Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Bounce Album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48306)

Somthing to Believe In 05-21-2009 04:31 AM

The Bounce Album?

Hey everybody I know alot of people dont like Bounce but I love it and I was just wondering what everybody thought so please tell me thanks!:)

JimBonJovi7 05-21-2009 04:49 AM

Thank goodness! As it was my introduction to Bon Jovi, and I grew up with it, it will always be my favorite album. The mix of heavy tunes, Ballads, and storytelling is excellent.(that's my opinion for certain individuals) My nannie(grandma) bought it for me back in 2002 and she has since passed on, so again I hold it in high regard as it brings me back to that time when she was here. And it was my wife's first introduction to Bon Jovi when I played it for her when we first met, so it has an even deeper connection to me. I listen to it at least 3 times a week and have been since 2002, sure maybe an odd 3 weeks off of it but then I'm back at it again. As I have said before, it comes with us on all of our travels.

Crushgen24/88 05-21-2009 05:23 AM

Ah Bounce. I'll always remember the Bounce period fondly. It was the first Jovi album I bought on it's day of release, the first tour I followed, and my first show was August 7, 2003 on the Bounce Tour, so it was my first "ride" with the band, as it were. That being said, I think the album is below par, and is honestly way too fractured. It's obvious that the band was trying to ride on the success on It's My Life, while at the same time add more guitar, while giving social commentary on 9/11, and it all comes out to a mishmash. The album has several very good songs (Right Side of Wrong is one of my favorite BJ songs, The Distance, Misunderstood, Undivided, Bounce) some okay at times songs (Love Me Back To Life, You Had Me From Hello, Hook Me Up) and a couple that I'd be happy to never hear again (All About Loving You and Everyday, which are such inferior horrid Xerox's of TYFLYM and IML it's comical) I used to hate Open All Night as well, but I've recently found myself liking it lyrically. The point being though that there is NO flow to the album at all, it moves like a compilation record, and is one of the worst sequenced records ever in my opinion.

Javier 05-21-2009 08:02 AM

Well, in my opinion this album has always gotten a lot more hate than it deserves. I said in the youtube thread that before the album came out was a great time to be a bon jovi fan, those promo shows the band was doing were awesome, the NFL kickoff with over 200,000 people in Times Square, the sheperds bush gig, even the one in Tokyo were the band seemed tired. They seemed confident, and they really believed in the songs I felt.

Even if the flow of the album isn't the best, I feel like there are some great songs here that are overlooked because of the fact that the album is difficult to listen to all the way through. Personally the only songs that I would take off the album are All about loving you and You had me from hello, the rest I think go from good to great. I'll conclude by saying something that I'm sure I've said before, I cannot for the life of me see how anybody can mention everyday as an IML copy and yet not be able to hear the more obvious similarities between IML and Bounce. .......

Crushgen24/88 05-21-2009 08:16 AM

I think that while IML and Bounce are more similar musically (and do share some lyrical content), Everyday is almost exactly the same song, with the same message (where at least Bounce, or later on HAND it's similar, but tweaked) especially to the naked ear. Just my opinion of course.

liljovi93 05-21-2009 08:45 AM

When this came out, I loved it. A few months ago, I hated it. Now, I like it.

I have a love-hate relationship with it. It has some very very good songs (Undivided, Hook Me Up, Everyday, Right Side Of Wrong etcc....) but it has some weak ones too and as Crushgen said, it is one of the worst sequenced albums ever.

Not the best BJ album, but not the worst.

RockThunder 05-21-2009 10:49 AM

Some songs are not bad, but in overall one of the albums I often avoid to hear. It's another jump on the trend album. For me those songs are recorded first-take demos and I can't stand the electronic overflow with all the drum machines and effects.

DevilsSon 05-21-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockThunder (Post 921883)
Some songs are not bad, but in overall one of the albums I often avoid to hear. It's another jump on the trend album. For me those songs are recorded first-take demos and I can't stand the electronic overflow with all the drum machines and effects.

Pretty good description. Although some songs are decent, the album itself is CRAP. It's easily the worst Bon Jovi record (including studio, best of, TLFRs etc). Having said that, I still listen to Postcards from The Wasteland and No Regrets quite a bit.

San_jovi 05-21-2009 12:57 PM

All i can say is, better than Crush. More concept, better songwriting, better musicanship, more experimental in the studio. Great album.

severo17 05-21-2009 01:15 PM

Only like Undivided and sometimes Love Me Back To life when I'm in the mood for it. Worst Bon Jovi album for me by far. 7800 Farenheit and the debut one are a lot better.