Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Xavi 10-04-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1268702)
In my opinion I think It is one of the best new songs.
I love it :D

In fact,Lower the flag is the best song of the album and one of the best JBJ has ever done in his entire career.

JoviForever 10-04-2020 01:15 PM

Jon is on the Steve Wright show tomorrow afternoon on Radio 2.

WildBilly 10-04-2020 01:35 PM

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, apologies if so.

I’m reading through the album notes and everyone (including Everett and John Shanks) gets a space Thank You apart from Phil.

Only Shanks gives him a thank you.

Any thoughts as to why?

liljovi93 10-04-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBilly (Post 1268714)
This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, apologies if so.

I’m reading through the album notes and everyone (including Everett and John Shanks) gets a space Thank You apart from Phil.

Only Shanks gives him a thank you.

Any thoughts as to why?

Apparently Phil X forgot.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Savvi 10-04-2020 01:41 PM

After a day or two to process and listen to the album, I'm already over Brothers In Arms. It's a good song, but nothing makes me want to go back to it. I'm liking the two bonus songs more and more. Pity Jon's vocals are really starting to effect the studio recordings.

musiccritic101 10-04-2020 02:28 PM

I've listened to the album several times over the past few days since the release and I'm pretty much done with the album I'll be adding Beautiful Drug and Blood in the Water to my daily playlist and the rest of the album will be going into my Jovi archives/collection.

Beautiful Drug and Blood in the Water are the standout tracks for me after many listens I don't seem to get bored of those two tracks. The rest of the album got pretty old fast, I'll probably listen to Story of Love, Lower the Flag, Let It Rain and Brothers in Arms once in while but as for the DWYC, Unbroken and American Reckoning I'll never play it ever again, those songs are just not my cup of tea.

Shine and Luv Can I will keep around in my playlist as they're pretty good tracks as Jon's voice in those tracks remind me of the 2008-2010 Jon Bon Jovi it just has that 'old' distinctive JBJ tone and none of that lisp tone singing of Jon in recent years. Not to mention that Jon's powerful loud rasp during the last few minutes of the Luv Can almost blew me away.

Rdkopper 10-04-2020 03:36 PM

Day three and I'm still loving this album more and more. I run to it every moring.

I'm a huge Buring Bridges fan and someone said it best. This album seems like the natural progression after BB. Not THINFS.

I'm looking forward to a concert and hearing these songs come to life in a live setting.

I was never crazy about That's What The Water Made Me until I kept seeing it as an opener... Or the song Knock Out which works well in an arena.

Although I actually like Beautiful Drug, I can really see myself getting into this one live.

I also don't care if a song sounds like X, from X year... This is what everyone does now. Everytime a new song comes out, let's see what it sounds like. We can play this game with any band. I really don't care and it doesn't bother me in the least bit. These songs are original enough and as long as I like them, that's all I can ask for.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

gareththyer1990 10-04-2020 04:55 PM

It’s a shame we’ve had next to nothing promotion wise over here in the UK. Amanda Holden performed on Britain’s Got Talent last night, so I think she’s over taken them on the charts now, also seen tv adverts for her album and the Queen live album. Fingers crossed this upcoming week we’ll get something decent

liljovi93 10-04-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gareththyer1990 (Post 1268733)
It’s a shame we’ve had next to nothing promotion wise over here in the UK. Amanda Holden performed on Britain’s Got Talent last night, so I think she’s over taken them on the charts now, also seen tv adverts for her album and the Queen live album. Fingers crossed this upcoming week we’ll get something decent

Yeah, she was behind both Jovi & Queen yesterday but since she performed, she's overtook both.

That's all it takes. A live stream performance would have been good yesterday for promotion.

Usually see an advert by now too but nothing so far.

gareththyer1990 10-04-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1268737)
Yeah, she was behind both Jovi & Queen yesterday but since she performed, she's overtook both.

That's all it takes. A live stream performance would have been good yesterday for promotion.

Usually see an advert by now too but nothing so far.

Yeah exactly! A couple of streamed performances would have done the world of good. So I’m hoping throughout the week we’ll get something decent. Or some adverts will do!