Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi and the songs he cleverly stole from others. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54006)

bounce442 04-22-2017 04:21 AM

I've been on a big Tom Petty kick lately. The more I listen, the more I hear where Jon gets a lot of his influence. Last Man Standing (2004) vs The Last DJ (2002). It's good... we both love Tom Petty.

The following is not at all completely stolen but the music and melody in the verses are the same. And for those who think all of these songs are coincidences, listen to the first line. It's clear what he was listening to when he sat down to write Blind Love. If I could just give him a bit of advice. If you're going to rip off a portion of a song, you gotta change the first line and if not, move it to the 2nd verse.

Blind Love Vs. Tom Petty - You Can Still Change Your Mind

jovifan93 04-23-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1223965)
I've been on a big Tom Petty kick lately. The more I listen, the more I hear where Jon gets a lot of his influence. Last Man Standing (2004) vs The Last DJ (2002). It's good... we both love Tom Petty.

The following is not at all completely stolen but the music and melody in the verses are the same. And for those who think all of these songs are coincidences, listen to the first line. It's clear what he was listening to when he sat down to write Blind Love. If I could just give him a bit of advice. If you're going to rip off a portion of a song, you gotta change the first line and if not, move it to the 2nd verse.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - You Can Still Change Your Mind - YouTube

Ouch. Probably why he left it on his computer to re-appear much later on BB...

Thomas S 04-23-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1224015)
Ouch. Probably why he left it on his computer to re-appear much later on BB...

Yeah, even some of the lyrics are the same. :(

Walleris 04-23-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Totally! Great find!

Panda 04-24-2017 03:05 AM

Sing the chorus of this song:

Over top of this song:

DryCounty 04-24-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Oh boy that's a great find. Pretty much a copy-paste verse.

Alphavictim 04-25-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1224042)

Eh.

CaptainKiddOnSunset 04-25-2017 04:35 AM

Forgive if I've missed this one being posted already...U2 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses- Bon Jovi Superman Tonight... Heard it the other day first time in a while instantly thought of Superman.

https://youtu.be/lA0krVJeszE

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nige 04-25-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1224042)

100% agree with you on this...first listen of Rollercoaster I found myself singing The Middle over the top of it.

GabrielC 04-28-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1224058)

Oh man, it's really similar.