and where the guys where playing "Lonely"?
The only bonus I know about to be played on the concerts is "All I Want Is Everything"

At the fanclub gig in Febuary 2009.....

Bang A Drum was also played there for the first time live.... :cool:

heart&dagger 11-04-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 954994)
The whole process was delayed.

Dave had an accident in which he almost lost one of his fingers + change of producer, nothing the band could do about that and I think as time passed by they just kept writing new material and Crush evolved.

Thanks. I remember that now. Neurotica should have made the Crush CD in the states. I'm sure that it would have sailed up the charts!

What I would give to hear that one live !!

Rdkopper 11-04-2009 09:46 PM

Edge Of A Broken Heart is another one of those songs that didn't make it. I can't believe they never played this live. Especially hearing Jon say in interviews that this could have/should have been a huge hit. Fans would go absolutly ape sh&t if he played this at a show

Luke2k87 11-04-2009 11:33 PM

Really great song!! Think it made the Jap versions of Crush??

Still 1 of Jovi's better albums from the 00s,Easily above Bounce/TLFR/maybe even LH

HBM 11-05-2009 12:42 PM

It certainly gets a good play on my MP3 player in the car. Great song - criminally underrated, even, it seems, by the band itself.