Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Motley Crue and Aerosmith Touring Together (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=35857)

SamboraQueen21 06-16-2006 03:11 AM

Motley Crue and Aerosmith Touring Together

MOTLEY CRUE AND AEROSMITH TOUR CONFIRMED
Motley Crue and Aerosmith will team up for a U.S. tour this fall, according to Blabbermouth.net. Concert promotion company Live Nation has confirmed through its website that the two veteran groups will hit the road together, with the first show penciled in for September 23rd in Camden, New Jersey. Tickets will go on sale June 24th, with more dates and venues to be announced soon.
A Crue/Aerosmith pairing has been the focus of speculation for months, with Crue singer Vince Neil alluding to it earlier this year in a radio interview.

Aerosmith is currently recording its new album and first studio effort since 2004's blues covers collection, Honkin' On Bobo. Lead singer Steven Tyler recently underwent surgery to repair a broken blood vessel in his throat.

Motley Crue reportedly began working on a new studio album in early May, although no details have emerged yet about the project. Drummer Tommy Lee has been filming the second season of the CBS-TV reality series Rock Star, along with ex-Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke.

Dave 1986 06-16-2006 03:18 AM

Jesus, of all the things Americans should be happy for!

Just reading the title of the post is amazing!!! I only ONLY hope they both come to the UK!!

MusicJunkie 06-16-2006 09:44 AM

USA - you're SO lucky!

We very rarely get cool sh** like this in the UK, but I also have my fingers crossed! Seen Aerosmith once and they rocked, have wondered since quite what they have against playing outside the States.

eriK 06-16-2006 12:33 PM

I wanna go to the US!

Captain Walrus 06-16-2006 02:00 PM

*Growls in the general direction of America*

Good to know they're both working on new albums though

danfan 06-16-2006 02:53 PM

Now THAT is a double bill!!!!!

DevilsSon 06-16-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86

Just reading the title of the post is amazing!!! I only ONLY hope they both come to the UK!!

Dream On :d

spunkywho 06-16-2006 06:07 PM

I don't get the excitement.

Aerosmiths last tour was hardly anything to drool about and Motley are a far cry from what they used to be. Add a sky high ticket price to that and venues that suck ass and you are left with what???

It's all in the name and what they once used to be; they know how to cash in on peoples sentimental sides and that is very sad. Not only for the poor desperate souls that go and see those bands everytime they come through for fear it might be their last time and/or in the hopes to capture a glimpse of what the 80s were truly like, but also for the band itself as it truly takes away from the greatness they once possessed and leaves the people who truly remember and care about 'good' music with a bad taste in their mouths. Shame shame shame.... it's the ultimate sellout.

danfan 06-16-2006 09:11 PM

I saw Motley on their last tour and it was amazing. They kicked ass. Great stage show, great energy and they sounded awesome!

Aerosmith just needs to leave the blues shit off of their setlist.

As for the venues, I don't have a problem with them. They're basically the same ones we went to see the bands at in the 80's.

DevilsSon 06-16-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan
Aerosmith just needs to leave the blues shit off of their setlist.

you're sure you ever listened to Aerosmith ...EVER?