Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Motley Crue - Thetare of Pain REMASTERS (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=20290)

DevilsSon 12-06-2003 02:25 PM

Motley Crue - Thetare of Pain REMASTERS

I got it yesterday from my MOM. She was great.

However...there are 6 demos on the record and a clip. And there is some article on Motley Crue in it.I'll post it coz i liked it a lot.It's also a Bon Jovi mention in it!

"The 23 city Shout At The Devil tour and a masiively drug-fuelled tour support with Ozzy Osbourne kept profits high, whilw a surreal array of incidents(drummer Tommy Lee's 30 day marriage to model Candice Starre; a Donnington performance during which a cow's eyeball was thrown at the band;guitarist Mick Mars' booze-fuelled suicide attemp;and - most infamously- singer Vince Neil's drunken car-crash,in which Hanoi Rocks drummer Nicholas 'Razzle' Dingley was killed)kept the band's profile as World's CRAZIEST group alive.

In september of '84 demos of new material were recorded and Motley's most ambitious album to date was laid down, based onj the concepts of Italian commedia dell'arte and Antonin Artaud's Theatre of Cruelity.Sounds far fetched?Hey,glam metal bands can read too!

The album, ultimetly titled Theater Of Pain(to the chagrin of manager Doug Thaler, who'd had it's working title, "Entertainment or Death", tatooed on his arm),appeared in June 1985 and was stuffed with classic tracks.Highlits include a cover of Brownsville Station's Smokin' in The Boys Room, Tonight We Need A Lover, and Save Our Souls. It reached no 6 on the US album chart and altough upstarts such as BON JOVI were on the rise in the arena of stadium rock, the Crue's reign was as yet unchalenged.

Welcome to the Theater..."

Joel Mcleaver

I like the asticle. World's craziest band....Rock 'n' Roll.........

captain 12-06-2003 04:32 PM

Motley is one of the best rock band ever.They were amazing! i hope they come back for a reunion tour in 2005 as Nikki Sixx said!

Iceman 12-06-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain
Motley is one of the best rock band ever.They were amazing! i hope they come back for a reunion tour in 2005 as Nikki Sixx said!

And Vince said he's not gonna do it.

Ice

DevilsSon 12-06-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

Originally Posted by captain

And Vince said he's not gonna do it.

Ice

I hope Tommy Lee does it and then i'd accept John Corabi aswell.Who knows.

Vince Nein is probably to fat and it would look different with him being so fat but i'd prefer him to Corabi andyday.

captain 12-07-2003 02:50 AM

The album with Corabi was awesome, very good record, there are goods songs in that album. I love Loveshine! But for Motley the best is Vince...but in good shape! There's a photo in Metal Sludge of him performing in Las Vegas and he seems a cow!