Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Songs you would like to see in Europe (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70498)

Thinny 05-02-2019 09:35 PM

I'm suprised he even said that at all...i don't recall hearing him say that about any other song? It is my fave song on the box set and I'd love to hear it live, though there was never much chance of that, even less so now...

JackieBlue 05-02-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1252633)
I'm suprised he even said that at all...i don't recall hearing him say that about any other song? It is my fave song on the box set and I'd love to hear it live, though there was never much chance of that, even less so now...

Not unless, or until, Richie comes back. That's why I hope we hear it... soon. :D

(I know, hope dies last...)

And, btw, I don't remember him saying it about any other song either.

rolo_tomachi 05-02-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1252626)
Jon said at some fan Q&A that the band won't perform this song anymore, unless Richie comes back.

mmmm, this gives some hope for the future. If Jon did not want Richie back, he I would never have said this.

bonjovi90 05-03-2019 02:03 AM

Miss Fourth of July was written in a period when Jon thought that his dream (and more so the band) had possibly gone/disbanded.
That's why he said before some live performances "I happen to like the song more now because it doesn't hurt as bad." With Richie's departure which hurt him deeply, that pain has returned.
I also don't think he'd actually ever play Wanted and I'll Be There For You again if those hadn't been hits.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 05-03-2019 02:30 AM

The Miss Fourth Of July comment is an old comment but it sounded definitely more emotional than the one JBJ saying it took him 3 years to sing again I’ll Be There For You, that he felt trepidation about it...
I also always thought Richie voice in Miss Fourth Of July contributed a lot to this gorgeous song.

Elvistico 05-22-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alice (Post 1252602)
Everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you on that one. It would be a decent rarity !

Elvistico 05-22-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1250530)
These Days, Dry County, This Ain't A Love Song, Love's The Only Rule but I'm just a dreamer nevermind :D

Those are song that might turn up in europe tbh. And would be amazing.
Add to that list :

- Let it rock
- Something to believe in
- Blaze of Glory (which seems to be off the setlist for a long time now)

bonjovi90 05-22-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvistico (Post 1253016)
- Let it rock

Not in a million years...

Eveline 05-22-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252639)
Miss Fourth of July was written in a period when Jon thought that his dream (and more so the band) had possibly gone/disbanded.
That's why he said before some live performances "I happen to like the song more now because it doesn't hurt as bad." With Richie's departure which hurt him deeply, that pain has returned.
I also don't think he'd actually ever play Wanted and I'll Be There For You again if those hadn't been hits.

So damn true *sigh*

james_d 05-22-2019 07:00 PM

I think it's easy to forget the psychological effect Richie leaving the way he did must have had on Jon (as well as David, Tico and Hugh). I still think it's fair to say that much of the damage to Jon's voice in 2013 was a result of this. Hopefully there's some improvement in Europe although I'm not holding out for much.