Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fields Of Fire - Studio Track -Recorded on KTF or TD sessions?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70963)

Supersonic 09-26-2022 07:25 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1282822)
why not share with us, mere mortals?

Because she's spend money on it and she'd rather let everyone know she's got something exclusive in the hope people will send her messages with other exclusive stuff to trade.

The real collectors don't share what's out there. There's a reason why Mona Lisa hasn't leaked to the public. Once you'll let someone know you've got something rare loads of entitled people will start sending you messages claiming you should share it with them.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

cqleonardo 10-03-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1282823)
Aloha !

Because she's spend money on it and she'd rather let everyone know she's got something exclusive in the hope people will send her messages with other exclusive stuff to trade.

The real collectors don't share what's out there. There's a reason why Mona Lisa hasn't leaked to the public. Once you'll let someone know you've got something rare loads of entitled people will start sending you messages claiming you should share it with them.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

real collectors are crazy people, totally get that the person spent money on the stuff and wants more rare stuff to trade but, especially nowadays, its very hard to get new stuff that isn't out there.... you collect a bunch of files on a hard drive that people all around the world wanna listen, what if you die? your entire family has generations of Jovi fanatics that gonna keep going this business? i don't think so. every single thing I ever got my hands on it, I shared. never kept anything to myself, the fun thing about being in this fandom is knowing that people like the same stuff as I do and makes them happy what makes me happy

YOVANAfromPeru 10-03-2022 04:50 PM

David Bryan's lawyers told me to not share

Lak 10-09-2022 03:50 PM

I have Fields of Fire on a UK These Days 2 CD special edition. On the inner flap of this it lists the bonus tracks on the second CD and states by Field of Fire 'Recorded at the "Keep The Faith" sessions, Vancouver 1992'

Lak 10-09-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lak (Post 1282955)
I have Fields of Fire on a UK These Days 2 CD special edition. On the inner flap of this it lists the bonus tracks on the second CD and states by Field of Fire 'Recorded at the "Keep The Faith" sessions, Vancouver 1992'

That said however it also says by Lets Make it Baby 'Recorded at the New Jersey sessions 1988' but I'm pretty sure this particular version wasn't as it's a quite a different version to the one on the New Jersey demos and New Jersey deluxe album, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this was recorded for These Days. Therefore i'm now thinking that that maybe the text is wrong by the Fields of Fire listing and that perhaps it was recorded after all

blazeofglory 10-09-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lak (Post 1282956)
That said however it also says by Lets Make it Baby 'Recorded at the New Jersey sessions 1988' but I'm pretty sure this particular version wasn't as it's a quite a different version to the one on the New Jersey demos and New Jersey deluxe album, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this was recorded for These Days. Therefore i'm now thinking that that maybe the text is wrong by the Fields of Fire listing and that perhaps it was recorded after all

No, that version of Let's Make It Baby is definitely from the New Jersey sessions. Jon's vocals are unmistakably from that era. They most likely recorded multiple takes of the song, just like they did with other songs as well.

Lak 10-09-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1282958)
No, that version of Let's Make It Baby is definitely from the New Jersey sessions. Jon's vocals are unmistakably from that era. They most likely recorded multiple takes of the song, just like they did with other songs as well.

Ok thank you. That's the version they should have put on the New Jersey Deluxe set then in my opinion. They definitely did rerecord it for These Days though, as per the Neil Jerfferies biography first published in 96:

'In July 1994 while working in three different Hollywood studios, Bon Jovi whittled the list of thirty contenders down to a shortlist of seventeen or eighteen songs. Amongst them were a couple that had been kicking around for years. One was a Prince-style song called 'Let's Make it Baby' (left over from the New Jersey sessions.......................'

Sorry I don't know how to put the above paragraph quote in italics! After covering some comments by Jon on the song it then mentions Diamond Ring and gives the history of that song

Captain_jovi 10-09-2022 05:44 PM

Yeah the TD version of Let's make it baby is absolutely from 1994. The way the band is playing, the way it was produced, I feel like it fits right in.