Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you buy Blu Rays of remastered of previous Bon Jovi DVDs? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69543)

Dave 1986 06-13-2016 09:29 PM

Would you buy Blu Rays of remastered of previous Bon Jovi DVDs?

Just a thought as I'm watching the new Rolling Stones Totally Stripped Blu Ray box set which I bought my dad for his birthday (I know it's all previously unreleased material but it got me thinking anyway) that if Bon Jovi decided to re-release video albums like Live in London, The Crush Tour and This Left Feels Right Live in 1080p HD (with all the bonus features, maybe more), would any of you upgrade?

Me, if they were at bargain prices and done right I probably would pick them all up, if for no reason other than to revisit them as I haven't watched any of the DVD's in a long time. I think they'd all look great in HD. Live in London was shot on film which could be rescanned at 1080p (NOT Upscaled!) and This Left Feels Right Live was originally shot in High Definition (or so it says on the back of the DVD) which was the first time I'd ever heard the term so that one would work. Not sure about The Crush Tour, I mean the DVD looked great but I doubt anything digital from 2000 would have been in HD.

I'm just being a bit of a nerd at the moment but I'd just wondered what everyone thought.

Mongoose 06-13-2016 11:34 PM

Access all areas, Live From London etc yes,

not so sure about Crush Tour & haven't seen TLFR

Alphavictim 06-14-2016 03:27 AM

Is An Evening With... even available on DVD?

Becky 06-14-2016 04:01 AM

If they put ALL the previous video releases on Blu Ray, it would be enough to make me buy a Blu Ray player and purchase the collection. As it is, I don't have a player so if they just put a few things out, I wouldn't buy them (unless it was An Evening With....)

bonjovi90 06-14-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1201724)
Is An Evening With... even available on DVD?

Not officially, but there is a laserdisc transfer around among fans which is of stunning quality.

Bounce7800 06-14-2016 10:39 AM

If they didn't make a complete hash of it then yes. The MSG show they have on Blu-ray is hardly stunning.

Live from London was shown in HD on Sky Arts here, but it didn't look great either sadly although that was more than likely just an upscale from the DVD.

Dave 1986 06-14-2016 08:58 PM

Would you buy Blu Rays of remastered of previous Bon Jovi DVDs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1201730)
If they didn't make a complete hash of it then yes. The MSG show they have on Blu-ray is hardly stunning.

I'd be worried if they screwed it up as well. I remember being thoroughly unimpressed with the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert when that was released on SD Blu Ray a few years ago. Content-wise, it was identical to the VHS/laserdisc and a big improvement over the 2002 DVD but the picture quality was poor. I mean, worse than my laserdisc rip that I have. It looked like it had been 'filmized' to make it look not quite as old as it is and less like a live recording done by the BBC in 1992.

Mind you, Access All Areas/New Jersey: The Videos was done well when re-issued on DVD with the New Jersey: Deluxe Edition in 2014. Just a nice clean, straight transfer which means I could ditch my home-made DVD-R VHS rips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1201730)
Live from London was shown in HD on Sky Arts here, but it didn't look great either sadly although that was more than likely just an upscale from the DVD.

That's a shame I missed that. I don't have Sky Arts myself as I'm with Virgin Media. I'd pick Live from London up on Blu Ray (I'n true 1080p of course) even if it was just a port of the DVD/VHS, content-wise.

I have a laserdisc rip of An Evening with Bon Jovi which I bought from eBay back in 2005, when they got away with selling bootlegs back then, and the picture quality is rather good indeed. Mine was converted to PAL though, which I slightly regret now as I seem to remember the picture shuddering ever so slightly. Still one of those awesome Bon Jovi moments for me as I'd never seen it in full prior to then.

Tiggerbeast 06-20-2016 02:12 PM

Live From London and The Crush Tour didn't show the entire concert. I'd by them if they re-edited to show the entire concerts.

It's my faith 06-20-2016 03:27 PM

A concept that I would love to watch is the multi-camera option. You can choose which camera you watch. For example, I want only the David-camera for the Prayer performance.

I think the DVD or Blu-Ray technology has this feature. I would definitely buy them!

Dave 1986 06-20-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1201880)
A concept that I would love to watch is the multi-camera option. You can choose which camera you watch. For example, I want only the David-camera for the Prayer performance.

I think the DVD or Blu-Ray technology has this feature. I would definitely buy them!

I think This Left Feels Right Live DVD had that option but only on a handful of songs. That would be a cool idea but probably not feasible on say Live from London.