Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Supersonic 09-25-2020 09:30 AM

Aloha !

I've no idea what you're hearing. It's the same old bunch of metaphors over rehashed melodies on top of a band completely devoid of any identity. The production on Blood In The Water absolutely ruins the song and everything sounds like your average TV tune they'd use on top of a As The World Turns scene. And then there's the singer who sounds like he's having a stroke everytime he's opening his mouth. Bon Jovi really want to be Tom Cruise directed by Spielberg but wind up being Vin Diesel being directed by Michael Bay.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

James_86 09-25-2020 09:40 AM

Am I the only one hearing more than a bit of a Dire Straights influence in Blood In The Water?

I must admit, I'd written this album off completely after Limitless, DWYC and AR, but some of these previews have given me a glimmer of hope.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

james_d 09-25-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1267322)
Am I the only one hearing more than a bit of a Dire Straights influence in Blood In The Water?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Definitely mate, no bad thing either

Santa Fe 09-25-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1267255)

Well could you help please ?
I figured out only some words.

Beautiful drug
???? remedy
love is a beutiful drug ??

Story of love

?? Of the finger
You 're not a child
but you 're still holding on
as you walked down the ??
When the keep you away
to hear someone else say
that someone will love you
?????? father
Lai dai dedi lai

Let it rain
????? ground
I'm asking who's gonna
stop the rain for falling down
Wherever there's a soldier
who won't give up the fight
wherever there's a darkness
that's trying to find the light

Lower the flag
Of the road
There thoughts and prayers
???????? maybe protests in the streets
?????????next one before we ever grieve
We move on to the next one before we even grieve
Then some say we start to die

Blood in the water

A storm is coming
Let me be clear
You're day is a number
They end this near
The walls around you
I'm closing in
It's too late for praying???

Brothers in arms

When mamma said
hard work what is done to me
Don't let em do what is done to me
It's a heartbreak
That's gone far on the city
It's been a heartbreak
that's gone far in the city

Hope you help please

steel_horse75 09-25-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1267321)
Aloha !

I've no idea what you're hearing. It's the same old bunch of metaphors over rehashed melodies on top of a band completely devoid of any identity. The production on Blood In The Water absolutely ruins the song and everything sounds like your average TV tune they'd use on top of a As The World Turns scene. And then there's the singer who sounds like he's having a stroke everytime he's opening his mouth. Bon Jovi really want to be Tom Cruise directed by Spielberg but wind up being Vin Diesel being directed by Michael Bay.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Someone on twitter thinks the Production is like These Days !! The mind boggles.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Xavi 09-25-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1267245)
Countdown to the always present "please write the lyrics"

The countdown has reached to zero.
Hahahah😂

Xavi 09-25-2020 10:31 AM

I have always waited till the day the record is launched and this time wont be different but damn,you all made me want to listen to all the snippets!!

Santa Fe 09-25-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianoizar (Post 1267287)
Try it now!
I believe I have confused the links here
90 seconds of each song.
I apologize

https://we.tl/t-loCFzGiiJX

Have you got the lyrics of these snippets please ?

WILDJOVIMAN 09-25-2020 11:05 AM

i really like what i´ve heard so far <3

Alphavictim 09-25-2020 11:11 AM

Beautiful Drug reminds me of the Crush era. Not my favorite style, although the song _is_ catchy. So I gotta say I am kinda let down by this one.

Blood In The Water is classic catchy Jovi. Holy crap. Great chorus melody, although it does sound quite a bit like Dry County. Kinda anxious about the lyrics, there's lot of **** up potential here, with Jon talking about "the only life" he's known.

Let It Rain sounds like a punchier version of some of the stuff from the middle of THINFS. Should be a bit faster.

Story of Love... yeah, nasally lai de de dai isn't quite it. Would probably work just fine with a 90's JBJ belting out the lyrics, though.

Brothers in Arms sounds like a fine diversion on the album, but this kind of track would benefit immensely from Richie. Although of course, proper quality will also help its punchiness I suppose.

Lower the Flag is simply Springsteen, lyrics and melody. Good melodies, though.