Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Songs rehearsed but never played live? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70978)

Kriegentragen 11-12-2022 07:22 PM

Songs rehearsed but never played live?

This question can be divided in 2 fields:

1. The songs that were rehearsed by the band, but never were actually played

To my knowledge: Fields of fire, Hearts breaking even and Beautiful world fit this situation.

2. I had an internal debate on including this, but I thought it could be interesting: Older songs meant to be played after a long time, were rehearsed, but never played.

Cases in point: The hardest part is the night in 2010 and 99 in the shade in 2013.

So, expert people on the fields of Bon Jovi, do you know which other songs were rehearsed, but never played in an actual show?

eddie73 11-14-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1283249)

To my knowledge: Fields of fire, Hearts breaking even and Beautiful world fit this situation.

2. I had an internal debate on including this, but I thought it could be interesting: Older songs meant to be played after a long time, were rehearsed, but never played.

Cases in point: The hardest part is the night in 2010 and 99 in the shade in 2013.

So, expert people on the fields of Bon Jovi, do you know which other songs were rehearsed, but never played in an actual show?

Fields of fire was played live NEC UK KTF tour May 93.... I was there ... Not sure if it was played again thoufg

bonjovi90 11-14-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1283249)

1. Is it known that Hearts Breaking Even was actually rehearsed? Yeah, Jon stated in an early track-by-track interview that he looked forward to playing it live, but I've never read that it actually got rehearsed for live shows.
As Eddie said, Fields Of Fire was played acoustic by Jon in 1993 and by the band for (as far as I remember) the "An Evening With Bon Jovi" concerts (on both nights), but didn't make the final cut.

2. I remember Wild Is The Wind allegedly being rehearsed for the shows at Wembley Stadium in 1995, but then not getting played that year at all. In 2008, 99 In The Shade was done at soundcheck (I think in Australia). Never heard about it in 2013 (but didn't follow the tour that much anymore either).

Supersonic 11-14-2022 09:06 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1283267)
2. I remember Wild Is The Wind allegedly being rehearsed for the shows at Wembley Stadium in 1995, but then not getting played that year at all. In 2008, 99 In The Shade was done at soundcheck (I think in Australia). Never heard about it in 2013 (but didn't follow the tour that much anymore either).

Wild Is The Wind was supposedly soundchecked according to an article in I think Kerrang Magazine. 99 In the Shade was soundchecked in Abu Dhabi 2008 according to a fan on Backstage. Neither source is rather reliable as Backstage has made various wild claims in the past which were never verified and reporters are known to mix up songtitles.

Hard Times Come Easy was soundchecked in Germany in 2003 by the entire band but was never played.

Little Bit Of Soul was soundchecked for San Jose 2010 and then never got played despite Jon announcing on Twitter how the song would show up at the show later that night.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

StickToYourGuns45 11-16-2022 01:56 AM

I vaguely remember there being rumours that Jon had been working through Without Love in Europe in 2013. Again, this was likely a rumour from Backstage JBJ that can't be verified.

BJFan99 11-16-2022 10:56 AM

99 In The Shade and Mystery Train were on the setlist of the cancelled Runaway Tours show (when JBJ caught covid) in Miami 2021.

liljovi93 11-20-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1283286)
99 In The Shade and Mystery Train were on the setlist of the cancelled Runaway Tours show (when JBJ caught covid) in Miami 2021.

Had this talk with a friend the other day and said I'd like to hear him try 1/2 more from Crush.
Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

richiefan95 11-21-2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1283268)
Aloha !

Hard Times Come Easy was soundchecked in Germany in 2003 by the entire band but was never played.

Was Jon on his guitar or doing vocals or was it only Richie?