Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 10-30-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1246499)
Fair enough, you got me here.

My second post was aimed at baiting Azza into revealing more information that he's no supposedly so secretive about.

Sorry I snatched the bait. ;)

(Not sure it would have worked anyway; he's pretty close-mouthed on the subject. But nice try!)

† ÀžžÀ † 10-30-2018 11:43 PM

When I shared some of the initial information I was given (way back when all this broke) I was warned off disclosing much more by fellow users on this very forum...

JackieBlue 10-30-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1246503)
When I shared some of the initial information I was given (way back when all this broke) I was warned off disclosing much more by fellow users on this very forum...

I'm not asking you to disclose anything that you're not comfortable disclosing; but a question occurred to me.

Is your source someone who knows what happened first-hand, for him- or herself? Or is s/he someone who is just close enough to have gotten the information directly from Richie, Jon, or someone in one camp or the other? Like a trickle down, say to a crew member or someone...

† ÀžžÀ † 10-30-2018 11:59 PM

I wouldn’t call this person a source as it makes me sound like some sort of investigative journalist!

I can say they’ve met both Jon and Richie but not so many times as to be considered a friend, their information didn’t come from either of them.

Remember however I said in 2013 they’d told me Richie wouldn’t be back. So it proved.

JackieBlue 10-31-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1246506)
I wouldn’t call this person a source as it makes me sound like some sort of investigative journalist!...

Sorry? :)

Thanks for the info. Not that I doubt your word, or theirs; but I'm still hoping there's a "so far" hiding out there, somewhere after "So it proved..."

"Cuts can heal; scars can fade..."

YOVANAfromPeru 10-31-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246400)
It's not only about JBJ... he just made in NY the announcement of Europe with David... hihih

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ml#post1246508

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1246475)
Richie had every intention of returning. He was prevented from doing so.

Maybe for JBJ good intention would be no more of his "habits" (only because "habits" seems the word of the week...)

DestinationJovi 10-31-2018 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246225)
Then I wonder why it is that Jon still seems to be coming up with every word under the sun to keep from calling it what it is. Why is it, when he's asked flat out if alcohol or drugs is the "issue", he deflects instead of confirming it? It's not like it's out of any noble concern for Richie's privacy; because he crossed that line a long time ago. He's done everything BUT say it; so why all the euphemisms if it's that clear cut and Jon wouldn't put his own ass in a sling if he said it point blank?

Do you honestly think Jon and David would each say (more than once) that Richie's "habits," "drug addiction," and "demons" are the reason if it wasn't? Why do you need for them specially say something like 'Richie partied his ass off drinking booze and doing drugs during the two week break and he was too hammered to get on a plane for the show' for you to believe them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1246225)
EDIT TO ADD: I find it hard to believe that more people don't question Jon's statement that Richie quit at 3:00 on show day, period. Phil-X and Jon have both made comments that shoot holes in that story. But I agree with you that IF Richie's departure was that abrupt, there must have been some catalyst. And it's true that the catalyst could have been that Richie conveniently fell off the wagon just long enough, and at exactly the right time, to miss the show. But if people can be objective enough to think beyond Jon's transparent attempts to re-focus everyone on Richie's addictions again, they might realize that it's also true that the catalyst could have been something else entirely.

Something else entirely like suddenly wanting to stay home with his 16 year old kid? Or not wanting to be on another <insert invented number of shows/countries> tour anymore? Or not liking the direction of the band's music and suddenly deciding to quit mid-tour to be a solo artist and jam with fabric on the side? Or just being sick of Jon's shit? Then explain why a just month later he had already started talking to the press about hoping and planning to rejoin the band on tour.

May 2013

"I would love to be in London for the Hyde Park Bon Jovi show on the July 5th… Let's see what happens."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbi...departure.html

June 2013

"So this tour, we can say, you won't be on it."

"No, that's not true. Not true."

Richie later tweeted:

Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...

https://twitter.com/therealsambora/s...025972736?s=21

June 2013

"We rely on each other and I think that's it,' he said. 'It'll all work out in the end."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-tour-him.html

July 2013

"Things are coming together."

"Is it going to be resolved?"

"Of course it is. It has to."

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VbQun_ZU...ature=youtu.be

JackieBlue 10-31-2018 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246464)
...Richie has never disputed that it was his decision not to turn up. If Jon had effectively fired him then why not say so? ... I believe it should be the person who took the action who explains it and Richie never really has.

From what he said in Chicago, I don't think he ever will. The closest he ever got to anything about being fired was "Jon's making it difficult for me to come back." And recently, when he was asked if there's a backstory, he said, "Yeah, but I'm not going there. I have more class than that."

IMO, he's done explaining; because 1) he seems to truly believe in not airing dirty laundry, 2) he knows it would be "he said/he said" and most fans would take Jon's word, anyway; 3) people believe what they want to believe; and in "Lighthouse", he wrote: "those that judge don't matter, and those that matter don't judge."

Yes, it seems he left on his own; so that puts the onus on him, regardless. That's why I said, from the start, that he must have had a very good reason because, as you say, he knows Jon (and the business) better than we do. If I knew that Jon wouldn't stop the tour or forgive easily, and that a lot of fans would turn on him, you know he knew it. IF he was drunk, stoned, strung out... whatever... that goes out the window; but I haven't seen anything yet to convince me of that. So I'm still going with "a good reason." Even if I never know what it is. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246464)
...Yes same person...

I thought it was you. It's a distinctive name, and whether we agreed or not, your posts were always well thought out.

(I hate passwords! Once, I actually used "IHatePasswords". Then forgot what website it was for.):)

Rdkopper 10-31-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1246222)
New interview with Jon, where he outright says Richie's "habits" are why he didn't show up that day.

I really can't believe after all this time and after so much writing on the wall that some still actually think Richie quit at 3:00 on a show day because he didn't like the musical direction of the band anymore. Give me a break.

He's an addict. His addictions are the reason he didn't show up. Wake up.

I need to jump on this:

So yes, Jon came off bitter during that interview... Why? Who knows. Maybe the lady bringing up his hair and calling it the frizz threw him off or maybe it was something else...

I think him calling Kim out had to do with her and Kanye being Trump supporters... Was it intentionally done or did the moment just present itself? Not sure... He's bitched about this stuff before so maybe the moment to take the shot just presented itself! Or were there other intentions?

As far as Jon calling out Richie, I think he's just ready to come clean about it... He kinda went there on Howard but sure, five years later, it's time...

In the beginning there was a some uncertainty so Jon just left that part out. Don't forget, Richie's been abusing his entire life since the 80s but just had it more under control...

It's five years later, Richie's done some Bon Jovi basing on his own, they both come to terms of moving in different directions and that's it... I'm sure Jon's hearing some of the speculation rumors about Richie leaving because Jon was being too controlling or Jon being a dictator with the musical direction... Jon's probably like, F it!!! I'm coming clean...

Now, was Jon trying to create some buzz to promote his ticket sales in Europe? It's very possible. Or was it just pure coincidental? That's possible too...

Not sure..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 10-31-2018 11:45 AM

yeah, it’s not the first time that JBJ speaks publicly about the Kardashians, many years ago he talked about it almost with the same words... he’s always saying this kind of things, like with JLo, Steve Jobs, Madonna, Justin Beiber, etc.