Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70867)

PanosBonJovi 02-23-2023 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1284236)
Oh I'm not implying it's better with Everett or I prefer him over Richie. I just don't understand the constant rhetoric that having Richie there will allow Jon to relax. If Richie being gone is the reason Jon can't relax enough to sing a) that's insane and b) He would have been back years ago.

I'm not trying to poop on parades, the 2018 rock hall performance was great for nostalgia warm fuzzy feelings but as far as quality goes? Not great. and that was almost five years ago. Neither J or R were at their best for that show, is it sustainable for a whole tour?

EDIT: Is Everett on tour with Bruce this year? I didn't realize he was part of the touring lineup and can't find much mention of it online (which doesn't mean much, obviously, just curious)

I'm pretty sure that I read his name on the E Street musicians but I might be wrong or something might have changed

Captain_jovi 02-23-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284237)

Not really. There are clearly other issues between Jon and Richie that needed to be worked out first. Maybe still do. Also Everett wil be much cheaper than Richie ;)

I'm sure there were other issues. Im moreso bucking against the idea that he cant sing because Richie's not there. That's a massive thing to not be able to do and if it were the reason why, that shit would have been worked out otherwise it's self-sabotage.

Thinny 02-23-2023 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1284240)
I'm sure there were other issues. Im moreso bucking against the idea that he cant sing because Richie's not there. That's a massive thing to not be able to do and if it were the reason why, that shit would have been worked out otherwise it's self-sabotage.

Haha yes that theory was ridiculous! Along with the one that there is nothing physically wrong with his voice, it's all mental. Yeah, sure...

bonjovi90 02-23-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1284239)
I'm pretty sure that I read his name on the E Street musicians but I might be wrong or something might have changed

I'm a bigger Bon Jovi fan than Bruce (overall catalogue, in terms of live shows I'd prefer watching the latter these days), but I think Everett would have much more fun touring with the E-street band than he'd have with Bon Jovi (both in terms of musical variety and of what he hears in his monitors) :mrgreen:

PanosBonJovi 02-23-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1284240)

I don't think anyone said that Jon can't sing cause of Richie being absent. Although in an interview Jon implied that the state of his voice was heavily effected by Richie leaving the band due to... stress.

All I said was that Richie could and used to cover up Jon's weaknesses.

Everett used to tour with Bruce in 2012-2014. I was almost certain I read that he was to join the ESB for the current tour but I guess it either didn't happen or my memory betrayed me :D

Captain_jovi 02-23-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1284243)
I don't think anyone said that Jon can't sing cause of Richie being absent. Although in an interview Jon implied that the state of his voice was heavily effected by Richie leaving the band due to... stress.

All I said was that Richie could and used to cover up Jon's weaknesses.

Everett used to tour with Bruce in 2012-2014. I was almost certain I read that he was to join the ESB for the current tour but I guess it either didn't happen or my memory betrayed me :D

Sorry, I wasn't attacking you or saying it was your theory, its just some theory people had here and elsewhere that it was mostly a psychological issue and people scapegoated Richie for being the issue of Jon's issues. Wild stuff.

kleman 02-24-2023 07:31 AM

Bradley was part of E-Street band but not on this tour.

JackieBlue 02-24-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1284243)
I don't think anyone said that Jon can't sing cause of Richie being absent....

Jon did.

If I recall, his exact words were, "I couldn't even sing in the shower..." :D

JackieBlue 02-25-2023 12:01 AM

Question

According to their website, Hipgnosis bought 100% of Richie's catalogue. Their overview on the artist page includes songs he wrote (read: co-wrote) for Bon Jovi, as well as his solo songs, and songs he wrote that were recorded by others, like Cher, Jennifer Nettles, etc.

There's also a link to a Spotify playlist titled "Richie Sambora Catalogue", which I thought was cool, thinking it would have all the songs Richie wrote in one place. But after scrolling thru the playlist, all the songs seem to be songs written by Jon and Richie or songs the two of them wrote with others, both for Bon Jovi as well other artists, like those mentioned above, to record. And that's it.

So I have a question for those of you who know way more about the business side of the music business than I do.

Can anyone think of a good reason why Hipgnosis would bother to create a "Richie Sambora Catalogue" playlist that includes songs that Richie co-wrote with Jon (or with Jon and others) but excludes all of Richie's solo songs and songs he wrote with people other than Jon?

I'm baffled.:confused:

Here's a link to the Hipgnosis webpage. If you click on the Spotify icon, it'll take you to the playlist.

https://www.hipgnosissongs.com/song-...ichie-sambora/

JerseyGiant 02-25-2023 11:57 AM

So all those promotion appearances where wasted then?