Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rock in Rio 2019 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70501)

liljovi93 09-30-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259152)
Jesus Christ, what the f*ck was that Always?

I've never heard Jon sing anything so badly :(

I've definitely heard worse. It certainly wasn't good but I've heard worse.

Phil X was absolutely brilliant on Always.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 09-30-2019 02:21 PM

Glad this tour is finally over.

Nothing special about the set lists, JBJs inconsistency, trying to plug an album 3 years old etc.

Looking forward to next album with a huge pinch of worried its a poor as last 2. Lets hope not.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1259156)
Glad this tour is finally over.

Nothing special about the set lists, JBJs inconsistency, trying to plug an album 3 years old etc.

Looking forward to next album with a huge pinch of worried its a poor as last 2. Lets hope not.

They still have the Lima show coming on October 2.

Btw, I'm 99% sure the next tour is the last one Jon's even slightly capable of doing. He's not getting any younger and his voice is definitely not getting any better (rather the opposite, as it seems to be on another regression since Munich). Within 2-3 years, this band is probably over.

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1259153)
I've definitely heard worse. It certainly wasn't good but I've heard worse.

Phil X was absolutely brilliant on Always.

I agree... He's okay on the verses... but the high notes are just painful... Not an easy song by any means and Jon even struggled back in the 90's with certain notes so I'll give him credit for pulling it out this tour.

I haven't been following this leg but I noticed he asked the crowd to sing the last chorus and didn't do the extended outro (which imo, completes the song). He then went right into Prayer to complete the show (which was probably the last song anyway)...

I'm wondering if that whole thing was international or if he blew a chord.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259157)
Within 2-3 years, this band is probably over.

It makes you wonder.

I still think he should reinvent himself... Do more 1/2 acoustic and 1/2 electric type shows... get better back-up singers. None of these guys harmonize well with Jon.... And give both Dave and Phil and song (Dave ITA and Phil a cover) just to give Jon some rest between songs.

Jon could probably pull off 15 songs without getting hurt.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259158)
I agree... He's okay on the verses... but the high notes are just painful... Not an easy song by any means and Jon even struggled back in the 90's with certain notes so I'll give him credit for pulling it out this tour.

I haven't been following this leg but I noticed he asked the crowd to sing the last chorus and didn't do the extended outro (which imo, completes the song). He then went right into Prayer to complete the show (which was probably the last song anyway)...

I'm wondering if that whole thing was international or if he blew a chord.

He overdid it last night, with all the reprises and extended outros on other songs, a jungle noise on KTF, and - once again - Blood On Blood in the main set.

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259160)
He overdid it last night, with all the reprises and extended outros on other songs, a jungle noise on KTF, and - once again - Blood On Blood in the main set.

Thanks...I'll check out the entire show a little later. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.

BJFan99 09-30-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259161)
Thanks...I'll check out the entire show a little later. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.

The whole show is on YouTube in (very) poor quality, I'd suggest waiting for a better quality video.

liljovi93 09-30-2019 03:20 PM

That extended outro to BTBMB was brilliant.

jon-flp 09-30-2019 03:26 PM

Blood on Blood was the best for me in the show.

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando o Tapatalk