Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official November 27 Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70456)

DryCounty 11-27-2018 04:49 PM

I can't believe for how many years that Whole Lot of Leavin'/Lost Highway combo has been in the set list. Except for being easy vocally, has it EVER got over well with an audience? It's beyond me what that combo does at the very start of a rock show.

symbeline 11-27-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _KaMi_ (Post 1248124)
They should do Last Man Standing. Good rock song and the vocals are pretty low during the whole song.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1248125)
Exactly - that's what I've been thinking since the beginning of the tour. Jon could definitely still do it.

The biggest problem are not the declining vocals but the death of Jon frontman extraordinaire. Nothing will ever sound good again because BJ was 50% Jon + Richie / 50% attitude. We didn't just lose half of the magic, we lost almost everything at once.

Notice how people don't even mention anymore that Jon is in autopilot because there's no "no autopilot mode" to compare with. Again trying to be fair, it's pretty clear he's uncomfortable singing and trying to work the audience, but (warning rehashed argument no.103762) nobody is forcing them to tour, there's NO excuse for the lack of engagement.

DryCounty 11-27-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1248128)
The biggest problem are not the declining vocals but the death of Jon frontman extraordinaire. Nothing will ever sound good again because BJ was 50% Jon + Richie / 50% attitude. We didn't just lose half of the magic, we lost almost everything at once.

Notice how people don't even mention anymore that Jon is in autopilot because there's no "no autopilot mode" to compare with. Again trying to be fair, it's pretty clear he's uncomfortable singing and trying to work the audience, but (warning rehashed argument no.103762) nobody is forcing them to tour, there's NO excuse for the lack of engagement.

I agree, very well put. At the same time we lost Jon's voice we lost one of the best frontmans in rock history as well. Losing both Richie, Jon's voice and his frontmanship is really a to big of a loss to repair.

jovifan93 11-27-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _KaMi_ (Post 1248124)
They should do Last Man Standing. Good rock song and the vocals are pretty low during the whole song.

Good suggestion! Would fit the "Look, I'm still here and really singing" attitude, as well. And Phil could shine on guitar...

james_d 11-27-2018 06:39 PM

The general consensus (from what I've seen at least) is that the first half of the setlist is boring and the second half is decent but needs to be changed up a bit. Songs like Last Man Standing would be great to replace WLOL, LH and Follow.

TheOriginalJez 11-27-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1248130)
Good suggestion! Would fit the "Look, I'm still here and really singing" attitude, as well. And Phil could shine on guitar...

Oh you can bet Shanks gets that solo :twisted:

Jeeper 11-27-2018 07:18 PM

Anyone know the attendance/capacity? Lots of empty seats from that earlier pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperBrad 11-27-2018 07:26 PM

I miss the flying fox and the catwalk and the pyro and the cool stage set ups and Flash stageclothes and Richie and alec and Jon running around and drum solos and keyboard solos and Jons great vocals and screams !!!! Everything and i mean everything i used to love about a Bon Jovi show is gone forever :(

Captain_jovi 11-27-2018 07:39 PM

Yeah but a lot of those things left looooooooong before Richie jumped ship.

Zakatar 11-27-2018 07:43 PM

Overall I think Tokyo's setlist was better than Osaka's, When We Were Us is much better live than WWBTF, and I'd take RYH over Knockout any day (though the solo at the end of Knockout was interesting to say the least). I'm digging the lack of We Got it Going on though, WDR is a much better choice for that slot. Hopefully we'll get a rarity or two in Australia.

Jon's voice was definitely better in Tokyo than Osaka. I agree 100% with whomever it was who said they thought back-to-backs were a bad idea for 2018 Jon.