Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers "I'm With You" (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53118)

Panda 06-17-2011 04:10 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers "I'm With You"

These guys have a new album at the end of August called "I'm With You"... I really loved Stadium Arcadium, so it will be interesting to see what they follow it up with. Also, John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Klinghoffer. I really loved John's sound and really didn't like the albums that he didn't play in, so that makes me a little nervous for the upcoming album.

TwinFan 06-17-2011 04:53 AM

Not too big a fan of RHCP, but Otherside is one of my favorite songs. Ever. By any band.

Panda 06-17-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1056425)
Not too big a fan of RHCP, but Otherside is one of my favorite songs. Ever. By any band.

No shit, eh?

TwinFan 06-17-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1056427)
No shit, eh?

Yeah. That (and the Aerosmith song of the same name) was the reason I changed my name temporarily to OtherSide a few months back. I definitely will check out this album, though.

RSROCKS 06-17-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1056412)
These guys have a new album at the end of August called "I'm With You"... I really loved Stadium Arcadium, so it will be interesting to see what they follow it up with. Also, John Frusciante was replaced by Josh Klinghoffer. I really loved John's sound and really didn't like the albums that he didn't play in, so that makes me a little nervous for the upcoming album.

I feel the same. The albums without John are quite lame. The positive though is Josh has always been kind of the fifth guy in the group and really admired John's work.

I'm really excited to see what the guys have come up with, if you can't tell by my sig :)

RSROCKS 06-17-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1056425)

Mer, IMO Otherside is okay but they have had some stronger singles than Otherside in latter years.

samboraisgodUK 06-20-2011 02:12 AM

I'm a big RHCP fan and John's sound and style was a big part of me getting into the band. I'm not too sure how the new album with its "Afro-Pop" influences is going to be though...

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surpised and Josh can pull it out the bag.

ticos_stick 06-20-2011 02:18 AM

John Frusciante is The RHCP.

Without him they are just funk nonsense.

RSROCKS 06-22-2011 05:37 PM

The strongest and best releases have come with John involved in the writing process but his own writing outside of RHCP is garbage.

UKjovi 07-02-2011 11:43 AM

Look forward to hearing this album.