Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

KeepTheFaith2211 06-16-2019 12:22 PM

This band is at their best when they rock. Keep The Faith, Hey God, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Good Guys Don’t Always Wear White, Damned, All I Want Is Everything.

DestinationJovi 06-30-2019 09:30 PM

My god. No one posts more photos of themselves playing on stage than John f*cking Shanks. He literally acts like a kid who won a contest to play with Bon Jovi. He's constantly posting new IG stories. Like, you're on a break dude. The band is on a break. Unplug for a minute. Geez

faith1985 06-30-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1256466)
My god. No one posts more photos of themselves playing on stage than John f*cking Shanks. He literally acts like a kid who won a contest to play with Bon Jovi. He's constantly posting new IG stories. Like, you're on a break dude. The band is on a break. Unplug for a minute. Geez

He seriously cannot play guitar or maybe he just cannot play live. He really ruined so many songs at Wembley. It is not even funny.

bonjovi90 06-30-2019 10:33 PM

That's been my point for quite a while. He can't bring it live on stage and, in this case, you have no place in a band of that talent.
Sure, now people may come up with "he's a good producer, that solo XY was good on the record". All valid points. If you have tons of time to develop one and God knows how many tries to have it fitting, yes. But live is a different animal. He may be good at the first, he isn't good at performing it.
Just the opposite of Alec back in the day.

YOVANAfromPeru 06-30-2019 11:49 PM

JBJ is Shanks’ “mentor” in his own words
and in JBJ words too, Shanks in tour is “on the guitar and the background vocals”
And remember they are working on the new album while touring
However, I prefer Shanks’ guitar and background vocals over Phil...

bonjovi90 07-01-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1256469)
JBJ is Shanks’ “mentor” in his own words
and in JBJ words too, Shanks in tour is “on the guitar and the background vocals”
And remember they are working on the new album while touring
However, I prefer Shanks’ guitar and background vocals over Phil...

I don't care about him being his mentor. Lou Cox or Katie Agresta weren't on stage with the band either.

I like some of his studio work (though interestingly mostly outside of Bon Jovi), but he's yet to deliver on stage why he's there. I'm not always a fan of Phil X's style either, but if you're give lead guitar solos, then at least try to do them some justice.

DestinationJovi 07-01-2019 01:13 AM

11 hours ago. They have been on a break for 7 days but this guy is currently posting old pics of himself playing on stage while the rest of the band is either posting pics of themselves on vacation or posting nothing at all and just enjoying their time off. This is his literal dream come true. It's like he can't believe his luck so he keeps posting old pics to remind himself and everyone else that he plays in Bon Jovi. It's really quite sad.

http://i67.tinypic.com/zxuvsj.jpg

YOVANAfromPeru 07-01-2019 03:59 AM

No, I didn’t mean “Professional, as well as spiritual wide guides, in the form of my angels”
I meant the other way, Shanks has said JBJ is his mentor, friend, leader...
About his solos... I still prefer Bobby’s solo in Have A Nice Day
And Matt O’Ree with Shanks would be interesting

How about Phil X selling his album to Bon Jovi fans? >_< jajajaj
I mean it’s all about Bon Jovi but they all have big egos, however I’m personally not interested in their other works, and about their personalities they are weird lol but I find Shanks nicest than Phil, that’s my impression

MrIks from Finland 07-01-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1256467)
He seriously cannot play guitar or maybe he just cannot play live. He really ruined so many songs at Wembley. It is not even funny.

Which songs did he ruin? There is a video of the whole show on youtube. Would be nice to see.

Captain Walrus 07-01-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1256471)
11 hours ago. They have been on a break for 7 days but this guy is currently posting old pics of himself playing on stage while the rest of the band is either posting pics of themselves on vacation or posting nothing at all and just enjoying their time off. This is his literal dream come true. It's like he can't believe his luck so he keeps posting old pics to remind himself and everyone else that he plays in Bon Jovi. It's really quite sad.

http://i67.tinypic.com/zxuvsj.jpg

I mean, I'm not particular fan of the guy, but it's "really quite sad" that he's enjoying "his literal dream come true?"