Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Inbetweeners (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46950)

KeepTheFaith2211 11-23-2008 08:33 PM

The Inbetweeners

Has anyone seen this show before?

It's absolutely brilliant. It's very realistic yet can make you cringe and laugh every minute of each episode. I got the first series on DVD for my birthday yesterday and it is simply fantastic! :D

Dave 1986 11-24-2008 04:36 PM

I watched an episode of it when it was on E4 earlier this year and thought it was one of the funniest things I'd seen on TV in a long time. Only ever saw that one episode though. May get the DVD.

Thomas Anderson 11-24-2008 04:47 PM

I watched it on E4 too and thought that it was very good. It definitely made me cringe quite a lot, but to me that can be the mark of a good show. It was all very silly, but I suppose that teenage boys do get up to all kinds, so it could be realistic in some ways to that extent.

KeepTheFaith2211 11-25-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 890671)
I watched it on E4 too and thought that it was very good. It definitely made me cringe quite a lot, but to me that can be the mark of a good show. It was all very silly, but I suppose that teenage boys do get up to all kinds, so it could be realistic in some ways to that extent.

Completely agree! I've been watching it a lot but my mam thinks it's in very poor taste. :p

Dave 1986 12-21-2018 10:27 PM

The Inbetweeners: Fwends Reunited is a documentary airing New Years Day 2019 on Channel 4 celebrating 10 years of the show.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...-a4020481.html

liljovi93 02-17-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1249718)
The Inbetweeners: Fwends Reunited is a documentary airing New Years Day 2019 on Channel 4 celebrating 10 years of the show.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...-a4020481.html

Did anyone watch this by the way? It was soooo bad!

The best part was when the 4 lads went round in the car and to the school. That's how it should have been. Going back to various places the show was filmed in and talking about them episodes.

Jimmy Carr (I don't like anyway but know a lot of people that do) just wanted to make the show about him as usual. James Buckley was actually telling a decent story and he just rudely interrupted and asked them to fit each other in a suitcase.

I also thought the rest of the cast didn't need to be there. Pretending that 'Wills mum' was actually his mum all night was pathetic.

I listened to James Buckley's podcast the other week and he really didn't like it. He was apologizing like mad and was saying that he got the phone call and didn't ask what the 'reunion' was as he thought it would just be the 4 lads talking about the show and visiting places (he thought it couldn't go wrong) but said he came home that evening really upset because he felt how bad it was when filming and wishes he spoke up at the time because it was broadcast live. He then said for the past 12-18 months, he'd been wanting to do another film with them but this finalized his idea of not doing one because of the negative feedback this show got.

I was really disappointed. Once I seen Jimmy Carr hosting, I knew it wouldn't be as good as expected. Greg Davies should have been hosting it. He put Jimmy Carr to shame whenever he was on.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Dave 1986 02-17-2019 01:58 PM

I never got round to watching it in the end. I heard about the negative reaction to it but I though that was largely due to people going into it thinking it was going to be a brand new episode (?!) rather than a documentary. Even though it was clearly stated that was the case.

I like Jimmy Carr but you’re right, Greg Davies would have been a better choice for obvious reasons. I may or may not watch it now.

liljovi93 02-17-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1251013)
I never got round to watching it in the end. I heard about the negative reaction to it but I though that was largely due to people going into it thinking it was going to be a brand new episode (?!) rather than a documentary. Even though it was clearly stated that was the case.

I like Jimmy Carr but you’re right, Greg Davies would have been a better choice for obvious reasons. I may or may not watch it now.

Yeah, I read it was a catch up with interviews etc so didn't expect a new episode.

It was bad, though. Really flat, the lads looked so bored.

Again, James Buckley actually said he didn't know how to act. Was he meant to act like Jay because they had stickers on with names of the characters they played or was he meant to be himself. He thought he acted a tit when he wasn't himself but didn't want to come across 'normal' either. It was just a shambles.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk