Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best Michael Jackson album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=30718)

Dave 1986 06-16-2005 04:57 PM

Best Michael Jackson album?

Best MJ album?

Mine's a tie between Dangerous and HIStory.

Jolo 06-16-2005 05:21 PM

Of course Thriller is a masterpiece.

But, if we look into the lyrics and the emotional feelings, I think HIStory (Disc 2) is the best.

father_time 06-18-2005 09:23 PM

OTF,Thriller, Bad & Dangerous are one of the greatest series of albums ever released, which one is the best depends on your particular favourite style of music.

HIStory, whilst good in places, just sinks like a stone when it gets to childhood, little susie and money. stranger in moscow is class though.

DevilsSon 06-18-2005 09:56 PM

The Weird Al Yankovich one ... FAT i think!

Stut 06-18-2005 10:04 PM

I´ve only heard Thriller and BAD, and I think BAD has more "good" songs in it.

Dave 1986 06-19-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by father_time
OTF,Thriller, Bad & Dangerous are one of the greatest series of albums ever released, which one is the best depends on your particular favourite style of music.

HIStory, whilst good in places, just sinks like a stone when it gets to childhood, little susie and money. stranger in moscow is class though.

I agree. Songs like Moscow, Earth Song and You Are Not Alone are probably my favourite Michael Jackson tracks but others seem more like fillers. I duno why his version of Come Together is on there. Although a decent cover, it just seemed odd to include it when it was featured at the end of Moonwalker from 1988. :?

father_time 06-20-2005 01:27 AM

yeah i agree, seems like a strange choice.

If you think back to his previous albums, the chances of it being included then were zero, HIStory seems very much a mishmash of tracks.

Supersonic 06-20-2005 02:41 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Quote:

Originally Posted by father_time

I agree. Songs like Moscow, Earth Song and You Are Not Alone are probably my favourite Michael Jackson tracks but others seem more like fillers. I duno why his version of Come Together is on there. Although a decent cover, it just seemed odd to include it when it was featured at the end of Moonwalker from 1988. :?

What a lot of people don't know is that a few songs from HIStory disc 2 are leftovers from the Dangerous sessions. Come Together had been a b-side for the Remember The Time single, and the version on HIStory is just an edit.

If all songs on HIStory would have been as good as the singles from it, it would without a doubt have been my favourite. But like someone said, a lot like it sounds like fillers. I can't really decide which one is my favourite.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 11-30-2006 10:29 PM

I just listened to Invincible earlier on today. I've never disliked this album and to be honest, I never thought it was a bad as critics made it out to be. True, it's far from being a masterpiece, but there are some good songs on there. I just don't think it should have had 16 songs on there. IMO it suffered by being bogged down by too many fillers. If it was just 10 songs, it would have been fine. Alright, it's not as good as Thriller, but what album is?

By they way, I suggest all MJ fans listen to the song Xscape. (A song that was leaked onto the Internet early 2003 and written/recorded after Invincible) It's a cracking tune, very modern sounding and yet classic Michael Jackson at the same time.

yomamasofat 12-01-2006 02:25 AM

Thriller is the best, it has Beat It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best guitar performance in a pop song ever.

Now that I think about it, MJ is another artist who has 3 consecutive killer albums: Thriller, Bad and Dangerous. Yep, just like SWW, NJ and KTF. It's sad to see what happens to him these days.