Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 03:52 AM

As always on this board, people get too sentimental or too tough...
Of course at the end... We have to wait until listen it with our owns ears to a proper verdict

Rdkopper 05-13-2019 04:45 AM

Here is my issue:

Every time I look on social media, Jon is everywhere but making an album... He's at a gala one day, in Vegas another, signing wine bottles somewhere else. "Hey Jon! Aren't you supposed to be making a kickass album?"

Not sure how many songs Jon wrote but there is no way they got through an entire album in that time frame... I remember day one, song one. And then maybe a few posts after that... And that's it! 20 plus songs completed... At that rate, Jon can put out new albums every four months.

Or is this where the 10% of Jon fades out and 90% of Shanks takes over.... It's the John Shanks project featuring Jon Bon Jovi on vocals...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 05-13-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252806)
Or he could have dodged the question entirely if he felt that way. He's very outspoken and says what he's feeling regardless of potential consequences, I just don't have any reason to think he's lying about him thinking the sound is different. You don't go from too open to that.

My point is that maybe it sounds different to Phil because he is more involved with it and is close to the creation of it. Often when you are close to a project you can't always be the most objective. Which IMHO is part of the problem with Shanks being so involved in everything...

We will have to wait and see...

angelsambo 05-13-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1252809)

Or is this where the 10% of Jon fades out and 90% of Shanks takes over.... It's the John Shanks project featuring Jon Bon Jovi on vocals...

Glued to this computer till tour

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVYh8znjFW/

Matrix15 05-13-2019 12:02 PM

God I cringe when I see the likes of Shanks and Matt BJ on social media, feels like they're piggybacking off the success of the band or just talking pure nonsense. Even Big Jesse is getting in on the act with his "pink water!". At least he's selling a tangible product I suppose.

I think Phil is actually the person to look to, he's got a great social media presence and he doesn't seem to have let his association with Bon Jovi go to his head.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1252812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1252813)
I think Phil is actually the person to look to

?????
On the comment section, Phil X said to Shanks: “sexy bitch”

Matrix15 05-13-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1252814)
?????
On the comment section, Phil X said to Shanks: “sexy bitch”

Well the latter part is correct.

Captain_jovi 05-13-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1252809)
Here is my issue:

Every time I look on social media, Jon is everywhere but making an album... He's at a gala one day, in Vegas another, signing wine bottles somewhere else. "Hey Jon! Aren't you supposed to be making a kickass album?"

Not sure how many songs Jon wrote but there is no way they got through an entire album in that time frame... I remember day one, song one. And then maybe a few posts after that... And that's it! 20 plus songs completed... At that rate, Jon can put out new albums every four months.

I might have missed it but did someone say the album was done?

Rdkopper 05-13-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252816)
I might have missed it but did someone say the album was done?

No, but it seems that you missed the point. It's the disconnect from Jon and his ownership transfer to Shanks which has been a continuing issue with current albums.

Captain_jovi 05-13-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1252817)
No, but it seems that you missed the point. It's the disconnect from Jon and his ownership transfer to Shanks which has been a continuing issue with current albums.

I understood what you're saying, loud and clear and I agree with it. You made the point

"Not sure how many songs Jon wrote but there is no way they got through an entire album in that time frame... I remember day one, song one. And then maybe a few posts after that... And that's it! 20 plus songs completed... At that rate, Jon can put out new albums every four months. "

Implying the album was done, 20 songs completed. I'm only asking if we know that the album is done. From everything I've read, the album is being done in batches. Hell, they could still be in pre-production mode on the rest of it with a few songs in the can.

I really don't like that Shanks can work on the album with Jon not there but I guess its too late in the game to complain about that.