Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Captain_jovi 07-04-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256595)
Didn't they actually audition a few and Jon was tired by the auditioning process, so Shanks kept begging him to add him to the line-up? I vaguely remember one interview where Jon said that (something along the lines of Shanks saying: "just take me, I know all these songs anyway").

I wonder if that's true. I'm back and forth with a chicken and the egg thing. Was Matt always supposed to do just that one tour or did Shanks's involvement live change that.

Who was that guitar player that claimed he was going to replace Phil, that might shed some light on the timeline.

bonjovi90 07-04-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1256598)
I wonder if that's true. I'm back and forth with a chicken and the egg thing. Was Matt always supposed to do just that one tour or did Shanks's involvement live change that.

Who was that guitar player that claimed he was going to replace Phil, that might shed some light on the timeline.

Matt was originally supposed to step in for Bobby in 2015, I think it was after Bobby officially went AWOL (somewhere in 2016) that they really had to consider how to specify the lineup.

Captain_jovi 07-04-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256601)
Matt was originally supposed to step in for Bobby in 2015, I think it was after Bobby officially went AWOL (somewhere in 2016) that they really had to consider how to specify the lineup.

I'm trying to find a thread about a guitarist who claims they didn't know if Phil was going to continue. His wording made it sound like it was after WAN but I can't recall. I wonder at what point Shanks joined and if the "auditions" were the ones involving this guy.

Jovi98 07-04-2019 06:15 PM

According to you… Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning is really an outtake from The Circle album ?

Jon said in an interview in 2015 that the song had 8/10 years old… ,so maybe the song is from the Lost Highway session 2006/7.

Instead Wikipedia and also the radio conductors when the song came out they said that the song was an outtake from The Circle album.

JackieBlue 07-04-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1256604)
I'm trying to find a thread about a guitarist who claims they didn't know if Phil was going to continue. His wording made it sound like it was after WAN but I can't recall. I wonder at what point Shanks joined and if the "auditions" were the ones involving this guy.

If we're thinking about the same one, the discussion starts here, with post #36:

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...245/page4.html

richiefan95 07-04-2019 07:04 PM

Another Topic.
Does anyone think something special will happen next week at Richie's 60th birthday or will he keep that completely quiet.
At an interview this year he implied that his new album is about his life and I thought it would be a good idea to release maybe a song or some information about the album around his birthday but it looks nothing is going to happen.

ticos_stick 07-04-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1256616)
Another Topic.
Does anyone think something special will happen next week at Richie's 60th birthday or will he keep that completely quiet.
At an interview this year he implied that his new album is about his life and I thought it would be a good idea to release maybe a song or some information about the album around his birthday but it looks nothing is going to happen.

Christ, 60 years old.

Time be a bitch!

bonjovi90 07-04-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1256612)
According to you… Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning is really an outtake from The Circle album ?

Jon said in an interview in 2015 that the song had 8/10 years old… ,so maybe the song is from the Lost Highway session 2006/7.

Instead Wikipedia and also the radio conductors when the song came out they said that the song was an outtake from The Circle album.

Jon said that "some of the song on BB were up to ten years old" and I'm pretty sure he at some point specified that this was Blind Love.
There was a torrent with a number of demo tracks for TC online (though I'm not sure it ever worked) and the title Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning was in there.
Since the song basically is a carbon copy of Nickelback's "Gotta Be Somebody", I think it's fair to assume it was from the Circle sessions and not used because of this.

Jovi98 07-04-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1256621)
Jon said that "some of the song on BB were up to ten years old" and I'm pretty sure he at some point specified that this was Blind Love.
There was a torrent with a number of demo tracks for TC online (though I'm not sure it ever worked) and the title Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning was in there.
Since the song basically is a carbon copy of Nickelback's "Gotta Be Somebody", I think it's fair to assume it was from the Circle sessions and not used because of this.

Ah thanks :), so the outtakes from TC on BB are : Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning , Who Would You Die For , I'm Your Man and more probably Fingerprints i think.

Captain_jovi 07-04-2019 09:31 PM

I don't think it was ever revealed that's where Who Would You Die For and I'm Your Man came from, was there? Where did you see that?