Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Motley Crue then and now? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33072)

Becky 11-22-2005 06:14 AM

Motley Crue then and now?

To anyone who's seen Motley Crue lately, how do they compare to their shows 15 or so years ago? They're playing in Jackson and I'm considering going.

yomamasofat 11-22-2005 06:37 AM

They are older now compared to 15 years ago...

Seriously, I went to watch 2 shows from their Carnival of Sins show, one in Detroit and one in Grand Rapids. I think they were great. The show production was totally excellent, one of the best I've seen. The setlist was awesome, I have to give them that. They never change the setlist, so seeing them once is actually enough. I went twice because the Grand Rapids show was filmed for DVD. But I wasn't in the final cut! :angry:

Mick played great, Tommy was great. Vince sounded like shit a couple of times but overall he's much better than the bootlegs I've heard and thus he exceeded my expectations.

gazthomas 11-22-2005 07:19 PM

go there fcuking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

micks guitar playing is a bit repetative, tommy is awesome especially when him and nicky talk to the arena for about 20 mins ,lol. i didnt have a problem with vinces voice i thought it was superd especailly with all the wear an tear its had it shows littlew signs of failing unlike jbjs.

go u wont regrett it!!!!

ps i must mean it if i wrote this much

its 1 of the best shows ive been they rock!

Not Old_Just Older 11-23-2005 05:51 AM

It is a very good show production but my only complain is that Vince cant sing very good and skip a lot of words and they use plenty of pre recorded vocals like in the chorus of Girls, girls girls you know the part GIRLS!GIRLS!GIRLS! and in Dr Feelgood "He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood
He's the one that makes ya feel alright" its kind of sad but the show is really great and the guys plays great but vince singing and skipping words and the pre recorded stuff is a let down...

eriK 11-24-2005 12:12 AM

I saw them in sweden during sweden rock. They were alright, perhaps not the best band I've seen live.

ajs_jovi 12-08-2005 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
To anyone who's seen Motley Crue lately, how do they compare to their shows 15 or so years ago? They're playing in Jackson and I'm considering going.

They were headlining a show in Oslo, Norway. They really kicked ass! Started with Shout at the devil, pyro, flames and cracy circus on stage. Highlights was probaly when they played "Home swwet home". They really got the fans going bananas. And Vince sounded better now then some years ago. Still screams like a cat:)

gazthomas 12-11-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs_jovi
They were headlining a show in Oslo, Norway. They really kicked ass! Started with Shout at the devil, pyro, flames and cracy circus on stage. Highlights was probaly when they played "Home swwet home". They really got the fans going bananas. And Vince sounded better now then some years ago. Still screams like a cat:)

there like a watered down kiss performance wise

danfan 12-12-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazthomas
there like a watered down kiss performance wise

They're actually much better live than Kiss has been for the past 10 years.

gazthomas 12-12-2005 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
They're actually much better live than Kiss has been for the past 10 years.

yes but i mean the stage show eith the fire and pyro technics

i still would rather watch kiss though kiss kick ass

danfan 12-12-2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazthomas
yes but i mean the stage show eith the fire and pyro technics

i still would rather watch kiss though kiss kick ass

The last few Kiss tours have all been in makeup with the pyro and fire. I saw them twice on it. Motley on this current tour kicks the shit out of Kiss the last 2 times I saw them.