Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bells Of Freedom and its religious message. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43378)

DevilsSon 11-13-2007 01:56 AM

just to relax the atmosphere a bit:

And IMPORTANTLY, if you want to discuss religion from a scientific perspective read this book first and debate then!
The Sacred and The Profane: The Nature of... The Sacred and The Profane: The Nature of...

sambos apprentice 11-13-2007 01:59 AM

i m totally chilled :)

that guy is hilarious :L

i ve seen his song about paedophile preists-so funny!

TheseDays2005 11-13-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 784711)
again...you re thinking about earthly goods!

soften your heart...there's more to life than this! we are called to love god. do you seriously think all the complexitites that surround us at this moment are the result of chance?

if all complexitites that surround us are created by god then god also created all the horror surrounding us. god create human = god created the destructor of everything he every created and let them suffer a lot.
Cool god you are defending, be proud of it. Might as well be a nazi...

TheseDays2005 11-13-2007 02:09 AM

Existince is a simple concept. it defines that that what consist either material or energy (E - mc2). Therefore if a god exist it must be composed of either mater or energy.
The opposite must also be true, if a god is not composed of mater or energy then that god by definition does not exist. So to argue if a god exist despite a total absence of mater or energy is too go into discussion about existence = non-existence wich is a complete contradiction.

I never again spent so much time on a post

sambos apprentice 11-13-2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 784720)
Existince is a simple concept. it defines that that what consist either material or energy (E - mc2). Therefore if a god exist it must be composed of either mater or energy.
The opposite must also be true, if a god is not composed of mater or energy then that god by definition does not exist. So to argue if a god exist despite a total absence of mater or energy is too go into discussion about existence = non-existence wich is a complete contradiction.

I never again spent so much time on a post

god gave us free will.

have you read genesis? fantastic book....ridden with metaphoric language..its really rather simple though.

TheseDays2005 11-13-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 784722)
god gave us free will.

have you read genesis? fantastic book....ridden with metaphoric language..its really rather simple though.

how can something that doesn't exist give something?

very simple, impossible.

Tictoc 11-13-2007 02:15 AM

Science constantly seeks the truth and ways to enhance life.

Religion is steeped in lies and myth and is only there to confine people into a sedated way of thinking.

But if religion works for you, please go by whatever fantastical mythological book of rules you live by. As long as you leave us free thinking people alone.

Myguitar 11-13-2007 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 784709)
again if god excist then satan is the better one. Think every 5 seconds to a child dying to poverty.

Yeah, let's see... I hate religious debate because no one can explain anything to anyone without the one person completely ignoring everything the other says. I'll bring up two things though...

Which God? Jews, Muslims and Christian's believe in the same God, the God of Abraham, as they all refer to Him. Some Christians (not all denominations) believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Trinity is still highly debated between all these Christian denominations but they agree that Jesus has God's authority and that the Earth was created through Jesus. Think of it this way, God gave Jesus the tools and he went and made a planet. Bible says it was done in seven days but the Bible also says that God is eternal and that he has no "concept of time", so to speak. So, to God, one day can be one day or a million or billion years. So seven days can equal seven billions years to God... Most Christians take this literally as seven days but many, including myself, don't. I believe Earth has always hosted life, hence Dinosaurs and stuff and then when it went dead, God created it into a place for his new species, humans. Either way, I could care less about the origins of Earth and creation, it doesn't change the fact that I have to pay my billes every other week. :) Jews don't believe in Jesus and Muslims accepted Him only as a prophet but not Son of God. Quran is basically made up of Biblical books with few added texts from Mohammed. You ask which God, there is only one and the problem with humans is that we can't ever agree on anything (hence LH vs. These Days) and our ancestors created religion to get people to believe what they want them to believe. Worshipping God is not "hard", there are no billion rules like some Churches want you to believe, it's just a matter of do you believe in Him or not, we were given a choice.... which brings me to the next point.

