Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recomendations Please (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36642)

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 08-04-2006 12:04 AM

Recomendations Please

.Simliar bands/Albums to Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet - Keep The Faith Era!)
Please no Guns + Roses or Def Leppard.

.Simliar bands,Albums to Richie Sambora's - Stranger in This Town

Alphavictim 08-04-2006 12:07 AM

Europe - The Final Countdown (1986), Out Of This World (1988), Prisoners In Paradise (1991)
Skid Row - Skid Row (1989)

DevilsSon 08-04-2006 01:09 AM

download the 2 CASH songs that I posted on this forum and tell me what you think. I'll upload the whole album later.

Van Halen - 1984
Alice Cooper - Trash
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In
Warrant - anything
Firehouse - anything
Bad English - anything(although I think they only have one records or 2)
oh...the lsit could go on and on
if you want a different voice check Cinderella

about SAMBORA - I can't think of any album that sounds even close. His voice is just unique. As guitar playing - Eric Clapton or Johnny Winter

yomamasofat 08-04-2006 06:50 AM

Check these bands: Gotthard and Harem Scarem

DevilsSon 08-04-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
Check these bands: Gotthard and Harem Scarem

Gotthard's last, Laundry Service I think it's called, is just AMAZING. One of the best hard rock albums I heard lately. Also, for some fun, check WIG WAM from Norway. They were together on tour last fall. Really nice band. For a bit heavier stuff but still in the same fun-rock direction check EDGUY.

wolfgang 08-04-2006 07:36 PM

As far as new bands go that sound remotely like that, check out Silvertide

Alphavictim 08-04-2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Gotthard's last, Laundry Service I think it's called, is just AMAZING. One of the best hard rock albums I heard lately.
Lipservice. Shakira's hit album was called Laundry Service ;)
And yeah, it's pretty nice. Anytime Anywhere and the bonus track (Can't Stop) are my favourites. If you don't have the bonus track, drop me a PM...

Quote:

For a bit heavier stuff but still in the same fun-rock direction check EDGUY.
...and be sure to get the newest album, because it just oozes 80s rock.

Other recommendations:

80s-era Kiss (Lick It Up - Hot In The Shade)
80s Aerosmith (Permanent Vacation & Pump)
Ratt (sounds a lot like the first 2 BJ records)
Dokken
And the best album of the year so far... Hardcore Superstar - Hardcore Superstar

Arash 08-05-2006 12:51 AM

Motley Crue?

Mr Bluesman 08-05-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgang
As far as new bands go that sound remotely like that, check out Silvertide

Good call.

Same goes for Cinderella, they're often over looked when people discuss bands of this genre. They're ace.

Check out Whitesnake, namely 1987.
And The Cult are always worth a go; try Sonic Temple.

SamboraQueen21 08-07-2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
Same goes for Cinderella, they're often over looked when people discuss bands of this genre. They're ace.

They sure are. Love Cinderella!

Bongo VII 08-07-2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
For a bit heavier stuff but still in the same fun-rock direction check EDGUY.

Oh God I love Edguy SO MUCH.

Mark, you want some Edguy, send me a PM. I've got EVERYTHING.

Oh damn. Edguy <3.

{_Warrior_} 08-08-2006 02:43 AM

If you want old stuff check it out all this bands listed above, but if you want some new stuff you should definitely take a look at Gotthard and Edguy, they are ****in good.

Try to get the new Gotthard live album, and from Edguy try to get the new one too, it's a hard n heavy oriented album, different from their famous melodic heavy metal albuns.

I had the chance to go to an Edguy concert here, almost a VIP concert for no more than 400 people. Man, they rocked big time, Tobias (the vocal) has a 80's performance on stage, using bandana and all that crazy things. He said he's still a big Bon Jovi, Kiss, Iron fan.

Bongo VII 08-08-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}
If you want old stuff check it out all this bands listed above, but if you want some new stuff you should definitely take a look at Gotthard and Edguy, they are ****in good.

Try to get the new Gotthard live album, and from Edguy try to get the new one too, it's a hard n heavy oriented album, different from their famous melodic heavy metal albuns.

