Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stereophonics New cd - any comments yet? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13826)

Stay Human 07-09-2003 09:39 AM

Stereophonics New cd - any comments yet?

I don't have the cd, but I downloaded the song Maybe Tomorrow... and it is Excellent...

Just wondering if anyone else has this song and/or the cd?

What are your opinions?

Nige 07-09-2003 11:06 AM

I've got it - it's much better than their previous album (Just Enough Education To Perform) but it's all a bit Led Zepellin-y at times, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Best track for me is 'Since I Told You It's Over'.

Jim Bon Jovi 07-10-2003 02:55 AM

my girlfriends got it and i don't like it. some of the stuffs quite good but the production on it's balls, kelly should stick to the writing and let the engineer and a real producer do their job.

Yvonne 07-10-2003 03:21 AM

I've read reviews that say it isnt as good as Just enough education to perform. I havent got it and judging by the first 2 singles i wont be getting it.

Jim Bon Jovi 07-10-2003 03:55 AM

considering it's came from the guys that wrote local boy in the photograph and t shirt suntan ur just left thinking wheres the chorus and hook.

the stereophonics now is really just an excuse for kelly jones to record and release crap.

i noticed he's the sole songwritier now whereas before cable and jones(bassist) got credits.

i thought this was for money's sake with regards to them not fallign out over royalties but if they did actually write anything before i suggest they start helping out again cos theyve got to the stage where they would never be signed if they weren't already.

Stay Human 07-10-2003 01:59 PM

BOught the cd..

BOught the cd, its good, not a classic, but I'm glad I bought it, very heartfelt... emotional....

Daleo 07-11-2003 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I've read reviews that say it isnt as good as Just enough education to perform. I havent got it and judging by the first 2 singles i wont be getting it.

It ISNT as good? Not on my shopping list then :shock: I bought JEEP after a mate recommended it to me, what a waste of £12 :(

Daleo

Yvonne 07-11-2003 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daleo
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne

It ISNT as good? Not on my shopping list then :shock: I bought JEEP after a mate recommended it to me, what a waste of £12 :(

Daleo

I like JEEP, it has some good songs. But yeah reviews from Q and radio 1 werent too good.

Neurotica80 07-11-2003 03:43 PM

Someone got me it for my birthday. Its not a patch on their first two albums, and i find it a bit too mellow for my liking. There are a couple of decents songs on there though. Im going to see them in November so im hoping they dont play too many songs of this album

joviscout 07-12-2003 03:02 AM

not impressed with there current single its dire!. There older stuff is good but this new album sounds awful :?