Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70049)

Nige 07-07-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1225975)
In the 2014 thread it was for The Circle. "There was an early article where Jon was talking about new songs. The main focus was a song called Can I Be happy now which I think it's fairly safe to assume became Happy Now but he also listed about three other titles...Two of them ended up on The Circle but the third one was Just Like A Princess."

Thanks very much - that does sound familiar. Didn't think I'd ever confuse TC and HAND!

jovifan93 07-07-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1225974)
A similar sheet (like this one posted in the box set thread) exists for These Days, too.
Does somebody have it? I'm pretty sure that I had it somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

There is one picture in the Box Set booklet, however it only has 8 tracks or so and they all ended up on the album. Don't know if we ever got another list like that KTF one. That vault website unfortunately doesn't exist anymore...

Rdkopper 07-07-2017 05:29 PM

Wow... Over 75 titles (and that doesn't include the basement demos)... Even if we got 25 of them, I'd be ecstatic...

It's actually a little depressing knowing that we may never get any of these... I mean, how much longer can they hold these songs? If we don't have them by now, we may never get them...

Denmad 07-07-2017 05:46 PM

"The Ballad of Alice Cooper" (most likely written during NJ era, performed only once in 1990).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1225977)
Don't know if we ever got another list like that KTF one

Similar list can be seen in the Because We Can Tour Program. That was the source of the songs like "Shine", "Times Like These" and "State of the Union" I mentioned on the first page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1225978)
It's actually a little depressing knowing that we may never get any of these... I mean, how much longer can they hold these songs? If we don't have them by now, we may never get them...

I think Jon can keep many songs for the posthumous album.

Rdkopper 07-07-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmad (Post 1225979)
I think Jon can keep many songs for the posthumous album.

The problem is, I might be gone by then too... Plus Obie is the guy who tracks all this stuff and he's got 10 years on Jon

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-07-2017 06:34 PM

It's not like Obie is the gatekeeper to the Bon Jovi empire. At some point a good chunk of songs will come out. I'm not saying he'll have to die for it to happen but if they find a way to monetize this stuff it will probably happen.

Rdkopper 07-07-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1225982)
It's not like Obie is the gatekeeper to the Bon Jovi empire. At some point a good chunk of songs will come out. I'm not saying he'll have to die for it to happen but if they find a way to monetize this stuff it will probably happen.

True but half of them won't get released either because Jon probably doesn't think they are 'good enough'... Obie had to talk him into putting Outlaws on the Box... He thinks hearing him screech about change is better than a balls out passionate rock song...

steel_horse75 07-07-2017 09:25 PM

They won't ever get released.

groover22 07-07-2017 09:31 PM

The These Days sheet:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1a488a5e6e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-07-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1225984)
They won't ever get released.

I think some off the later stuff will...