Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Announcements, Questions & Comments (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why all the ads?!? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69066)

TwinFan 06-09-2015 10:28 PM

jovitalk.com is already taken, I checked that first of course. jovitalk.net and jovitalk.org are available, though. Again, I'm open to suggestions. I think I've got a good grasp of what I've got so far, but I'll certainly let you know if there's anything that comes up!

KeepTheFaith2211 06-22-2015 10:21 PM

I'm happy to join that new board if it's still something everybody is hoping will work?

rocknation 06-23-2015 02:28 AM

Still getting the odd popup, and popunders with audio. Clean those out, and we'll have it.

Iceman 06-23-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1188578)
jovitalk.com is already taken, I checked that first of course. jovitalk.net and jovitalk.org are available, though. Again, I'm open to suggestions. I think I've got a good grasp of what I've got so far, but I'll certainly let you know if there's anything that comes up!

Heh, Peter actually does own it, but for some reason he hasn't put it to use.

Well, anyway, this board is done. Once over half of your active posters start posting elsewhere, it's over.

Ice

FinnishFan 09-20-2016 06:37 PM

I came here today just to open a few topics and read the latest messages, but I still got about ten pop-ups that immediately started producing sound. Don't feel like returning since the page seems almost unusable.

Some ads I have seen during the past few weeks are not just normal ads. One of them was a scam purporting to be the webpage of a Finnish newspaper. I guess something needs to be done!

dianebonjovi 09-22-2016 02:48 PM

I've noticed too that recently the ads on this site have gotten out of hand again. In particular, I keep getting one from "Facebook" about my "account" and I'm not on Facebook! That one fills the whole page and locks the keyboard, so I have to use task manager to get out of my browser.

Just got another similar one today telling me I'd won something. So maddening. This is the only board I visit with these kinds of ads. Every time one pops up I fear my computer is being infected with a virus or spyware.

I may not be a regular poster, but I've been coming to this site since 1995 (before it was Jovitalk) so it's hard to just stop coming here. Hopefully someone is looking into this for us.

Manbou 09-23-2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianebonjovi (Post 1207460)
I've noticed too that recently the ads on this site have gotten out of hand again. In particular, I keep getting one from "Facebook" about my "account" and I'm not on Facebook! That one fills the whole page and locks the keyboard, so I have to use task manager to get out of my browser.

Just got another similar one today telling me I'd won something. So maddening. This is the only board I visit with these kinds of ads. Every time one pops up I fear my computer is being infected with a virus or spyware.

I may not be a regular poster, but I've been coming to this site since 1995 (before it was Jovitalk) so it's hard to just stop coming here. Hopefully someone is looking into this for us.

Similar situation for me. I get dozens of Facebook ads, and the thing is, that I am on FB so they should know that I don't need an account.

I once visited this site via my smartphone and instantly "agreed to" a paid subscription, which I could cancel instantly, but it cost me a few € nevertheless, which is why I don't ever visit this site via smartphone anymore, bar Tapatalk.

Already considered an ad-free subscription as 10€ per year is not much for a site that can give you so much, but considering my past experience and what people have written here over the four pages, I must say that I feel this blackmail thing going on and decided to deactivate all scripts for this side instead. A pity that the jovitalk.boards thing didn't take off last year.

Btw, I don't think we would lose that many members if we really decided to move. Sure, we have thousands of members, but by accident I saw today's birthday list and - well, take a look yourselves... ;)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...9s6xnjm3b2.png

jtadmin 09-23-2016 10:54 AM

No new ads have been added nor ad network settings changed since the beginning of this year. Some fishy ad networks have even been removed due to their problematic nature.

However, the pop under/up network being used did reportedly manage to develop an effective anti adblock code, which I can only applaud considering 30+% of ad-blocking users here.

It is also possible the ad networks started serving more ads here (ads are geo-targeted), due to end of summer or more site traffic due to new BJ album.

There should be no auto-playing audio or video popups, gambllng, adult and software promotion themed popunder / popup ads here, as those are all disabled in ad network settings. If you come accross such and ad, it should be reported here with as many details listed as possible: https://www.popads.net/report-abuse.html

Rdkopper 09-23-2016 05:11 PM

Yes... ever done the traffic increased in here , so did the adds

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

FinnishFan 09-25-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtadmin (Post 1207635)
There should be no auto-playing audio or video popups, gambllng, adult and software promotion themed popunder / popup ads here, as those are all disabled in ad network settings. If you come accross such and ad, it should be reported here with as many details listed as possible: https://www.popads.net/report-abuse.html

I recieve the "Luckland Casino" popup that starts playing sound and video almost every time. I tried to report in via the link you gave, but it says:

"We have no record of the entered popunder."

I tried putting both url of the forum and of the popup to the "Website" field but it doesn't work.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.