Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What is your favorite TV show? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69587)

B.J.F. 07-28-2016 08:37 PM

What is your favorite TV show?

And I hope you have better luck than I do because whenever I like a show it ends up cancelled.

Becky 07-29-2016 01:19 AM

My current favorite is Chicago Fire so I also watch Chicago PD and Chicago Med and I'll watch Chicago Justice when it premieres. That's a lot of Chicago all because I'm a Jesse Spencer fan! And because they sometimes cross over with SVU, I record it and watch it sometimes too. I also like The Middle and Bones. I'll miss it after its last season coming up this fall/winter.

I feel you're pain--last year I fell in love with the show Forever and it got canceled and a lot of other shows I've liked have gotten canceled after only one or a few seasons.

Jeeper 09-03-2016 11:26 AM

I really enjoyed Banshee. Why finish after only 4 seasons?

Sons of Anarchy was great but had a rushed, lazy ending.

Gotham season 2 was fun.

Nige 09-03-2016 01:32 PM

Red Dwarf
Bottom
Arrested Development
Blackadder
Modern Family
Six Feet Under
Lost

I'm sure there are others; I'm on Brooklyn 99 atm which is enjoyable enough.

Maryblogger 09-15-2016 06:56 PM

I adore to watch Helen Show.

Santa Fe 09-16-2016 07:16 PM

For example, I like Big Brother Spain.

Jeeper 09-18-2016 11:31 AM

Just started watching The Strain. Seems good so far.

B.J. Always 10-11-2016 11:00 PM

I like the Blacklist, Criminal Minds, and I'm trying a new show called Conviction.

steel_horse75 11-09-2016 01:36 PM

sopranos
game of thrones
ray Donovan
Deadwood
boardwalk empire
CSI - Original series

i have breaking bad boxset but have never opened it.

fav funny shows

Only fools and horses
the office (uk)
Extras
Bottom
Blackadder 2, 3 & 4.
Thin Blue Line
inbetweeners
IT Crowd
Man Down
Drifters
Modern Family
The Goldbergs
The Middle
Malcolm in the middle
Frasier
Curb your enthusiasm

Jeeper 11-10-2016 08:39 AM

Been watching The Exorcist. It's quite good, so far.

The Walking Dead is irritating me. I wish they wouldn't solely focus on one particular person/group each episode. The one about Carol last week was just boring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 12-08-2016 12:54 PM

Only Fools & Horses is my all time fav.

Some of my favs are:
Good Cop - Warren Brown was in this who I really like and this was a fantastic series that only had 4 episodes and not another series. It was very similar to Luther which Warren Brown was in but I loved this.

Luther - Fantastic.

Impractical Jokers - One of the funniest TV shows ever. I imagine me, my brother and a couple of other lads doing this ourselves.

Friends - Watched every episode hundreds of times but still never fails to make me laugh. Genuinely an all time classic show.

The Inbetweeners - Again, something I wish had carried on. I get that they left school and stuff but they definitely could have carried on (I don't just mean with films) but unfortunately never.

Peter Kay's Car Share - Only watched it this year and loved every episode. I can't wait for the next series.

I could go on really...

Never watched Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones or The Walking Dead, though.

Becky 03-26-2017 10:20 PM

The last episode of Bones is this week. 12 seasons. 250 episodes. It's been a good run. It was a consistently good show.

Panda 04-01-2017 12:42 AM

Have you guys heard of 'Life in Pieces'?

To be honest, I loathe 20 minute comedy TV show sitcoms. Big Bang Theory and How I Met your mother are just so repetetive and not funny to me.

But I absolutely loved both the British Office and the American Office, especially the first 5 seasons.

Life in Pieces isn't like the Office, but it's one of those TV shows that is imaginative and really funny - something I haven't seen on TV in quite a while. I've only seen the first season - it's on Netflix - and I'm excited for season 2 to come out.

It has Tom Hanks son, Collin Hanks plus a whole bunch of great actors - James Brolin, Diane West, Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad) , etc.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 04-01-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1222148)

Yes, though I've never actually watched it.

I don't watch a lot of current TV tbh, but my dad and I have this tradition of watching all the NCIS series together. So even though I could download them when they go to air in the US, I always wait for them to air in Australia so we can watch it at the same time. (Also downloading is illegal and bad, mkay? ;) ).

I think my all-time favourite show is a short-lived series called Boomtown, which had Donnie Wahlberg and Neal McDonough in it. I guess you'd call it a crime drama set in LA, but the story was told in a nonlinear style, by piecing together different characters' POVs until you got the whole story.

My second fave would be Star Trek: The Next Generation, minus most of the first season. :p

Rundell 10-30-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandad (Post 1222148)

To be honest bingo reviews I loathe 20 minute comedy TV show sitcoms. Big Bang Theory and How I Met your mother are just so repetetive and not funny to me.

My favorite show of all time would be a toss up between Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. Which is kind of weird, because my favorite genre is sci-fi.

rolo_tomachi 11-01-2017 09:10 PM

STRANGER THINGS 2. Episode 7. :D

Becky 11-02-2017 03:02 AM

I would not classify it as a favorite yet, but The Good Doctor has been good so far. However, I’ve already seen some repeats of House plot points (both are David Shore creations).

mo_rizwan 11-21-2017 04:10 AM

Prison Break.....but Season 5 was pointless :D

Walleris 11-21-2017 04:48 AM

Right now it's Billions.

Fantastic plot and a great cast. There's no good vs. evil here, every character is good in some ways and very flawed in others, which leads to a very interesting dynamic as a viewer.

Can't wait for Season 3 to start early next year.

trevrox 12-03-2017 08:16 AM

24!!!!!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090628013700

golittleperson 01-28-2018 10:24 PM

Lucifer and the BTV Sherlock. Never would have thought a show based on "evil" could be so enjoyable, well written and layered characters. Sherlock as Cumberbatch is as talented as any actor out there, no matter the role he plays.

Jeeper 02-04-2018 11:19 PM

SAS: Who Dares Wins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk