Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Iron Maiden (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=41233)

Panda 07-05-2010 11:46 PM

So i went to Iron Maiden Last week...

Setlist was as follows..

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Wrathchild
4.El Dorado
5.Dance Of Death
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden

Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

I must say, considering I went to the somewhere in time tour, I was quite dissapointed. Loads of energy and all that jazz... but thats to be expected by Iron Maiden. The only songs that I think actually worked were Blood Brothers, These Colors Dont Run and the last 5 songs. There was a point during Wildest Dreams where I was actually kinda bored and I was waiting and praying for Fear of the Dark. Never have I seen a crowd less energetic during the first 3/4 of a set and then picking up during Fear Of The Dark. And its fricken retarded on how many post 2000 songs they play. Also, I though the new song, El Dorado was probably the weakest song they played that night.

If you havent bought a ticket yet and you have seen Iron Maiden before, I would recomend not going. Honestly, the first 11 songs all sounded like one giant, long song with some highs and lows. However, if you havent seen iron maiden before, whitnessing fear of the dark and hallowed be thy name live is worth the ticket price alone.

UKjovi 07-06-2010 08:22 AM

Doesn't sound very good at all.

yomamasofat 07-06-2010 09:26 AM

Yea that would be like Bon Jovi playing a setlist dominated by post 2000 songs and with encore LOAP, Bad Name, Wanted and Bad Medicine.

PHAIL.

C'monFeet 07-30-2010 09:16 PM

Maiden post 2000 >>>>>>> Bon Jovi post 2000.

If you ever get the chance to see Hi On Maiden, check them out. They are fantastic. And all the songs Maiden never let you hear!!!!

Not sure Maiden themselves ever played Seventh Son this tight.

And here they are (earlier lineup) with Nicko! :)

C'monFeet 07-30-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi (Post 1002852)
Doesn't sound very good at all.

If they weren't so bloody minded with playing their new stuff, we never would have got such treats as Bruce singing Sign of the Cross in 2000!

UKjovi 07-31-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 1008328)
If they weren't so bloody minded with playing their new stuff, we never would have got such treats as Bruce singing Sign of the Cross in 2000!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBanU-AHMqg

Thanks for sharing that. I'd not seen that one before and it was a real treat. I think its funny they wear their own T shirts.

Simon 08-02-2010 05:57 PM

I like their post-2000 stuff. I never fully got into "Matter Of Life And Death" because I rarely listen to it, but I see the potential to grow on me, when I have my next Maiden phase. And I think it's very brave to play so many "new" songs. Actually, when they did their "Somewhere in Time" tour or how was it called, with only old stuff, I didn't like it for being too nostalgic. But they made up for it with the total opposite of a setlist. Still, they didn't play any surprises, which is a shame. The classics are all obvious.

But what is the concert of that tour anyway? A warm up for the new album, or really the other side of the coin that was the nostalgic tour? By what name does that tour go?

C'monFeet 08-02-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1008914)
The classics are all obvious.

TBH, that's the big problem with Maiden's recent setlists for me. Who the hell needs to hear 2 Minutes to Midnight, or bloody Wrathchild again?

EVERY gig does need Iron Maiden and Hallowed, but I wish there was more variety with the other classics. Why not Heaven Can Wait, or Infinite Dreams, Flight of Icarus, Be Quick or Be Dead, Die with your Boots On, Bring Your Daughter, Killers, Charlotte the Harlotte, The Prisoner....

There's easily two dozen songs that 90% of any given Maiden audience would go crazy to hear.

C'monFeet 08-06-2010 01:49 PM

Captain Walrus 08-07-2010 02:16 PM

You guys are wrong, simple as that. Iron Maiden at Sonisphere was easily the best of the five shows I've seen them do. To hear Dance Of Death, No More Lies, Blood Brothers, Gohst Of The Navigator and The Wicker Man were absolutely magical ... I love the Brave New World and Dance Of Death albums, so Iloved just about every second of it. Although I wish they'd played Paschendale too!

Of course, the first time I saw the band was in 2005, so I can see how older fans might be less impressed. But I was a VERY happy bunny to see those songs played.