Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tough Talk and Slippery When Wet Demos (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=45974)

Now And Forever 07-13-2008 05:14 AM

Tough Talk and Slippery When Wet Demos

Can anyone tell me if Bon Jovi ever wrote a song, a title track, called Tough Talk for their debut album that was initially to be titled the same, before the album became self titled (as the website www.foreverbonjovi.com/demos.htm claims, in the Demos section for the Bon Jovi album)? Another question; were there ever any tracks entitled Dick After Night, Heat Of The Night, Give My Heart and King Of The Heart written for Slippery When Wet (as the Demo section for Slippery When Wet, from the same aforementioned website, claims)? Or, as I suspect, were Dick After Night and Heat Of The Night misnamed titles for the demo Deep Cuts The Night- which actually does exist- and, similarly Give My Heart and King Of The Heart for Game Of The Heart- which again, actually does exist? Yes, I've asked these questions before; but this time I've linked the page which is the source of the information that prompted me to do so, for others to see what triggered my curiosity. If anyone knows and can help me out, please do so!
Thanks in advance :)

groover22 07-13-2008 06:20 AM

'Bon Jovi' was supposedly to be called 'Tough Talk' at one point. This has been discussed on here fairly recently I think, and has also been mentioned in print.

Dick after Night (arf) is a misname for Deep cuts the knife (or night) same goes for Heat of the night I think.

Give my heart and King Of The Heart are again, misnames for Game of the heart IIRC.

Captain Walrus 07-13-2008 12:00 PM

You posted this exact thread like a week ago, why are you posting it again?

jovi 94 07-13-2008 12:12 PM

I got a cd with the slippery when wet outtakes. I think i was very lucky to get my hands on it. It has 18 tracks. raw live pre recorded versions of all slippery tracks and 'edge of a broken heart'. It has those tracks you are talking about which iare great. Such a cool thing to have in the car because its so raw and rare. Paid almost £60 for it!

groover22 07-13-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi 94 (Post 863488)
I got a cd with the slippery when wet outtakes. I think i was very lucky to get my hands on it. It has 18 tracks. raw live pre recorded versions of all slippery tracks and 'edge of a broken heart'. It has those tracks you are talking about which iare great. Such a cool thing to have in the car because its so raw and rare. Paid almost £60 for it!

ouch etc..

jovi 94 07-13-2008 02:37 PM

to be honest i didnt want to pay it but im so glad i have it. ITS A BIT LIKE THESE DAYS, you put it in and let it run and its great. Obviously the quality is bollocks but that for me is what makes it so good. Its not dickied up at all. where the hell wouild anyone have got that material???