Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 10-24-2018 07:37 PM

Lost Highway was the most decent sounding album post-2000.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 10-24-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1246110)
Can't think nothing worse than a HAND sounding album...other than a THINFS, WAN , Circle or LH sounding album!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well sure, of course!

nikos greece 10-24-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246106)
Bingo bango. They can change producers, change guitarists, add new writers, this is how they want it to sound. Every one of them is CAPABLE of better but it sounds phoned in. Richie's guitar playing got more and more watered down from Crush onwards. Bounce was double tracked guitars with baritones tucked underneath. It sounded heavy but technically it wasn't anything special.

I listened to These Days in full yesterday and picked up on a lot of new things. On most of the songs Richie's backing vocals is panned slightly left and it sounds like you're standing in between them sometimes. The first half of the album I noticed the last chord of the songs would be close to the start of the next song. Work was put into guitar parts that sounded raw and didn't need five distorted guitar stacked playing a single echoy note.

The raw swagger, any bluesy sounds have been sucked out of them. But hearing Fingerprints and Who Do You Die For to me tells me they have it in them to do a bit different and veer from the formula. We me have to agree to disagree, Fingerprints is one of the better post 2000 solos.

nicely said these days for me is a masterpiece!!! so many great great songs, melodies,harmonies, performances. its a tragic irony that a band so popular managed to have its best work tragicaly overlooked. for me its to this day impressive how jon and richie took 3-4 of the most common chords in rock and wrote a masterpiece like these days. i could talk for hours for this record. love it from start to finish.
regarding phil xs and shanks guitarwork...listened to the ktf performance. sth is off, i agree with seb its not climaxing..its mostly shredding while richie, when he was on, he took the song and lifting it to the next lvl. phil xs skill is obvious but he isnt doing the songs real justice...a small example i notice every time...the bed of roses lick just before the last chorus repeat...richies is so essential and musical(2-3 notes and a bend) while phil x simply CANT nail it, i ve seen through you tube the song 20-30 times in various concerts...he simply cant(which makes me angry to jon who used to give rich stink eyes with every opportunity while now the guitarists sound like a coverband...i m confident the guitarists of kings of suburbia would play better some of the songs..)
i was impressed by shanks in 2 occasions, his fretwork in a teardrop to the sea and we dont run...nice phrasing and tones.reminds me a bit bobby guitar work in destination solo record...it fitted the songs, it was fresh, it was welcome

liljovi93 10-25-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246057)
You could take away something away for Steel Horse to complain about but he'll find another.

Shanks ain't a bad player, what he's playing is the problem.

Steel Horse once told me I was too negative on twitter. It's quite amusing to think he's probably the most negative on here recently.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Walleris 10-25-2018 12:40 AM

I think HAND and LH are both very well produced albums, for different reasons. The songwriting has its ups and downs, but the sound itself is clear, consistent and achieves the most out of those songs. Come at me mf'ers!

TC/WAN/BB/THINFS, on the other hand...

steel_horse75 10-25-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1246120)
Steel Horse once told me I was too negative on twitter. It's quite amusing to think he's probably the most negative on here recently.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blame it on the bands recent output

JackieBlue 10-25-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1246121)
I think HAND and LH are both very well produced albums, for different reasons. The songwriting has its ups and downs, but the sound itself is clear, consistent and achieves the most out of those songs. Come at me mf'ers!

TC/WAN/BB/THINFS, on the other hand...

I know nothing about production, but I LOVE Lost Highway. Maybe because it was the first album they released after I started following them or maybe because of what you said, that made it good in ways I don't know enough to consciously pick out. Whatever it is, I like it from start to finish. The LH DVD is one that I can watch again and again.

HAND is one that I haven't listened to as much since I bought it. I probably need to listen to it again. Lately, since somebody started the thread about WAN, I've had that one on repeat in my car; and I still don't get the hate for it. It may not be one of their best; but I like something about every song on it. This is probably sacrilege to some, but I realized the other day that I actually think "Amen" is a better song than "Hallelujah" - and it's definitely one of Jon's best 'solo' songs, imo.

I honestly don't think any of their albums are bad. In fact, I don't think any of their songs are bad.

(Except WFTWM. That one's pretty bad.) :)

Captain_jovi 10-25-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1246122)
Blame it on the bands recent output

No it's you constantly beating a dead horse in conversations that have nothing to do with it. Obviously you're not happy with it, at some point you gotta move on and let people enjoy it who do.

steel_horse75 10-25-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246124)
No it's you constantly beating a dead horse in conversations that have nothing to do with it. Obviously you're not happy with it, at some point you gotta move on and let people enjoy it who do.

Dead horse? That’s Guns N Roses. Wrong band.

PanosBonJovi 10-25-2018 10:44 AM

Who Would You Die For actually is a great song which was wasted in a forced album in order to complete their contract with Mercury/Island.

Fingerprints is also very nice. I personally loved We Don't Run from that album. Could be easily a lead single in any other album in 2000s/2010s