Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   songs with cool stories or meanings? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33299)

RyanBounce04 12-09-2005 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captaincrash1986
hey ryan evryone knows the song Stan, did you really have to write out all the lyrics? lol

So just because maybe you and I know the song Stan, everyone else knows it too???? Some people don't listen to Eminem or haven't heard the song. By the way, I wouldn't waste my time "typing" the lyrics, it's called copy and paste.

Ryan

captaincrash1986 12-09-2005 01:09 AM

There are some amzing songs that tell stories (right side of wrong not beingone of them!) Spread Your Wings, Nan's Song and Me And My Monkey by Robbie Williams are all great, but then again, a lot of you are American and Robbie Williams obviously wasn't good enough to cut it over there, neither were Oasis really (which reminds me Supersonic is another great one), yet Coldplay were?
Another great song that tells a story is, It Was A Very Good year by frank Sinatra

captaincrash1986 12-09-2005 01:15 AM

Well Ryan I beg to differ, unless you've been living under a rock for the past 5/6 years you will know who Eminem is and you will know the song Stan as it's probably his most famous song. ooo and congratulations you know how to copy and paste, im impressed.

RyanBounce04 12-09-2005 01:29 AM

Quote:

Well Ryan I beg to differ, unless you've been living under a rock for the past 5/6 years you will know who Eminem is and you will know the song Stan as it's probably his most famous song. ooo and congratulations you know how to copy and paste, im impressed.

I didn't say people weren't going to know who Eminem was... And for the record, Stan wasn't his biggest hit. Lose Yourself came out in 2003 and was said to be the best song he's ever recorded and written and based on the charts in which that song topped, I'd agree completely. By the way, you are the one that made the dumb comment.. "Did you really have to write out all those lyrics?".

Ryan

captaincrash1986 12-09-2005 01:45 AM

Wow I apoligise, please forgive me! Eat shit you redneck prick! For a start I don't give a shit if lose yourself was bigger or not, Stan is his most famous, ok? Secondly Eminem blows ass, and it's only assholes like YOU who only listen to what MTV tells them to that listen to the prick. Now go change your trucker cap and knock up your wife/beat her again and leave me in peace

RyanBounce04 12-09-2005 02:01 AM

Quote:

Wow I apoligise, please forgive me! Eat shit you redneck prick! For a start I don't give a shit if lose yourself was bigger or not, Stan is his most famous, ok? Secondly Eminem blows ass, and it's only assholes like YOU who only listen to what MTV tells them to that listen to the prick. Now go change your trucker cap and knock up your wife/beat her again and leave me in peace

Stan wasn't even his most famous song... Lose Yourself blew that out of the water. Talk about being on their period... Talk about attacking someone. All of that is just uncalled for. If Eminem blows ass then why do you care??? You were trying to justify yourself and it didn't work. Admit it... You you made a dumb comment. I'm not going to get down on your level and call you a piece of eurotrash or anything like that. That would be acting like a ten year old. Next time, don't say something completely stupid. By the way I'm not married, and just because I'm from the USA doesn't mean I'm a redneck. Grow up.

Ryan

Iceman 12-09-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Listen newbie, if you think you can come here and start badmouthing people like that, you're in the wrong place.

And FYI, you're wrong. Stan might be the on eYOU know best, but then again, you just said you didn't care for the guy, so how would you know anything?

Now, either stop that infatile rampage your on or crawl under a rock and die. Your choice.

Ice

gazthomas 12-09-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Now, either stop that infatile rampage your on or crawl under a rock and die. Your choice.

Ice

i know which i would choose

Mr Bluesman 12-10-2005 12:55 PM

I was just listening to this song as I read the thread. It's 'Leatherman' by Pearl Jam. Pretty cool song, easy to follow the lyrics. Vedder's inspiration came from this dude - http://members.skyweb.net/~channy/leatherman.html

Pearl Jam - Leatherman

I heard about a man to whom I may be related, he's leatherman.
Died a long time ago in the 1880s...leatherman, leatherman.
Covered with leather, but it wasn’t tight.
Underneath the moon in the woods at night...

Makin' the rounds ten miles a day,
Once a month they'd spot him, here's what they'd say...
"Here he comes, he's a man of the land.
He's leatherman. Smile on his face, an axe in his pack.
He's leatherman."

Comes out of the caves once a day to be fed.
Wasn't known to say but, "Thanks for the bread."

So modern day I walk my way, my jacket faded,
Just like a man of leather whom I may be related.

Rolled a cigarette, for which he asked for a light,
Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.

Makin' the rounds ten miles a day.
Once a month they'd spot him and here's what they'd say...
"Here he comes, he's a man of the land, he's leatherman.
Smile on his face, an axe in his hand.
He's leatherman."

Shake his hand he's leatherman.
Bake some bread he's leatherman.
Shame he's dead. I saw his bed,
It's all that's left of leatherman.

Give me some skin, leatherman.

captaincrash1986 12-11-2005 01:38 PM

Blow me iceman, and I actually have a few Eminem albums so therefore i think that gives me the right to criticise. You called me newbie? What a shit word, what the hell does it mean anyway? Heres a hint, stop watching Scrubs Bambi. And "Iceman"? lol what the **** is that about? You watchin' a bit too much Top Gun?

ps. Extract Ryan's cock from your mouth