Why the suffering? Lucifer (Satan) was an angel who rebeled against God because he didn't understand why he had to serve and not be free to do what he wants. God created Earth as a result and threw the rebels down, then he created man and gave us a choice to prove Satan wrong and show him that nothing can be done without faith in God. We got the choice that Satan wasn't given. God told Adam and Eve to choose Him and live in paradise for all eternity.. or taste the fruit and take the matter into their own hands. So, Adam and Eve sinned and humanity chose it's own way over God's way. So, when someone asks why the suffering in the world, I say it's because we choose to run this world our own way and from the way the news headlines are looking these days, we are not suited to run this, or any world. We will never achieve world peace. We will never prosper. We will most likely self destruct. God told Adam that his job is to populate Earth and thrive... But the modern man's job is to opress every other human and milk them for all they've got. It's been that way since dawn of time and it will never change. Or it wouldn't change hadn't Christ said he'd be back to fix it. So who will you trust? I trust in Him to come back and fix it cause I know we never will... and I just love having hope that something better will come some sunny day. Otherwise, what's the point to living?

:)

TheseDays2005 11-13-2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myguitar (Post 784725)
Yeah, let's see... I hate religious debate because no one can explain anything to anyone without the one person completely ignoring everything the other says. I'll bring up two things though...

Which God? Jews, Muslims and Christian's believe in the same God, the God of Abraham, as they all refer to Him. Some Christians (not all denominations) believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Trinity is still highly debated between all these Christian denominations but they agree that Jesus has God's authority and that the Earth was created through Jesus. Think of it this way, God gave Jesus the tools and he went and made a planet. Bible says it was done in seven days but the Bible also says that God is eternal and that he has no "concept of time", so to speak. So, to God, one day can be one day or a million or billion years. So seven days can equal seven billions years to God... Most Christians take this literally as seven days but many, including myself, don't. I believe Earth has always hosted life, hence Dinosaurs and stuff and then when it went dead, God created it into a place for his new species, humans. Either way, I could care less about the origins of Earth and creation, it doesn't change the fact that I have to pay my billes every other week. :) Jews don't believe in Jesus and Muslims accepted Him only as a prophet but not Son of God. Quran is basically made up of Biblical books with few added texts from Mohammed. You ask which God, there is only one and the problem with humans is that we can't ever agree on anything (hence LH vs. These Days) and our ancestors created religion to get people to believe what they want them to believe. Worshipping God is not "hard", there are no billion rules like some Churches want you to believe, it's just a matter of do you believe in Him or not, we were given a choice.... which brings me to the next point.

Why the suffering? Lucifer (Satan) was an angel who rebeled against God because he didn't understand why he had to serve and not be free to do what he wants. God created Earth as a result and threw the rebels down, then he created man and gave us a choice to prove Satan wrong and show him that nothing can be done without faith in God. We got the choice that Satan wasn't given. God told Adam and Eve to choose Him and live in paradise for all eternity.. or taste the fruit and take the matter into their own hands. So, Adam and Eve sinned and humanity chose it's own way over God's way. So, when someone asks why the suffering in the world, I say it's because we choose to run this world our own way and from the way the news headlines are looking these days, we are not suited to run this, or any world. We will never achieve world peace. We will never prosper. We will most likely self destruct. God told Adam that his job is to populate Earth and thrive... But the modern man's job is to opress every other human and milk them for all they've got. It's been that way since dawn of time and it will never change. Or it wouldn't change hadn't Christ said he'd be back to fix it. So who will you trust? I trust in Him to come back and fix it cause I know we never will... and I just love having hope that something better will come some sunny day. Otherwise, what's the point to living?

:)

That is in fact a fairy-tale. Nothing more, nothing less. A story once created by someone just has genius as Disney, Rowling, S King etc.

Tictoc 11-13-2007 02:22 AM

"Otherwise, what's the point to living?"

Beer. 8)