Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 19 Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt, Austria Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70607)

Zakatar 07-04-2019 08:26 AM

The Official July 19 Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt, Austria Thread

Setlists, Predictions, Videos, Disappointments, Complaints...

This show marks the first time Bon Jovi play in Klagenfurt.

Setlist:

01. This House is Not For Sale
02. Raise Your Hands
03. You Give Love a Bad Name
04. Born to Be My Baby
05. Whole Lot of Leavin'
06. Lost Highway
07. Runaway
08. We Weren't Born to Follow
09. Have a Nice Day
10. Keep the Faith
11. Amen
12. Bed of Roses
13. I'd Die For You
14. It's My Life
15. Knockout
16. Wanted Dead or Alive
17. Lay Your Hands on Me
18. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
19. Bad Medicine
----------------------------
20. Always
21. Livin' on a Prayer

weekend 07-16-2019 11:47 AM

Wondering why the band are playing two shows in a tiny country? Why wouldn’t they schedule this show in Italy or France?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave88 07-16-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekend (Post 1257190)
Wondering why the band are playing two shows in a tiny country? Why wouldn’t they schedule this show in Italy or France?

The local tourism office in Klagenfurt paid a lot of money to have the band playing there.

Tom_K 07-16-2019 06:42 PM

It's also close to some other countries. One company from Slovenia that organizes trips to concerts is bringing 39 buses of fans (cca. 2.000 people). Probably many other people going with their own cars since it's just a 2 hour drive.

DavetheGodofKeys 07-16-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1257210)
It's also close to some other countries. One company from Slovenia that organizes trips to concerts is bringing 39 buses of fans (cca. 2.000 people). Probably many other people going with their own cars since it's just a 2 hour drive.

That's exactly my situation. A Bulgarian company that organizes such trips will be going to the Bucharest show with a bus. The plan of the trip is to go to Bucharest with a bus from Sofia. I'll be going on that bus, and it'll be my first Jovi show.

efpg0708 07-16-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weekend (Post 1257190)

Because they don’t sell as many tickets as they used to in the majority of markets nowadays, so they have began chasing “forgotten” markets since 2013 in order to boost sales up.

LeaJovi 07-19-2019 03:55 PM

Just throwing some good vibes to anyone going, hope it's a great show and maybe, just maybe a nice rarity thrown in.

Have fun!

Roll 07-19-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1257223)
Because they don’t sell as many tickets as they used to in the majority of markets nowadays, so they have began chasing “forgotten” markets since 2013 in order to boost sales up.

They never sold well in France. While they've saturated the European market in the last 15 years, they've played only 3 times in France (3 times in Paris to be more accurate) : 1996, 2001 and 2010 for a day off during the O2 residency.

I told myself so many times that English people were so lucky with 4 or so shows every tour !

Xavi 07-19-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1257389)
They never sold well in France. While they've saturated the European market in the last 15 years, they've played only 3 times in France (3 times in Paris to be more accurate) : 1996, 2001 and 2010 for a day off during the O2 residency.

I told myself so many times that Engllish people were so lucky with 4 or so shows every tour !

3 shows,but 3 great shows

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1257389)

I told myself so many times that English people were so lucky with 4 or so shows every tour !

Yep, France has always been a tough market for Bon Jovi. Even at their height, they couldn't play any outdoor venue there in the mid-90's. However, up until 1996 they had at least played Paris once or more each tour, after then it got really patchy though. Probably because it was hard to find promoters who were willing to come up with the fee for a band that wouldn't sell well.

Roll 07-19-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257393)
Yep, France has always been a tough market for Bon Jovi. Even at their height, they couldn't play any outdoor venue there in the mid-90's. However, up until 1996 they had at least played Paris once or more each tour, after then it got really patchy though. Probably because it was hard to find promoters who were willing to come up with the fee for a band that wouldn't sell well.

I guess no promoter wanted to take the financial risk to set up a stadium show which wouldn't have been even half full.
They played in Paris back in 2010 because the stage was sized for the 02 Arena, which suited Bercy.
As a result, I saw the band live 8 times only, 3 of which taking place in Paris.
Had I been English, that amount could be multiplied by 3.

But as Xavi said, those 3 shows were great shows, especially in a day and age when you couldn't compare set lists and have the show on streaming one hour after it ended :) Good old days ?

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 10:02 PM

I'd Die For You and Knockout have been played

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

james_d 07-19-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257399)
I'd Die For You and Knockout have been played

I'm surprised knockout hasn't been played until now. I don't particularly like it but it's been a staple since 2017. IDFY is good to see.

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 10:42 PM

No kidding: Always, but David can't get the song right and they needed three attempts to get it going.
Had to stop twice during the first verse.

liljovi93 07-19-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1257404)
No kidding: Always, but David can't get the song right and they needed three attempts to get it going.
Had to stop twice during the first verse.

Hmm interesting.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. Raise Your Hands
03. You Give Love A Bad Name
04. Born To Be My Baby
05. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
06. Lost Highway
07. Runaway
08. We Weren't Born To Follow
09. Have A Nice Day
10. Keep The Faith
11. Amen
12. Bed Of Roses
13. I'd Die For You
14. It's My Life
15. Knockout
16. Wanted Dead Or Alive
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
19. Bad Medicine

Encore:
20. Always (stopped twice during the first verse)
21. Livin' On A Prayer

According to the friend of mine who texted me this info, Jon was in the mood and not on autopilot and the crowd was great.
He had gone to Wembley, Munich and Madrid and said that this was the best out of all 4 with a crowd that was actually louder than on any of the other shows he's seen this tour.

Falco 07-19-2019 11:02 PM

Speaking of Always, anybody else see this? This was just posted up on the official YouTube channel, this has to be doctored up.

james_d 07-19-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 1257407)
Speaking of Always, anybody else see this? This was just posted up on the official YouTube channel, this has to be doctored up.

Always - 2019 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Live from Wembley) - YouTube

I'm pretty sure all of the live shows have been put through auto tune of some sort

bonjovi90 07-19-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 1257407)

Always - 2019 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Live from Wembley) - YouTube

Yep, was posted here two or three times in other threads today ;)

Dave88 07-19-2019 11:12 PM

Original setlist had I'll Be There as the encore opener but was swapped for Always.

Other audibles were Sat Night and Blood on Blood.

Tom_K 07-19-2019 11:19 PM

Great show. The crowd was so loud, you couldn't hear Jon many times and he let the crowd do a lot of singing.

Jon was moving around a lot. Totally opposite of what I was expecting. On songs where the crowd didn't sing loud, you could hear Jon's problems.

On some songs I had a feeling that the solos from Phil were in a different key than the rest of the song.

All in all, great atmosphere and concert. I think we got the best of what they're able to give at this moment. No autopilot tonight.

WILDJOVIMAN 07-19-2019 11:24 PM

Back in the bus... After Vienna Wednesday, today's show was miles better than Vienna. Jon was in the mood of his life. Different endings to BTBMB with lots of nananas in the end, because the band has missed the first ending... And a second women put on stage to dance with Jon after bed of roses... Jon sang the chorus of nor a capello for the second women .. IDFY was a request from the audience.
Always was the first encore, david was out of key 2 times, so Jon went to him to stop the song... He was really friendly and happy with the response of the crowd tonight. Always sounded great due to today's standards.

Elvistico 07-20-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1257220)
That's exactly my situation. A Bulgarian company that organizes such trips will be going to the Bucharest show with a bus. The plan of the trip is to go to Bucharest with a bus from Sofia. I'll be going on that bus, and it'll be my first Jovi show.

Awesome that in 2019 there are still people who'll see the band for the first time ever. A bit like my mum :) ... so I tell you what I told her. The heydays off the band are over, but you'll see an amazing concert, ace band, ace sound, amazing visuals and the best frontman out there.

The singing won't amaze you, but that's probably something you'd expected since you are on this board and so you are reading the comments.

Anyway - you'll have a great night.

WILDJOVIMAN 07-20-2019 12:14 AM

https://youtu.be/LXiK26fAleQ

My Video from I'd Die for you

DestinationJovi 07-20-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1257420)
https://youtu.be/LXiK26fAleQ

My Video from I'd Die for you

If this guy auditioned for the Voice or American Idol he wouldn't make it past the first round.

bjcrazycpa 07-20-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1257422)
If this guy auditioned for the Voice or American Idol he wouldn't make it past the first round.

I don’t disagree but the shows setlists were beyond stale and he finally did a request I’d rather hear not good rare vs not good same ol lol! I will always give him a break on spontaneity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zakatar 07-20-2019 01:39 AM

About time they changed the setlist up a bit. Nice seeing IDFY and Always again. And even though I think WDR is a better song than Knockout, I still like that change.

angelsambo 07-20-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1257422)

at least it sounded better than the last time in denmark

WILDJOVIMAN 07-20-2019 02:40 AM

https://youtu.be/0O0lNHSQFtQ

My Video from always incl. 2.mistakes by David in the beginning... This makes it even more special

YOVANAfromPeru 07-20-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1257428)
This makes it even more special

Oh yeah baby
BEST CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I DIED!!! (Pun Intended #IdDieForYou)

Tictoc 07-20-2019 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1257425)
I don’t disagree but the shows setlists were beyond stale and he finally did a request I’d rather hear not good rare vs not good same ol lol! I will always give him a break on spontaneity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did a request because the band have played it already on the tour. He wouldn't have played anything other than a song he was 100% sure they could pull off.

Let's not act as of he's brave all of a sudden.

Tictoc 07-20-2019 03:13 AM

Quote:

My Video from always incl. 2.mistakes by David in the beginning... This makes it even more special

Yay! Jon is back to being an insufferable prick when someone makes a mistake again.

If I was David I would have punched Jon so hard that his grey wig would have fell off.

Tom_K 07-20-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1257431)
Yay! Jon is back to being an insufferable prick when someone makes a mistake again.

If I was David I would have punched Jon so hard that his grey wig would have fell off.

Jon went over to David later during the solo and gave him a pat on the back. In all honesty, David did screw up and even the 2nd or 3rd try wasn't perfect. I thought he had issues with the keyboards.

Tictoc 07-20-2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1257433)
Jon went over to David later during the solo and gave him a pat on the back. In all honesty, David did screw up and even the 2nd or 3rd try wasn't perfect. I thought he had issues with the keyboards.

A professional would stop the performance, cut the lights and go and sort the issue out quickly rather than openly mocking whoever made the mistake.

Dave did mess up but that doesn't give Jon, a man who can't sing anymore, the right to be a complete dick about it.

I don't think there was an issue with the keyboard. I think David just had a brain fart which is extremely rare for him.

DavetheGodofKeys 07-20-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1257434)
A professional would stop the performance, cut the lights and go and sort the issue out quickly rather than openly mocking whoever made the mistake.

Dave did mess up but that doesn't give Jon, a man who can't sing anymore, the right to be a complete dick about it.

I don't think there was an issue with the keyboard. I think David just had a brain fart which is extremely rare for him.

I wouldn't say Jon was being a Dick. He reacted more calmer than he would've done if this happened was 30 years ago.

rokenrola 07-20-2019 05:00 AM

Great show,I will give a review later,just one thing-great frontman.

Captain_jovi 07-20-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1257430)
He did a request because the band have played it already on the tour. He wouldn't have played anything other than a song he was 100% sure they could pull off.

Let's not act as of he's brave all of a sudden.

Nope but there's a middle area to giving him a medal of honor and saying "i'd rather he do this than nothing". It's such a small thing but, again, the people at this show probably weren't at any other show this tour.

kleman 07-20-2019 08:22 AM

fast review.....well without a doubt my top 5 jovi concert. Great different setlist, one of the loudest crowd i ever heard. Such a great atmosfere. Everything was just perfect. It was my girlfriend first Jovi concert and she love it.
Jon is still a first class frontman. Tonight everything was different (setlist, Jon's mood, mistakes...... Jon really wasn't on auto. Just watch BTBMB, Roses, Always...
Thank you Bon Jovi, you still got it!! :cool:

efpg0708 07-20-2019 08:29 AM

That’s awesome to hear !

BJFan99 07-20-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

David's two mistakes are much less severe than Jon's numerous ones during this performance. The last chorus isn't too bad, but the rest is pretty much embarrassing.

Glad to hear that he was on fire again as a frontman, though.