Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Out of Exile - Audioslave (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30529)

Captain Walrus 05-29-2005 12:48 AM

Oh, and I also think it reminds me quite heavily of Pearl Jam. Doesn't Remind Me for example, reminds me a tad of PJ's Wishlist, and in terms of sound some of the rest of it does as well. Which of course isn't a bad thing :D

spunkywho 05-29-2005 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Doesn't Remind Me for example, reminds me a tad of PJ's Wishlist, and in terms of sound some of the rest of it does as well. Which of course isn't a bad thing :D

you are totally right. I knew 'Doesn't Remind Me' sounds very familiar :)

Mr Bluesman 05-29-2005 06:00 PM

I like the new album. I don't rate it as highly as the first album, but it's good. So far, I like Dandelion, The Curse and my favourite is Doesn't Remind Me. I hadn't made the Wishlist link, but I notice it now. It doesn't sound like Audioslave but it's a good step away from that sound.

Alex 06-05-2005 09:35 PM

I finally got to listen to it today and I must say that I really like it after the first listen. Except for you Be Yourself, of course. And I still hear that stupid sandwich line in Your Time Has Come, no thanks to Maria. :x :P

spunkywho 06-06-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
I finally got to listen to it today and I must say that I really like it after the first listen. Except for you Be Yourself, of course. And I still hear that stupid sandwich line in Your Time Has Come, no thanks to Maria. :x :P

LOL!!! I am over the sandwich line, now I hear it crystal clear :)

Cornell does sometimes have a really bad pronounciation - I used to hear 'the grass is always greener where the dogs are shitting' instead of 'shedding' and a ton of other misheards. Oh well. At least you always think of me now when you listen to that song :)

I am glad you like it :)

UKjovi 06-06-2005 07:10 PM

i like Be Yourself.

spunkywho 06-06-2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi
i like Be Yourself.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex 06-06-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
LOL!!! I am over the sandwich line, now I hear it crystal clear :)

So there is hope? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
I am glad you like it :)

So am I, I feel kinda relieved. I'm looking forward to the 15th now! :)

spunkywho 06-06-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex
So am I, I feel kinda relieved. I'm looking forward to the 15th now! :)

for a moment I thought you meant their 15th album - was about to say you are way too optimistic. :)

You'll enjoy it a lot - I promise. I hope they'll do some SG and RATM songs as well. Don't think you'll be blessed like we were with a Temple of the Dog song (at least I'd like to think he only did it cause it was Seattle after all).

Alex 06-06-2005 08:59 PM

We'll see. At least I know now that it's something to look forward to. Can't wait!