Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DeF LEppARd (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31919)

Johny 06-04-2022 12:34 PM

I'd appreciate more new songs, miss Let's Get Rocked and I'mbit tired of Foolin' and not a fan of Excitable. BUT, this rocks!!! Joe's vocals are great and as a Viv's fan I really enjoyed him there.

Alphavictim 06-10-2022 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1281735)
Viv has no songwriting credits on this record in the other hand, Phil dominates. I'd love to hear more of Viv's solos and guitar work.

Viv only had very shared credits on the previous album, too. Granted, he DID co-write Wings of an Angel, my favorite Def Leppard song since the 90s, but that one credited the full band minus Rick Allen.

Captain_jovi 06-10-2022 04:59 AM

Here's an interesting quote about that.

"The last two tracks on the album, Wings Of An Angel and Blind Faith, were written by the whole band - all five of us together in one room. But mostly we write on our own. Without wanting to sound poncey, we are all songwriters in our own right. We write differently when we write individually, and we write a certain way when we contribute to each other's songs. We're like Queen in that respect. I'm not saying I think we're as good as Queen - we're totally different. But what we do have in common with them is we all write individually. What that gives us is a massive amount of variety in our songs. And that really matters to us."

Thinny 06-10-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1281855)
Viv only had very shared credits on the previous album, too.

Viv wrote Work It Out from Slang alone, as well as Cruise Control, Only The Good Die Young and Gotta Let it Go from Sparkle Lounge. There's also a Slang bonus track 'All On Your Touch' with Viv being the sole writer again.

Captain_jovi 06-11-2022 05:07 AM

2015 was made in the midst of Viv getting cancer so I kind of understand why he wasn't as present. This one, I'm not sure.

Alphavictim 06-12-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1281880)
2015 was made in the midst of Viv getting cancer so I kind of understand why he wasn't as present. This one, I'm not sure.

Quote:

Vivian Campbell: I just wasn’t prepared. I thought we were going on tour. And like I said, I don’t have a home studio. This is my home studio, my iPhone, you know! So I keep ideas in it, but I’ve never gone to the next level. And when all of a sudden we were making a record, I just had to learn how to record. And the songs came in thick and there were so many of these 15 songs on this record. I mean, so it’s not like we were short of songs if we had seven songs and all of a sudden I’m like, Guys, we need more songs to finish an album. Then I would have gone to my iPhone and said, Okay, yeah, I got this, let’s try and mix it. But it was just coming in thick and fast. I just wasn’t prepared for the record, to be honest, but I don’t think it’s a bad record as a result. I mean, the songs are great. There’s 15 of them and it covers a lot of different musical spectrums. I think we’re good. So having said that, I do feel bad because I, you know, I feel like I just wasn’t prepared. I didn’t do my homework.
https://www.rockpages.gr/def-leppard...aying/?lang=en

Captain_jovi 06-12-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1281905)

Whelp, this is the exact info I was looking for, thanks!

steel_horse75 06-22-2022 08:36 AM

Apparently Rick Allen didn’t play drums on this album.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinny 06-24-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1281972)
Apparently Rick Allen didn’t play drums on this album.

It's programmed drums. It's stated in the liner notes. This is nothing new. He didn't play the drums on Pyromania, apart from the cymbals. Hysteria was also mostly programmed as well I believe. Not sure about Adrenalize, but they used proper drums on Slang. I expect the albums following that were a mixture of both.

Captain_jovi 06-24-2022 04:34 PM

Yeah, I saw some vlogs going nuts about it but anyone with any basic knowledge of how he's done albums post and PRE arm loss..

Like I know there was a guest drummer on some of the YEAH! extra tracks but I don't think that was ever the norm.

I really liked the drum sound of this album. A lot of the previous albums just didn't do it for me drum wise.