Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Change from 2021 til Now…. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70903)

spankymagee 04-15-2022 02:50 AM

Change from 2021 til Now….

Admitted vocal novice….

Help me out here….understanding that the drive-in show was able to be post produced, and things like the iheart media event can be cleaned up as well, the vocal decline of this magnitude does not make sense in such a short period of time. Jon was still playing songs in the same key less than a year ago and sounding basically the same as he had the past few years. What could cause such a dramatic shift?

humm-baby 04-15-2022 04:24 AM

I have the exact same thoughts. Those promo shows got my hopes up that he could still hit those notes.

Falco 04-15-2022 05:15 AM

I think you may have answered your own question, that drive in performance was pure doctored up vocals when they did the final mix. Auto tune, whatever the hell they used. I'm sure Jon sounded just as bad as he does now. Same as the 2018 HOF performance. It was atrocious live, but once they edited the vocals for TV, he sounded great.

Captain_jovi 04-15-2022 05:39 AM

But that doesn't explain the Hampton Wine shows and the live webcasts. To me he sounded rough but not like THIS.

gabriele 04-15-2022 07:26 AM

The post production Means a lot

This Is ktf from this tour in soundboard and postproductedoes It sound so bad? Not at all

https://youtu.be/ZW4umv_0u18

musiccritic101 04-15-2022 07:48 AM

From my perspective Jon did sound pretty terrible during that private show they did in Nashville in October last year, it kinda set the expectation for me that there was not going to be any improvement in Jon's voice during the latest tour.

I also kinda think that the band's 3 week long rehearsals before the tour didn't do any good for Jon's voice, it probably did further damage to Jon's frail vocal cords. Jon probably pushed his voice to the limit during rehearsals because of the pressure of not being onstage in public for the last 2 years.

Honestly nobody will really knows because this is the reality we face, Jon's voice seems to be becoming weaker and weaker by the year.

liljovi93 04-15-2022 07:50 AM

I feel like he's forgot how to act on stage. Whether it's age or not, he doesn't even seem 'cool' anymore. He's always been cringe but a lot of stuff he got away with. It's like he doesn't know how to 'dance', dare I call it dancing, doesn't know where to walk, doesn't know what to do with his arms, I feel like he's lost a lot of his spark.

Vocals are shocking.

I mentioned to someone the other day that at the promo shows, he was stood there, purposely not grabbing the microphone, using little hand signals to conduct himself on what notes to get and working on breathing. He's completely sacked that off now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Javier 04-15-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1279037)
I feel like he's forgot how to act on stage. Whether it's age or not, he doesn't even seem 'cool' anymore. He's always been cringe but a lot of stuff he got away with. It's like he doesn't know how to 'dance', dare I call it dancing, doesn't know where to walk, doesn't know what to do with his arms, I feel like he's lost a lot of his spark.

Vocals are shocking.

I mentioned to someone the other day that at the promo shows, he was stood there, purposely not grabbing the microphone, using little hand signals to conduct himself on what notes to get and working on breathing. He's completely sacked that off now.

I attribute a lot of that with his growing insecurities since his voice has gone downhill. He flashes that smile, raises the hands up to the audience during a solo or outro on one side of the stage and then another looking like a mime conductor meanwhile his face is like he's thinking what to do and where to go next and "damn I butchered that!". I truly do feel for the guy, but the tickets are getting waaayy too expensive and the decline way too steep!....

liljovi93 04-15-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1279045)
I attribute a lot of that with his growing insecurities since his voice has gone downhill. He flashes that smile, raises the hands up to the audience during a solo or outro on one side of the stage and then another looking like a mime conductor meanwhile his face is like he's thinking what to do and where to go next and "damn I butchered that!". I truly do feel for the guy, but the tickets are getting waaayy too expensive and the decline way too steep!....

Yeah, I've said the same thing. It's sad to see but then it's hard to have sympathy when he a) doesn't stop and b) charges ridiculous amounts.

efpg0708 04-15-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1279046)
Yeah, I've said the same thing. It's sad to see but then it's hard to have sympathy when he a) doesn't stop and b) charges ridiculous amounts.

My point exactly. I feel bad for him, and then I remember he’s milking the fans for every last penny charging absurd prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk