Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Spice Girls Reunion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41411)

ShaSha 06-28-2007 05:56 PM

Spice Girls Reunion

Led who? THIS is the reunion that matters! I will be there for sure! :D

http://dlisted.com/files/spicegirlsback1.jpg

LONDON (AFP) - Pop group the Spice Girls announced Thursday they are to reform for a world tour, saying "girl power is back and stronger than ever," in a statement posted on their website.

The 1990s all-girl band will play 11 dates around the world in December 2007 and January 2008.

"Hey everybody!! We're back!! Can you believe it!!" the statement, signed by Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm and Emma Bunton, said.

The band are set to start their tour in Los Angeles in the United States on December 7 before heading to Las Vegas, New York, London, Cologne, Madrid, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Cape Town and Buenos Aires.

Los Angeles - December 7
Las Vegas - December 8
New York - December 11
London - December 15
Koln - December 20
Madrid - December 23
Beijing - January 10
Hong Kong - January 12
Sydney - January 17
Cape Town - January 20
Buenos Aires - January 24

Iceman 06-28-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 759463)

Ugh. They only got together for the money. They didn't even originally want to do it, but the management practically forced them to do it.

Ice

Keeper 06-28-2007 06:21 PM

All groups reunite for the money. And they must have seen that Take that is doing well so they thought, 'we can do that too!' Of course Take That are better 8)

Goodness, Victoria looks awful. Her breasts must weigh more than her legs :?

SmirkSteve 06-28-2007 06:26 PM

Is that Princess Fergie in the middle?

(Don't)Lie_to_me 06-28-2007 06:31 PM

Victoria looks good; fake tatties and too thin, but overall: good.
Mel C looks hot.
Emma Bunton looks hot.
Mel B looks great too.

Geri Halliwell looks bloody awful as usual. She can't actually sing either. Lose her and then this is acceptable.

Bounce7800 06-28-2007 07:23 PM

I'll be going just to see Emma Bunton!!:D

I'd been asked by someone to keep an eye out for this for a while!
Its a lottery just to be able to buy tickets, so they may end up being quite expensive, and also looks to be another trip to the O2.

Kathleen 06-28-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha (Post 759463)

Gag me with a spoon LOL

My daughter was a fan at 8 years old. When I told her about the reunion this morning her reaction was pretty much the same as mine - see above ^

Kathleen

ShaSha 06-28-2007 07:43 PM

I already signed up for the ticket lottery thing. Even though it's just for the money and even though they can't sing, they were such a huge part of my youth! Their CD was the first one I ever bought! I have to go!

My friends and I used to dress up as them and tape ourselves performing to their songs. Sadly, as the redhead, I always got stuck being Geri. :rolleyes:

Neurotica80 06-28-2007 07:58 PM

Didnt like them then, (except for maybe when youre in a club and dance to them pissed) and hate them more now. The only decent singer is Mel C, but to me this comeback is all about Posh and her getting fame in LA with David. Oh and look where they are opening their tour - LA.

Why are they playing 3 dates in America and only 1 in the UK, where they are from??? Apart from Wannabe were they really that sucessful in the US???!!! I hope they flop bigtime

Jim Bon Jovi 06-28-2007 08:04 PM

i can see this being a flop.

i actually hope it is. i dont mind bands reforming but this is just about as cynical and contrived as five reforming.

btw they said in the press conference that it wasn;t about the money and i for one believe them :-D