Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ~ Official Giants Thread Night 3 29/7/06 ~ (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36534)

SoRedtheRose 07-29-2006 12:55 AM

Bon Jovi goes on at 9:00!?!?! I have tno desire to see Nikelback, so should I arrive around 8:30?

I doubt the "surprise" is that groundbreaking...hopefully a DVD or CD. But unlikely...

windy miller 07-29-2006 01:18 AM

...I'm so excited for all you guys going!..it will be amazing...I thought I'd hate Nickleback...but really enjoyed them!..so get down there and make sure you see them too!

SoRedtheRose 07-29-2006 01:20 AM

I bet that the "surprise" is that Bon Jovi wil partake in Farm Aid or the Rainforest thingy at Giants Stadium.

And maybe I will give Nikelback a try...

danfan 07-29-2006 04:20 AM

Am I mistaken or isn't the cutoff time at Giants 11:00PM? If it is, and Bon Jovi doesn't hit the stage until 9:00, that really sucks. Only 2 hours for the last show of the tour, and at Giants?

danfan 07-29-2006 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005
the suprise will be: Dry County

Although I loved it at the 2nd Giants show, it tanked with 90% of the crowd. They won't do it again.

danfan 07-29-2006 04:30 AM

I gotta agree with those saying "don't get your hopes up". It's true - Jon makes these surprise announcements and most of the time, they disappoint.

I was so psyched in Boston to hear him say we're gonna play one of HAND we haven't played yet, thinking it would be I Am, then they break out Wildflowers and Jon messes up the first chorus.

It'll be something lame like Southside Johnny coming out to jam with him. Or, they'll end it with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye.

What I don't get is, why don't they REALLY throw everyone for a surprise and mix the hell out of the setlist? Not just the songs played, but the order they're played in. I think half the crowd would go into shock if they didn't play Bad Name 2nd, right after LMS. Open up with Bad Medicine, Helter Skelter or maybe I Believe. Just do SOMETHING different.

ShaSha 07-29-2006 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
Am I mistaken or isn't the cutoff time at Giants 11:00PM? If it is, and Bon Jovi doesn't hit the stage until 9:00, that really sucks. Only 2 hours for the last show of the tour, and at Giants?

Typically it is, but I doubt the curfew will be enforced for this show.

Actually the BonJovi.com Q&A people answered this:

Question:
I know that you guys said that there was different curfew times on weekends and weekdays. What time is the curfew at Giants on 7/29?
asked by JoviChick on Friday, July 28, 2006
Answer:
Curfew? We don't need no stinkin' curfew!
answered by BJ3 on Friday, July 28 , 2006 5:14 PM

SamboraQueen21 07-29-2006 05:58 AM

Damn there is a lot of negativity running through this thread!!!

I might have been a Doubting Thomas too if this was the Bounce tour and Jon promised some kind of surprise and it's true in the past what Jon thinks of as a surprise to the die hards has turned out to not be that special. But I think that overall throughout the entire course of the tour the band has really outdone themselves with their performances. I am super excited to hear what is going to be done tomorrow night. Come on people it is the final show of the tour in Jersey for God's sake.. do you honestly think they would go out without a bang? Look at how great Giants Night 2 was... do you think they don't want to top that? Maybe i am being naive but i do have this good feeling that Jon does have something up his sleeve, even if it is one song (please be These Days) we all know how one song a la Dry County can dramatically change a show from great to AMAZING.

Now i am going to go rest my pretty little head and dream some sweet dreams cause Oh my ****ing God i am going to Giants tomorrow and I can't even stand it! I just got done watching AAA and to quote David Bryan I couldn't be happier if I was twins! :D

And oh yeay what is lame about ending the final show with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye? I would love for the show to end that way! Well actually i would love for the show to never end but if it has to it is the perfect song ;)

SAMBORAGUY 07-29-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Damn there is a lot of negativity running through this thread!!!

I might have been a Doubting Thomas too if this was the Bounce tour and Jon promised some kind of surprise and it's true in the past what Jon thinks of as a surprise to the die hards has turned out to not be that special. But I think that overall throughout the entire course of the tour the band has really outdone themselves with their performances. I am super excited to hear what is going to be done tomorrow night. Come on people it is the final show of the tour in Jersey for God's sake.. do you honestly think they would go out without a bang? Look at how great Giants Night 2 was... do you think they don't want to top that? Maybe i am being naive but i do have this good feeling that Jon does have something up his sleeve, even if it is one song (please be These Days) we all know how one song a la Dry County can dramatically change a show from great to AMAZING.

Now i am going to go rest my pretty little head and dream some sweet dreams cause Oh my ****ing God i am going to Giants tomorrow and I can't even stand it! I just got done watching AAA and to quote David Bryan I couldn't be happier if I was twins! :D

And oh yeay what is lame about ending the final show with an acoustic version of Never Say Goodbye? I would love for the show to end that way! Well actually i would love for the show to never end but if it has to it is the perfect song ;)

AMEN! Couldn't have agreed with you more. It is the final night of the tour at Giants Stadium and its going to be a hot clear night. I do expect a few surprises I mean they peformed Dry County night 2! The band has alot to celebrate to close this tour, box set released, HAND broke their own record for most sales in a week, WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME # 1 on the country charts. I mean come on people have some faith here. I'll even be happy if Jennifer Nettles performs with them, I believe shes a great talent and would love to hear her perform with them.

I also agree to the fact that even if its 1 song that they rarely play as a surprise I will be extremely happy. To anyone going to the show go in there with an open mind and just enjoy the show :D.
Now its time for me to hit the bed and get ready for the final night!

jbjhand 07-29-2006 12:04 PM

im excited for everyone whos going tonight (especially Kev) wish i had saved enough money to go now. very very jealous , i hope everyone has a great time.