Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Nige 07-08-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1226002)
Was "Hush" re-recorded with the band (Itīs my Life-Single) or did Jon actually put a solo- demo on a band single?

From the style of playing I'm almost certain this is a solo/big dogs demo.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

- Was "Hush" re-recorded with the band (Itīs my Life-Single) or did Jon
actually put a solo- demo on a band single?

It goes further than just Hush. The Crush B-sides was where the line started getting blurred (or Drive as a D.A. b-side if we're being technical) between solo and band stuff being released under the proper name.

Hush
I don't want to live forever
Stay
You can't lose at love

were all recorded by Jon with his solo band and left as is when released as Crush B-sides.

Faceman 07-08-2017 08:19 PM

Stay, too!?
I always thought this was another effort from/with Dave to write a band song.

Walleris 07-08-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1226012)
Stay, too!?
I always thought this was another effort from/with Dave to write a band song.

No, it was always a Jon solo song originally, it was only a matter of whether it was re-recorded, I would guess not based on this video, where, while the quality is inconclusive, sounds like it's the same version (half step down) as the one that was released.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2017 10:43 PM

And that's 100 percent Bobby singing backing vocals too. The phrasing of the solo is def Bobby too. Great song either way.

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Iīll add some titles altough I donīt know if they qualify for your list

or it was a song that wasnīt included on "The Powerstation years"

I did a quick look through my old list of casette tapes and found these:

- Early demos 1978 or 1979 (but I donīt know if that were actually Jonīs
songs or covers)

When midnight comes
Somewhere loving you
Go around

- Studio Rehearsals 1983 (I believe all covers + from the sound of it, these
may also be from the "Powerstation" era)

Summertime Blues
Fallinīin Love with you
Tonite
Promises
Better think twice
Higher than they say

- Was "Hush" re-recorded with the band (Itīs my Life-Single) or did Jon
actually put a solo- demo on a band single?

Sorry, I'm just getting to this now... All 3 titles sound familiar:
- When midnight comes
- Somewhere loving you
- Go around
I could tell you that Somewhere Loving You is not Jon and I got into the biggest fight with the guy at Bon Jovi Radio over this... It's on YouTube if you want to check it out... I can't place When Midnight Comes but i know I've crossed paths with this song before... It might have been on one of my own lists a long time ago and I might have dismissed it from being Bon Jovi too... I just can't remember the fate of that one... I got nothing for Go Around

As far as these go:
- Summertime Blues
- Fallinīin Love with you
- Tonite
- Promises
- Better think twice
- Higher than they say

Summertime Blues is a cover and although anything in Soundboard quality would be cool to own, I'm not including this one on our wish list... The vocals are horrible... I've never heard of Fallinīin Love With You or Higher Than They Say... so until someone can confirm these or even better, share them, I'm going to wait to include them too..

Rdkopper 07-09-2017 05:02 AM

Power Station songs have now been added.

Different Lady and This Time are great songs bty.

jazzsta 07-09-2017 09:06 AM

I think that in the first post, it would be good to somehow differentiate between songs that we have heard in some kind of recording and songs whose existance we know only by the leaking of some title.

BonJovi100 07-09-2017 11:13 AM

Cave Of The Hearft is Probalby Game Of The Heart ()

Elvis In Vegas - Is not from The Circle. IT's from Cross Road era.
Date of Recordation:
October 14, 1994
Entire Copyright Document:
V3039P057-058
Date of Execution:
September 13, 1994
Title:
(I saw) Elvis in Vegas; musical composition / By Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Falcon & Desmond Child.

Summer's Gone - There is no Jon version. He only helped to make song longer.
""'Summer's Gone', the final track on 'Radio', was finished with the help of Jon Bon Jovi. "Summer's Gone" was something we wrote one verse to and then Jon Bon Jovi came by the studio one day and he called it Brian's 'My Way'. Jon collaborated with us a little on it, changing the melody in a couple of spots. He wrote some really nice verses that kind of tied it all in together. We definitely appreciated the contribution because it took it from one great verse to one great song."

It's good idea to make list songgs that we never heard and songs that we know in some kind of recordings.

Stranger11 07-09-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226019)
Summertime Blues is a cover and although anything in Soundboard quality would be cool to own, I'm not including this one on our wish list... The vocals are horrible... I've never heard of Fallinīin Love With You or Higher Than They Say... so until someone can confirm these or even better, share them, I'm going to wait to include them too..

I have all of them but just on cassette and they are far from soundboard quality. I know that Summertime blues and Higher than they say are covers but since i never heard the other 3 before Iīm not sure if the names of the songs are correct.