Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What the Live From London DVD shoud have been.... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22820)

Dave 1986 02-11-2004 10:59 PM

What the Live From London DVD shoud have been....

I only first saw this concert when it first came out on DVD internationally and think it is one of the best live performaces I've seen not just from Bon Jovi but any other band. But I do reckon the DVD version should have been much better. This is what I think SHOULD have been on the DVD:

-The FULL concert
-Dolby 5.1 Surround
-Backstage documentry/Interviews with the band
-All the These Days promo videos (plus maybe Good Guys Don't Always Wear White and any other misc vidz)

JOEYKID 02-11-2004 11:04 PM

i see what you mean, it is an ace show and they could of made it into a better 'package' though i love it how it is everyone will always want more, its the way of life :lol:

jade4jovi 02-11-2004 11:05 PM

That would have ben nice. Live from london is the best jovi concert IMO. It rocks :D

Christo 02-11-2004 11:07 PM

Well yeah, they added heaps of stuff for the Crush DVD compared to the video, so why couldn't they do the same for London? :? Blood On Blood would have been great!

Neurotica80 02-11-2004 11:52 PM

All music DVDs are really good value now, most having two CDs. I really hope they can get hold of extra footage and re-release LIL at some point :)

Dave 1986 02-12-2004 11:09 PM

As a concert, LIL is the best out of the 2 (or 3 now :wink: ) concert DVD's around as it really captures the atmosphere of a great show, whereas Crush seems almost lifeless and too "clean" and polished up for the DVD. (At least on my mono TV!)It's about time BJ had a truely decent DVD release, although TLFR is a pretty good package.

davefan 02-13-2004 01:49 AM

I saw it for the first time today, so I agree it should have been a full concert, and especiall one of them not the 3 put together ( I didn`t even recognize that till I saw ticos trousers and Davys jacket)
sure backstage footage and vids would have been great but it`s just the vhs put on a dvd so it doesn`t matter

joviscout 02-13-2004 01:58 AM

I read somewhere that bon jovi had no control over the release of this dvd. Apparently it was filmed by some other company who owned the rights to it and it was there choice to release it. Sort of like the power station years i suppose.

davefan 02-13-2004 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joviscout
I read somewhere that bon jovi had no control over the release of this dvd. Apparently it was filmed by some other company who owned the rights to it and it was there choice to release it. Sort of like the power station years i suppose.

but it says universal pictures at the beginning and copyright polygramm at the end :?: maybe thats the problem the change of the company from polygramm to universal

joviscout 02-13-2004 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
Quote:

Originally Posted by joviscout

but it says universal pictures at the beginning and copyright polygramm at the end :?: maybe thats the problem the change of the company from polygramm to universal

No idea it was the oompas who awnserd the question about it so im sure it would have been fairly acurate.