Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recomendations Please (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36642)

Bongo VII 08-07-2006 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
For a bit heavier stuff but still in the same fun-rock direction check EDGUY.

Oh God I love Edguy SO MUCH.

Mark, you want some Edguy, send me a PM. I've got EVERYTHING.

Oh damn. Edguy <3.

{_Warrior_} 08-08-2006 01:43 AM

If you want old stuff check it out all this bands listed above, but if you want some new stuff you should definitely take a look at Gotthard and Edguy, they are ****in good.

Try to get the new Gotthard live album, and from Edguy try to get the new one too, it's a hard n heavy oriented album, different from their famous melodic heavy metal albuns.

I had the chance to go to an Edguy concert here, almost a VIP concert for no more than 400 people. Man, they rocked big time, Tobias (the vocal) has a 80's performance on stage, using bandana and all that crazy things. He said he's still a big Bon Jovi, Kiss, Iron fan.

Bongo VII 08-08-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}
If you want old stuff check it out all this bands listed above, but if you want some new stuff you should definitely take a look at Gotthard and Edguy, they are ****in good.

Try to get the new Gotthard live album, and from Edguy try to get the new one too, it's a hard n heavy oriented album, different from their famous melodic heavy metal albuns.

I had the chance to go to an Edguy concert here, almost a VIP concert for no more than 400 people. Man, they rocked big time, Tobias (the vocal) has a 80's performance on stage, using bandana and all that crazy things. He said he's still a big Bon Jovi, Kiss, Iron fan.

I am so in love with Tobias and Felix. Ohhhh man, yes.

I need to see them live. Seriously.

guitargirrl 08-08-2006 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark
.Simliar bands/Albums to Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet - Keep The Faith Era!)
Please no Guns + Roses or Def Leppard.

.Simliar bands,Albums to Richie Sambora's - Stranger in This Town

Check out two newer artists w/ similar songwriting styles;

Mike Previti- singer/songwriter from Boston
http://www.mikepreviti.com

Switchfoot- great San Diego band
http://www.switchfoot.com

Both groups have great songs and lyrics. Check em out!

DevilsSon 08-08-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Lipservice. Shakira's hit album was called Laundry Service ;)
And yeah, it's pretty nice. Anytime Anywhere and the bonus track (Can't Stop) are my favourites. If you don't have the bonus track, drop me a PM...

yep you are right. It's LIPSERVICE not Laundry Service. Sorry!

DevilsSon 08-08-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}

I had the chance to go as well when they were on tour with Dragonforce. My friends who went met both bands, got backstage(most of them were really hot girls) and had a blast of a time. Well...next tour.

Alphavictim 08-08-2006 04:13 PM

Just wondering: Bongo, are you aware of the Winger reunion?

And hm, maybe I should considering seeing Edguy live some time as well.

Bongo VII 08-08-2006 07:20 PM

Very much aware, sir. And very, very, very excited.

Edguy on Youtube, if anyone wants to check them out:

- they also have a ballad version of this that is just OMG

Peter Mc 08-08-2006 11:49 PM

Axel Rudi Pell is quite Bon Joviesque at times (Amazing guitar player aswell) you should try Oceans Of Time where the singer Jonny Gioelli sounds like a more vocally powerful version of Jon
Also Aldo Nova - Blood On The Bricks is co-written by Jon and is very 80's Bon Jovi sounding.
Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid is similar musically as is Kiss - Crazy Nights.
Dare - Blood From Stone.

I caught the end of EdGuy's set when I went to see DragonForce in London (DragonForce headlined in the UK) and they sounded more like Maiden than Bon Jovi to me. DragonForce are truly amazing though but are not really like Bon Jovi (Apart from the ballads).

{_Warrior_} 08-09-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
and they sounded more like Maiden than Bon Jovi to me. DragonForce are truly amazing though but are not really like Bon Jovi (Apart from the ballads).

Yeah, the "old" Edguy, the new one is in a real transition to hard rock