Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   THINFS Tour ticket prices (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70184)

Becky 01-17-2018 01:23 AM

I ordered all the tickets ( 8 )on my credit card and booked the Omni CNN Center for Atlanta. It’s connected to the arena, best hotel for a show there.

My friend asked me how much she owed me. I said, “Your life savings.” LOL

bjcrazycpa 01-17-2018 04:00 AM

Becky I am goin to New Orleans too! I’m joining two other friends there but hope to see you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becky 01-17-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1232900)
Becky I am goin to New Orleans too! I’m joining two other friends there but hope to see you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Can’t wait to meet you!

Becky 01-22-2018 03:16 AM

I was looking at Atlanta tickets just to see what is available in general sale. The good seats are all “verified resale” tickets. Are these scalpers? Why buy up good seats just to sell them if they aren’t making a profit?

24Roses 01-22-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1233370)
I was looking at Atlanta tickets just to see what is available in general sale. The good seats are all “verified resale” tickets. Are these scalpers? Why buy up good seats just to sell them if they aren’t making a profit?

From what I understand, those "verified resale tickets" are supposed to be "fans reselling to fans", but I call bs. And yes they are making a profit. I don't understand why TicketMaster is allowing them to resell for more than original price. Also, I saw some of the blue dot standard price tickets on lower level towards the back are $569.00 per ticket. How the heck can that be right? I'm talking about Atlanta.

Savvi 01-22-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232580)
What is really going to kill is the added Ticketmaster fees. I bought tix for something about two months ago and the TM fees for two tickets cost more than the face value of a single ticket (about $70).

What. The. Hell. That is crazy! We have ticketmaster fees here in Australia too, but they are never more than maybe 10 bucks are ticket.

MJB12 03-14-2018 11:49 PM

So I'm really curious about ticket prices too. I waited to buy my ticket for the show tonight in Denver until yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to wait for prices on Stubhub to drop real low and get better seats than I would have otherwise. But I happened to search the official venue seller Altitude Tickets, and I bought a 2nd row ticket aisle seat for $104 face value ($124 with fees). There were plenty of other floor seats available at this same price. In the past, I always sat in lower level seats but the prices were usually $200 plus for those. Why was this floor ticket, yet alone a 2nd row floor ticket, *only* $104? Did they slash ticket prices closer to the show in order to sell them, or were the prices on this tour really that much lower?

MellyMel 03-15-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1236055)
So I'm really curious about ticket prices too. I waited to buy my ticket for the show tonight in Denver until yesterday afternoon. I was hoping to wait for prices on Stubhub to drop real low and get better seats than I would have otherwise. But I happened to search the official venue seller Altitude Tickets, and I bought a 2nd row ticket aisle seat for $104 face value ($124 with fees). There were plenty of other floor seats available at this same price. In the past, I always sat in lower level seats but the prices were usually $200 plus for those. Why was this floor ticket, yet alone a 2nd row floor ticket, *only* $104? Did they slash ticket prices closer to the show in order to sell them, or were the prices on this tour really that much lower?

Prices did not start out that cheap. I’ve been watching tickets very closely to several shows. For Denver, SLC, Vegas and Little Rock, they have slashed ticket prices around a week or two before the show. The first 5 or 6 rows are typically $450-$550. Then the rows behind that are normally $350. I just read yesterday that Vegas was offering 1/2 price on all tickets. They just aren’t selling this time around. Venues drop prices as the show gets close.

Bounce7800 03-15-2018 01:42 PM

Given that Bon Jovi aren't an auto sell out, it's probably more prudent to hold off on ticket purchases until as late as possible, as it's not a case of fixed prices and first come first served on the best seats. Hicking the prices up early to try and make as much money from the fans who are used to buying at onsale dates and then adjusting to fill what's left at the end.

Given how TM seem to be slipping in loads of "premium" priced tickets for good seats at other shows on the main TM site, if and when they do play Europe it's also probably not the best move to simply rush to buy in pre sale or as soon as they go onsale as it's a different ball game since the last time they toured.

golittleperson 04-11-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232894)
I ordered all the tickets ( 8 )on my credit card and booked the Omni CNN Center for Atlanta. It’s connected to the arena, best hotel for a show there.

My friend asked me how much she owed me. I said, “Your life savings.” LOL

Love the Omni - and Olympic park is right across the street, I could see some of the band doing their morning run.........
Enjoy Atlanta and the show.