Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   So I saw Def Leppard the other night...... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53226)

danfan 07-04-2011 11:46 AM

So I saw Def Leppard the other night......

I've seen them probably a dozen or so times in the past. Always been one of my favorite groups. A few notes from the show:

1.They sounded EXACTLY like they do on Mirrorball. Since when does Joe Elliot sound so good live? Either it was playback, or this is the tightest band I've ever seen.

2.Sav - It's not 1987 anymore dude. Lose the do.

3.Phil - Put a damn shirt on, spit out the gum, and stop prancing around like you're a God.

4.Maybe I'm just getting old, but they need new sound techs. It was like listening to the loudest radio possible with the treble turned up to the highest level possible. My ears are still ringing.

5.Richie and Hugh could learn a thing or 2 from Sav, Vivian and Phil in terms of utilizing the entire stage.

FTR, Heart opened up. I've always been a fan but never seen them live. They were fantastic. Sounded great, and let's face it, Nancy Wilson is one of the sexiest rock chics ever.

sambos apprentice 07-04-2011 03:07 PM

twice i've walked out on def leppard.

Joe elliot is a dreadful frontman.

dcj28 07-04-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1063092)
I've seen them probably a dozen or so times in the past. Always been one of my favorite groups. A few notes from the show:

2.Sav - It's not 1987 anymore dude. Lose the do.

Its like the next 2 decades havent come yet with Rick Savage.

danfan 07-05-2011 12:00 AM

I gotta find out if they're really playing or not on this tour. I've seen them many times. Sometimes, Joe is OK. Others, he's awful. He sounded just too perfect thia time.

SamboraQueen21 07-05-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1063092)
3.Phil - Put a damn shirt on, spit out the gum, and stop prancing around like you're a God.

haha i saw them a few years and both Phil AND Vivian were prancing around sans shirts....i was like ugh! pale, white, pasty, aging rockers do not need to be shirtless on stage lol

Miracle 07-05-2011 05:02 AM

They are playing in Toronto in August. I was thinking of going. Definitely want to see Heart.

Captain_jovi 07-05-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle (Post 1063208)
They are playing in Toronto in August. I was thinking of going. Definitely want to see Heart.

I wanna go, mainly to see Def Lep. You thinking what I'm thinking?

danfan 07-06-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1063254)
I wanna go, mainly to see Def Lep. You thinking what I'm thinking?

Bring ear plugs.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 07-06-2011 06:14 PM

Def Lep and Heart are touring Oz later this year. Saw Def Lep in 2008, I enjoyed it (and Joe sounded ok) but I'm undecided on whether I'd go again.

danfan 07-06-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1063336)
Def Lep and Heart are touring Oz later this year. Saw Def Lep in 2008, I enjoyed it (and Joe sounded ok) but I'm undecided on whether I'd go again.

Heart was worth it. Their set was great. From what I recall:

Never
What About Love
These Dreams
Alone
You're The Voice
Barracuda
Magic Man
WTF
Crazy On You

Couple others I didn't know.