Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crush (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43645)

JBJfan2007 11-30-2007 10:09 PM

Crush

I waa listening to Crush today. It had been awhile. I love Its My Life and OWN. But I have realized that if you had not heard any Jovi stuff after These Days-you would not know it was the same band. They are masters at changing their looks and sounds. I like it but can see why many don't.. Some of the songs are quite lame-Capt. Crash and Mystery train. They just completely reinvented themselves with the way they to the sound. Thtas why this was such a hit record as it brought in tons of new and younger fans.

Crushgen24/88 11-30-2007 10:16 PM

I love Crush.
Now before anyone asks, Crush ISN'T the album that got me into Bon Jovi. I atually got it almost a half a year after I got Slippery. That being said, I think it''s an awesome record. The only blah songs on that record are Mystery Train, and I Got The Girl (to an extent) IMHO. I'm sure I'll get blasted, and called all kinds of names and shit, but frankly I dont care.

danfan 11-30-2007 10:17 PM

Captain Crash is a cool song. Just Older was cool the first 40 times they played it live. I've always lked Next 100 Years.

She's a Mystery is probably the most boring song in the history of sound.

Alphavictim 11-30-2007 10:24 PM

It's better than Lost Highway and TLFR... but that's it.

bjcrazycpa 11-30-2007 10:25 PM

And as usual, I love the songs no one else likes:

Say It Isn't So
Captain Crash
Save The World
Mystery Train

I think those are all very good songs. The only song I could take or leave on Crush was I Got The Girl.

deb

danfan 11-30-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 789464)
And as usual, I love the songs no one else likes:

Say It Isn't So
Captain Crash
Save The World
Mystery Train

I think those are all very good songs. The only song I could take or leave on Crush was I Got The Girl.

deb

I like Say It Isn't So and Captain Crash. The other 2 I find boring and lame.

Crushgen24/88 11-30-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 789464)
And as usual, I love the songs no one else likes like:

Say It Isn't So
Captain Crash
Save The World

deb

Oh, I adore those three.
I think Say It Isn't So is one of the best songs they've done in the last ten years. I love the way the opening riff comes in at the end of IML. Tremendoud track sequence IMO. The lyrics are really good to IMO.

bjcrazycpa 11-30-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 789467)
Oh, I adore those three.
I think Say It Isn't So is one of the best songs they've done in the last ten years. I love the way the opening riff comes in at the end of IML. Tremendoud track sequence IMO. The lyrics are really good to IMO.

Oh yea, it's in my top 20 Bon Jovi songs.

deb

Tictoc 11-30-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 789449)
Captain Crash is a cool song. Just Older was cool the first 40 times they played it live. I've always lked Next 100 Years.

She's a Mystery is probably the most boring song in the history of sound.

Wah? You have no soul. It's the only song off the album that I still listen to.

dqgirl 11-30-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBJfan2007 (Post 789442)
They are masters at changing their looks and sounds... They just completely reinvented themselves with the way they to the sound.

I don't completely agree with these statements. You make it sound as though it was a process or group decision to look and sound different from how they looked and sounded in the 80's.

I think of it as more a natural progression. I know I'm not the same person that I was in the 80's. I wouldn't expect them to be, either. Would they still be where they are now if they looked and sounded like they did in the 80's? I really don't think they would be.