I had the chance to go to an Edguy concert here, almost a VIP concert for no more than 400 people. Man, they rocked big time, Tobias (the vocal) has a 80's performance on stage, using bandana and all that crazy things. He said he's still a big Bon Jovi, Kiss, Iron fan.

I am so in love with Tobias and Felix. Ohhhh man, yes.

I need to see them live. Seriously.

guitargirrl 08-08-2006 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark
.Simliar bands/Albums to Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet - Keep The Faith Era!)
Please no Guns + Roses or Def Leppard.

.Simliar bands,Albums to Richie Sambora's - Stranger in This Town

Check out two newer artists w/ similar songwriting styles;

Mike Previti- singer/songwriter from Boston
http://www.mikepreviti.com

Switchfoot- great San Diego band
http://www.switchfoot.com

Both groups have great songs and lyrics. Check em out!

DevilsSon 08-08-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
Lipservice. Shakira's hit album was called Laundry Service ;)
And yeah, it's pretty nice. Anytime Anywhere and the bonus track (Can't Stop) are my favourites. If you don't have the bonus track, drop me a PM...

yep you are right. It's LIPSERVICE not Laundry Service. Sorry!

DevilsSon 08-08-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {_Warrior_}

I had the chance to go as well when they were on tour with Dragonforce. My friends who went met both bands, got backstage(most of them were really hot girls) and had a blast of a time. Well...next tour.

Alphavictim 08-08-2006 05:13 PM

Just wondering: Bongo, are you aware of the Winger reunion?

And hm, maybe I should considering seeing Edguy live some time as well.

Bongo VII 08-08-2006 08:20 PM

Very much aware, sir. And very, very, very excited.

Edguy on Youtube, if anyone wants to check them out:

- they also have a ballad version of this that is just OMG

Peter Mc 08-09-2006 12:49 AM

Axel Rudi Pell is quite Bon Joviesque at times (Amazing guitar player aswell) you should try Oceans Of Time where the singer Jonny Gioelli sounds like a more vocally powerful version of Jon
Also Aldo Nova - Blood On The Bricks is co-written by Jon and is very 80's Bon Jovi sounding.
Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid is similar musically as is Kiss - Crazy Nights.
Dare - Blood From Stone.

I caught the end of EdGuy's set when I went to see DragonForce in London (DragonForce headlined in the UK) and they sounded more like Maiden than Bon Jovi to me. DragonForce are truly amazing though but are not really like Bon Jovi (Apart from the ballads).

{_Warrior_} 08-09-2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
and they sounded more like Maiden than Bon Jovi to me. DragonForce are truly amazing though but are not really like Bon Jovi (Apart from the ballads).

Yeah, the "old" Edguy, the new one is in a real transition to hard rock

{_Warrior_} 08-09-2006 02:36 AM

This is from the Tobias' metal ophera project called Avantasia, a duet with André Mattos (Shaman/ex-Angra)

dcj 08-17-2006 06:48 PM

recommondations

Tyketto:don,t Come Easy
House Of Lords:world Upside Down
Danny Tate:danny Tate
Aldo Nova:twitch
Little Caesar:little Caesar
Paul Stanley 1st Solo Album

Theres Loads More But Cant Think Of Them At The Mo!

DaveyShoes 08-17-2006 07:30 PM

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy, as the previous poster mentioned, would be top of my list too....their second record Strength in Numbers aint too shabby either.
Tyketto frontman Danny Vaughn also released two albums cunder the name Vaughn - Soldiers and Sailors on Riverside and Fearless. Excellent albums.
Check out the website www.vaughn.de for more details.

dcj 08-19-2006 01:12 AM

Recommendations

In The Day When Kerrang Was,n,t A Drug Glorifying Teeny Skateboard Mag Every Other Aor/melodic Rock Band Would Be Likened To Bon Jovi.no-one Really Got To Their Standard Imo But There Used To Be Loads Of Great Albums Brought Out By Groups Such As Danger Danger.problem Is They Don,t Stand The Test Of Time Like Nj Or Sww .theres Still A Good Melodic Rock Scene Going On,check Out Melodic Rock.com For More Info.also If You Get The Chance Go And See Y&t On Their Sept/oct Tour.a True Classic Rock Band.