Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

bonjovi90 06-05-2021 02:37 PM

Can't really blame him for having no desire to return to a brand that's got nothing inspired to offer anymore. First and foremost, no band feeling.

Rdkopper 06-05-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1274014)
You say that like he wants back in the band. Nothing I've seen or heard from him suggests anything of the sort.

The guy is having fun at his beachside home and enjoying the listening to the Stones. How is that "losing your mind"? Granted, I maybe wouldn't have posted this to social media, but it's clear that Richie just doesn't give a shit anymore and is enjoying life. Good on him. I'd rather this than the pretentious uptight shit we get from Jon constantly, but that's just me.

Tell me how that Richie Sambora is any different to this one...

https://youtu.be/94ayZRu_cT4

Or this one...

https://youtu.be/E8KCi8NVXB8?t=19

The difference between those other two videos is that Richie pulls out of it at the end and laughs at himself and shows he's capable.... Something also tells me when hes working around Jon, hes not sloshed out on painkillers and alcohol.

This current video ends with slurred speech with "I dont ****ing know what I'm doing" and he does it for too long.

Now, if he did that for 10 seconds and then laughed at himself at the end and continued with a normal state, he would just be his normal goofy Richie. It was too long and he crossed into that next level of weirdness.

Understand, there is a big difference between a younger guy in is 20, 30, even 40s having some drinks, smoking some weed, even blasting a few lines and being goofy... You handle it better and bounce back quicker.

Its another thing for a guy in 60s to be sloshed out of painkillers and alcohol and continuing to exhibit oddly weird behaviors with slurred speeches.

Know the difference.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 06-05-2021 02:55 PM

Meh, the video is mildly embarrassing, but he's just singing a song.

People are saying why post it? Why would celebrity of 40 years post random shit on social media? These people need attention, Richie is not unique or wrong, it's just the world he lives in.

bonjovi90 06-05-2021 03:58 PM

Jon and Richie have just wandered too far off on both sides. Richie's stayed (or become more of) a goofball than in the past and Jon's become the most uptight, pseudo-serious artist I'm aware of. These two did use to find a middle ground between their personalities that made for a perfect chemistry, but that's simply become impossible (far ahead of their actual split).

Thinny 06-05-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1274023)
The difference between those other two videos is that Richie pulls out of it at the end and laughs at himself and shows he's capable.... Something also tells me when hes working around Jon, hes not sloshed out on painkillers and alcohol.

This current video ends with slurred speech with "I dont ****ing know what I'm doing" and he does it for too long.

Now, if he did that for 10 seconds and then laughed at himself at the end and continued with a normal state, he would just be his normal goofy Richie. It was too long and he crossed into that next level of weirdness.

Understand, there is a big difference between a younger guy in is 20, 30, even 40s having some drinks, smoking some weed, even blasting a few lines and being goofy... You handle it better and bounce back quicker.

Its another thing for a guy in 60s to be sloshed out of painkillers and alcohol and continuing to exhibit oddly weird behaviors with slurred speeches.

Know the difference.

It's too long? If he did it for less time it would be fine? Dude, you're laughable.

You're just creating the differences to suit you agenda. Other than the fact he's older there is no difference. It's the same Richie he's always been. Absolutely no reason people should change just because they get older.

What evidence do you have that he sloshed out on pain killers? None? oh....

So the guy likes to have fun. have a drink, enjoy himself. Good for him, I'm not about to condemn him for that. He's doing him, more power to him.

rickysambo 06-05-2021 07:20 PM

My man's just having some fun! For someone who barely posts anything on social media, you can't really say that he's craving attention any more than an average Joe who uploads selfies on IG. One has to keep in mind that all these rockers of days gone by did live wildly aberrant lifestyles. Some didn't make it, some remained unchanged/unhinged and a few turned out miserable like Jon. It is what it is.

semigoodlooking 06-05-2021 07:57 PM

I am mildly amused by Rdkopper's committment that Richie is constantly "sloshed on painkillers". Every public appearance.

neily82 06-05-2021 08:00 PM

I only pop in occasionally just to check RD Knobber is still detached from reality. Good to see he's keeping up the good work. See you in a year or so [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 06-05-2021 10:22 PM

It's true. I don't like the tone of that 'I don't know what I'm ****ing doing' either, the rest is kind of funny...
I dislike Jon and Richie a lot, now.

GabrielC 06-05-2021 11:29 PM

He is just an old man having fun. It's nothing different than what other people post to Instagram Stories.